Sign in to follow this  
Real McCoy

Moving forward - recommendations thread

Also have a plan on the brand of cricket that Ind wants to play .... Many times, the team is unwatchable which is not good for long term esp. when cricket is facing competition from other sports as well in the subcon 

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Also have a plan on the brand of cricket that Ind wants to play .... Many times, the team is unwatchable which is not good for long term esp. when cricket is facing competition from other sports as well in the subcon 

I don't think cricket in India will die in the next 10 years. But agree with you on the interest the brand creates. Aus during the 90s and 00s had a good talent pool of players where the A team can challenge the main squad in first class and List A matches. Imagine Matthew Hayden and Justin Langer being a backup to Mark Taylor and Michael Slater and Damien Martyn for Mark Waugh.

Need to develop more competition among spots in the national team. So a guy like Pant or Kuldeep getting a kick on the backside when they relax or don't perform under pressure. Players like DK, Rahul, Shankar wouldn't have survived or if they did survive, they would be better players instead of their current form.

Middle order should not be made of bits and pieces players. They should have the ability to make centuries. 150s. Play long innings. i understand Indian top order rarely lets them do that. For that to happen  Today in a situation where they had 40 overs, should have been able to put up a big partnership. Pant can be forgiven as he is too new and raw. Same way Pandya was originally included in the side as a slogger not innings builder. This is why it is even more puzzling Dhoni did not come ahead of Pandya and Pant. Pandya is there to close out the innings in case the run rate is steep.  Gill,  Rahul, Pant, Pandya should form the middle order.  We should persist with Kulcha,  Shami, Bhuvi, Bhumrah. Our team is a lot more settled than other sides. We have to groom a left handed seamer.  Indian batsmen must start practicing bowling. It should be a mandatory requirements. No more one-dimensional players.

Jadhav, Dhoni, DK all should be kicked out forever. 

Shastri,bangar needs to go.Basu is leaving sadly.Bharat arun should stay.

All oldies should go.

No to kohli removed,because rohit himself might not play next wc whereas kohli certainly will.It will also create dressing room dissension.

Agree to rest.

Need to keep a gun replacement for every critical position so dhawan like incident doesnt happen again.

Need a good spinning allrounder at 7 -krunal and jadeja are options.Washinton sundar.

Vihari can be a good lower order option as grafter to balance the aggression of pant and pandya.

Gill and shaw certainties.Drop rahul and play mayank.Mayank and shaw should be reserve openers now.

Chahar to keep chahal under pressure.Chahar can actually bat.

New fast bowling options.

18 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Middle order should not be made of bits and pieces players. They should have the ability to make centuries. 150s. Play long innings. i understand Indian top order rarely lets them do that. For that to happen  Today in a situation where they had 40 overs, should have been able to put up a big partnership. Pant can be forgiven as he is too new and raw. Same way Pandya was originally included in the side as a slogger not innings builder. This is why it is even more puzzling Dhoni did not come ahead of Pandya and Pant. Pandya is there to close out the innings in case the run rate is steep.  Gill,  Rahul, Pant, Pandya should form the middle order.  We should persist with Kulcha,  Shami, Bhuvi, Bhumrah. Our team is a lot more settled than other sides. We have to groom a left handed seamer.  Indian batsmen must start practicing bowling. It should be a mandatory requirements. No more one-dimensional players.

Rahul is not good enough . He is dot ball king that puts pressure on players around him and have to be dropped. We have to get another left hand batsmen in top 6 along with Pant.

19 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Invest in other sports

Why not Aussies love their version of “football” Americans love the “NFL” 2 sports no one gives a fk about outside their countries.

We have a billion people. Make kabaddi the no.1 sport. Unfortunately most of the posers we have back home prefer English premier league and other bs soccer leagues that have nothing to do with India or NBA :wall:  problem is they don’t even try to get inspired and play the game like most of us have tried to give cricket a shot. 

Doesnt matter how much you invest, sport needs audience. Make kabbaddi more entertaining :cheer:

58 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

5. Remove the current group of selectors and install strong visionaries like Ganguly, Dravid, Sachin, VVS in leadership positions like how England after the 2015 debacle sought the help of Andrew Strauss

You think Ganguly, Dravid, Sachin, Laxman etc. wouldn't bat to keep guys like Dhoni in the team and Kohli as captain?

57 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

Agree with all points. Let’s see what happens.

Getting a creepy feeling that nothing much going to change by the looks of PR bombardment since yesterday. 

Reasons :- 

1. Not one retirement from indian team so far even though we have official  38+ , but really well above 40+.

2. Why MSD did not come at 4, 5, or 6  but at #7 ?.  why he was protected ?

I think these guys are just waiting till Oct BCCI elections and then Srini Mama gtoup will sort out everything for them . 

Edited by prudent_kreeda

9 minutes ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Shastri,bangar needs to go.Basu is leaving sadly.Bharat arun should stay.

All oldies should go.

No to kohli removed,because rohit himself might not play next wc whereas kohli certainly will.It will also create dressing room dissension.

Agree to rest.

Need to keep a gun replacement for every critical position so dhawan like incident doesnt happen again.

Need a good spinning allrounder at 7 -krunal and jadeja are options.Washinton sundar.

Vihari can be a good lower order option as grafter to balance the aggression of pant and pandya.

Gill and shaw certainties.Drop rahul and play mayank.Mayank and shaw should be reserve openers now.

Chahar to keep chahal under pressure.Chahar can actually bat.

New fast bowling options.

Praveen Amre can be a good batting coach. I agree on Rohit he will be 36 next world cup. His hand eye coordination may come down. He is already a bit fat. I dont know how much he will gain by the next world cup. He needs to be evaluated on an yearly basis. He will be ok for the next few years. He can be utilized as a stop gap captain until someone like Pandya becomes eligible for leadership responsibilities. I don't care about Kohli's captaincy. If it creates dissension, so be it. He is not bigger than Indian cricket. If he can't work with it, he is a tumor and needs to be removed. There is plenty of talent waiting in the wings. Our current team is stale and well past the due date. Need more youth and fresh ideas.

7 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

You think Ganguly, Dravid, Sachin, Laxman etc. wouldn't bat to keep guys like Dhoni in the team and Kohli as captain?

:hmmm:Maybe we need someone who hasn't played with Dhoni or Kohli. How about the 1983 team members

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Praveen Amre can be a good batting coach. I agree on Rohit he will be 36 next world cup. His hand eye coordination may come down. He is already a bit fat. I dont know how much he will gain by the next world cup. He needs to be evaluated on an yearly basis. He will be ok for the next few years. He can be utilized as a stop gap captain until someone like Pandya becomes eligible for leadership responsibilities. I don't care about Kohli's captaincy. If it creates dissension, so be it. He is not bigger than Indian cricket. If he can't work with it, he is a tumor and needs to be removed. There is plenty of talent waiting in the wings. Our current team is stale and well past the due date. Need more youth and fresh ideas.

Nothing about Pandya screams leader or captain material :laugh:

Actually the only youngster we are grooming for captaincy is Shreyas Iyer and he is not even in the squad.

20 minutes ago, maniac said:

Why not Aussies love their version of “football” Americans love the “NFL” 2 sports no one gives a fk about outside their countries.

We have a billion people. Make kabaddi the no.1 sport. Unfortunately most of the posers we have back home prefer English premier league and other bs soccer leagues that have nothing to do with India or NBA :wall:  problem is they don’t even try to get inspired and play the game like most of us have tried to give cricket a shot. 

Doesnt matter how much you invest, sport needs audience. Make kabbaddi more entertaining :cheer:

Say hi too our inferiority complex and colonial sucking up mentality. :bow:

Advanced issues found

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Actually, the only youngster we are grooming for captaincy is Shreyas Iyer and he is not even in the squad.

His face looks like he may start crying anytime. Like KL Rahul, S Iyer does not inspire confidence. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie_ said:

His face looks like he may start crying anytime. Like KL Rahul, S Iyer does not inspire confidence. 

He doesn’t but I am talking about identifying a player as a potential captain like they do in Eng-Aus. He is the only youngster in India that captains at a significant level.

2 hours ago, vijay50 said:

Rahul is not good enough . He is dot ball king that puts pressure on players around him and have to be dropped. We have to get another left hand batsmen in top 6 along with Pant.

Rahul is not able to build an innings while also forcing the initiative not everyone is  Rohit/Kohli or Dhawan and they also can't do it in all conditions, and Kohli cant now. Rahul is essential as a no 4. But Gill/Shaw/Mayank are the future definites.

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Unfortunately most of the posers we have back home prefer English premier league and other bs soccer leagues that have nothing to do with India or NBA :wall:  problem is they don’t even try to get inspired and play the game like most of us have tried to give cricket a shot. 

i can't stand those posers too, some of them will act very animated and passionate about some *ing club with some difficult sounding european name struggle to pronounce and fight each other over clubs. 

May be give a younger player like Shaw/Gill/Pant the captaincy based on their performance after 1 year.Even Bumrah is fine.Pant being a WK if he does well for a year would be a good choice.

Pick a guy who is not jealous & insecure of others success & doesn't buckle under pressure.That means old experienced player nexus will break down.

Making Rohit captain will be useless since he will be 36 at next WC.His form will most likely take a hit at that time.

9 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Match was lost at 24/4 and three of them top order batsmen, not middle order.

7 hours ago, maniac said:

He doesn’t but I am talking about identifying a player as a potential captain like they do in Eng-Aus. He is the only youngster in India that captains at a significant level.

Shaw is captaincy material 

5 minutes ago, mani sha said:

Shaw is captaincy material 

Did he captain at any senior level? I am saying Iyer because he has captained an IPL side. Only young guy given the responsibility and also A team’s. I am sure Shaw will be good as well as the u-19 winning captain.

Edited by maniac

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pant 5, Pandya 7. Find #4 and #6 first. Lack of an established bat at 4 has cost us this WC.

Dhongi should've come at 4, clearly we could've stop the rot if someone put their hands up but alas he's a fair weather behti ganga me hath dhone wala c**** :whack3:

Edited by R!TTER

I had been one of DK Backers.. he failed big time... should not even be near the T20 squad. Doesn't matter if it is different format .. players need to own up responsibilities..

Dhoni, jadhav to also be compulsorily retired.

Considering next WC is in India,  I would phase out Bhuvi and chahal as well.

Plan for phasing out rohit and dhawan. Play them only in alternate series.

Get Gill, mayank, shreyas and shaw asap into ODi fold.

Ask KL rahul to mould as the next Jason Roy. Give Him confidence to come out of the shell.

Only kohli, bumrah to be certainties next WC. Rohit health permitting can be retained but need to plan for alternatives. Expect rohit to lose form next year like yuvi.

Washington sundar,Deepak chahar, Jadeja and shreyas iyer to be blooded as bowling all rounders.

Conduct mandatory batting workshops for a month/two every year for all bowlers. 

Make sure number 5 and 7 batsmen could bowl.

49 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Dhongi should've come at 4, clearly we could've stop the rot if someone put their hands up but alas he's a fair weather behti ganga me hath dhone wala c**** :whack3:

Pant's inexperience and eagerness to play big shots showed up.

10 hours ago, maniac said:

Actually the only youngster we are grooming for captaincy is Shreyas Iyer and he is not even in the squad.

Pandya may not but his bowling is about thinking as a batsmen and where they are looking to score runs. He definitely needs to be in the leadership committee. Definitely captain or atleast vice-captain material. I think his role will become more of a batsman who can bowl a bit. His frame is not gonna last long with his bowling intensity. Although he would be fun if he comes out to toss and bring his carribean flavor :laugh:

Shaw,Gill,Mayank & all other batsmen should start practicing bowling part time from now on.Even a Grant Elliott/Paul Collingwood/Root/Williamson like bowling would help the team a lot.The deadweights got into the team since none of the top order batsmen can bowl at all.

2 hours ago, R!TTER said:

What were Rat and his bewda team management was doing. Dhoni is also to be blamed for not putting his hand up but TM needs to be blamed more especially Kohli.

Edited by Real McCoy

We fans need to change some of our habits too. There is an unhealthy obsession with innocuous stats like fastest to 8000(where Amla failed to equal Kohli), most double hundreds, most centuries, fastest to 20000(Lara was on TV doing analysis when this stat was displayed, he seemed clueless about it).

Kohli must consider batting at 4 for a while and letting some of the others have the limelight. Personally I don't care if he scores 10 centuries less because of this, we must end up with a gun batting line up before the next big tournament comes around. Rahul is copping a great deal of criticism and deservedly so but one must remember that he has only played 25 odd ODIs in a span of 3-4 years. I would back him to come good eventually. Pant,Gill and Shaw are also ones to look out for. Navdeep Saini and Rahul Chahar are the new bowlers I would currently back.

15 hours ago, maniac said:

have a very bad feeling .. he might go manish pandeys way .. not good enough

his batting style reminds me of how i balance myself when coming down the stairs when i am totally drunk :lol: 

16 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I don't think cricket in India will die in the next 10 years. But agree with you on the interest the brand creates. Aus during the 90s and 00s had a good talent pool of players where the A team can challenge the main squad in first class and List A matches. Imagine Matthew Hayden and Justin Langer being a backup to Mark Taylor and Michael Slater and Damien Martyn for Mark Waugh.

Need to develop more competition among spots in the national team. So a guy like Pant or Kuldeep getting a kick on the backside when they relax or don't perform under pressure. Players like DK, Rahul, Shankar wouldn't have survived or if they did survive, they would be better players instead of their current form.

This is not 90's now ....As soon as India starts doing well in other sports people will look elsewhere.Too much of Cricket is being played now a days and it's sorta boring now a days .At the end of the day its about entertainment and personally I don't follow cricket much now a days and  .I don't find cricket entertaining that much compared to other sports using less time .

Edited by Stuge

2023 is our world cup without a doubt. Not all players lose reflexes, I don't think it will happen to likes of Rohit and Gabbar. We must make spinning and slow pitches, bat deep this is the strategy to win it. We can chase anything or score big and our bowlers will keep it economical. We must be aggressive with the batting and attack through out. No more mental midgets in this team except Kohli but he's obviously guaranteed to play. 5 guj lions.

Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Iyer, Pant, Pandya, Dhoni (captain and keeper), Jaddu, Axar, Krunal, Bumrah

I think Dhoni may play this one as he has the knowledge of 2011 so I am including him, ye baat humare haath mai nai hai. Include Deepak Chahar for trundler variation if needed.

Edited by ViruDilSeKhelo

27 minutes ago, Stuge said:

This is not 90's now ....As soon as India starts doing well in other sports people will look elsewhere.Too much of Cricket is being played now a days and it's sorta boring now a days .At the end of the day its about entertainment and personally I don't follow cricket much now a days and  .I don't find cricket entertaining that much compared to other sports using less time .

True to some extent. I now find sports such as football and tennis to be much more entertaining than cricket. One reason is as you mentioned less time invested and more entertainment. A football game doesnt go more than 2 hrs including the break. Tennis is also similar. Most kids these days find T20 more entertaining which takes 3-4 hrs.

PS - I'm not gonna watch if the same shitshow continues. Can't wait for the next generation of players to take over and make this game interesting. JAMODIs suck. Maybe we can revive trination tournaments but BCCI will focus on monetary considerations

Edited by Real McCoy

18 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Recommendations for moving forward from this defeat

1. Remove deadweight from the team such as Shastri and his coaching buddies - Shastri should be fired and jailed for that England comment before the semifinals. Would have fired up the kiwis if they weren't motivated already. No one makes a comment like that when they are in any professional capacity. And coaches are supposed to be working in the background not showboating like Shastri and him drinking beer outside the bus in the Aus tour. Get some coach like Stephen Fleming. We lost a good coach in Kumble due to Kohli

2. Remove oldies like Dhoni. Anyone who is too old should not play. Need to focus on how old a player is at the next world cup. Usually, the players reflexes slow down after 35. So might have to evaluate 35+ players on an yearly basis. Ask older players (no matter how good they used to be) to retire or get dropped if they show signs of poor reflexes

3. Kohli need to be stripped of the captaincy. Rohit should be given captaincy pronto and should lead in the next world cup. The captain should not interfere in selection of coaches or players and needs to be encouraged to work with whoever is chosen

3. Don't select known chokers like DK, Rahul. I don't care how talented a player is but if you're no good under pressure, you might as well not play. This has to be the job of the selectors

4. Always focus on younger and talented individuals rather than players like Jadhav and Shankar

5. Remove the current group of selectors and install strong visionaries like Ganguly, Dravid, Sachin, VVS in leadership positions like how England after the 2015 debacle sought the help of Andrew Strauss

What was the comment that Shastri made? I'm curious. 

15 hours ago, Vilander said:

Rahul is not able to build an innings while also forcing the initiative not everyone is  Rohit/Kohli or Dhawan and they also can't do it in all conditions, and Kohli cant now. Rahul is essential as a no 4. But Gill/Shaw/Mayank are the future definites.

KL is done , hes mentally weak ..no point wasting time on him . Agarwal is going to disappoint a lot of people here , hes just alright , yes hes in the form of his life and imo he should have been drafted in 2 years back and even hes not a middle order bat . 

Gill/Shaw have to play now . 

Edited by jusarrived

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Match was lost at 24/4 and three of them top order batsmen, not middle order.

I have repeated for last few years , our top order is only good for scoring soft runs at a snails pace and this was going to cost us .

I will not criticise Rohit for the amount of runs he had scored , but you cannot be a great if you dont step up for big matches ..and in case of our top order , even if Dhawan was around this was on expected lines . Virat was the biggest disappointment .

12 minutes ago, Unstable Joe said:

What was the comment that Shastri made? I'm curious. 

India are yet unfinished with the job of making the final of the ICC World Cup 2019 as their semi-final clash with New Zealand was interrupted by rain. But head coach Ravi Shastri already has some thoughts in store for the title clash. The former all-rounder, who was a member of the Indian squad that had won the 1983 World Cup also in England, hoped god will be on their side given they meet England in the final at Lord’s on Sunday (July 14).

lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=41

According to the 57-year-old, the divine force was sitting in England dressing room during their league match at Edgbaston on June 30 but felt it will choose to bless India in the next meeting. India conceded 337 runs to the hosts and then scored 306 to lose by 31 runs. That was the only game that the Men in Blue have lost in this World Cup.

https://www.crictracker.com/god-will-be-in-india-dressing-room-if-we-play-england-in-final-feels-ravi-shastri/

1 hour ago, shychipmunk said:

My team for next world cup

Mayank Agarwal
Prithvi Shaw
KL Rahul
Shreyas Iyer (C) 
Shubham Gill
Hardik Pandya
Rishabh Pant (WK) 
Kuldeep Yadav
Navdeep Saini
K Nagarkoti
Jasprit Bumrah

12th man : Shreyas Gopal

Coach : Tom Moody

We can have Rohit as captain in the middle order. Excellent  except I'd swap Gopal and Kuldeep. The former is a very good batsman and you don't need to have really good spinners these days in ODIs. Nagarkoti is a good hitter and we can use him like Archer for the next world cup. Shivam Dube should also be in the squad as a ready replacement of Pandya. Finally, why Rahul, the choker? All in all -

Mayank

Shaw

Iyer

Rohit (c)

Gill

Pant (k)

Pandya

Gopal

Nagarkoti

Saini

Bumrah

Reserves - Rituraj, Dube, Kuldeep, Prasidh/Khaleel