Did India miss Ambati Rayudu in the middle order in the game vs NZ

This is not a troll thread and I am just thinking... I am not a fan of Rayudu but I think in situations like India faced vs NZ, he would have been very handy in holding up one end and taking the game deeper. If India reached to something like 140 odd in 35 overs with Pandya and Pant still not out, we would have got a fair shot at chasing the target of 240 with some support from Jadeja like he batted yesterday.

Did team India blunder in not recalling Rayudu at least when Vijay Sankar was injured. I have no doubt in my mind that he would have at least done a better job than Dinesh Kartick. 

Just now, The Realist said:

Absolutely.

A middle order of Rayudu, Rahane & Pandey would have provided the both the solidity and aggression so sorely missed. 

You may be joking but any of the three mentioned would have been good in middle order for yesterday's match when the target is not high but consolidation is required in middle overs.

I am not saying about other two as they are not in radar. Neither I am saying they will be good in a high scoring encounter. But for a low scoring match, all three of them can be quite useful.  

29 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Absolutely.

A middle order of Rayudu, Rahane & Pandey would have provided the both the solidity and aggression so sorely missed. 

I would have laughing at these names at the beginning of the tournament, but honestly feel these would have been a better 4,5,6 than Pant, DK, Dhoni, particularly given Pandey's IPL form.

Of course one wicketkeeper would play, so Rayudu, Pandey, and a wicketkeeper..

Rayudu should have never been in contention at first place, we missed the boat even before rayudu to be fair, we had ample time to groom a youngster,  but instead we played musical chair at #4 with iyer, pandey, raydu and god knows what not before pushing rishabh pant into the water and asking him to learn to swim.

Edited by Sean Bradley