Do you believe Dhoni would have turned it around , but for the unfortunate runout?

And let me tell you, if not for that unfortunate run-out, I think he had his calculations going inside his head. Which ball to hit, how much to keep for [Jimmy] Neesham's last over. You could see his brain was ticking. He wanted to do it so desperately and it was clear on his face when he came back to the dressing room."

A lot on SM, and even the  naraaz phupha bewada believe that Dhoni would have hit 20 runs in 6 balls in the last over.

Damn him.

Edited by coffee_rules
8 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

From 42 off 4 overs to he dragged it to that..As I already have said in other thread, Neesham is clever bowler, he bowls cutter better, Dhongi couldn't even hit Madziva in 2016. He could not have made 25 off 10.

Exactly, that over of Matt Henry , wherein Dhoni scored feeble singles and left it to Jadeja to hit was the turning point. 

Edited by SK_IH
Just now, Suhaan said:

Dhoni was always over rated ,never one good intl t20 innings from him 

He actually has had a couple of good t20 innings. His best one was in 2007 t20 sf against Australia where he started cow lashing from ball one and made 36(18) I believe. We have never seen that Dhoni again and it’s been what 12 years?

Yes he would have turned around after completing the second run , taken guard , proceeding to either tuk tuk or  refusing singles of the next 9 balls and hit a last ball six . And his asslickers would have justified it by saying he tried till the last ball.   :whack:

I repeat , there was no way we would have won after Jaddu got out. An outside chance would have been if De Grandhomme bowled the last over spraying it on length every ball.  :giggle:

32 minutes ago, beetle said:

When Pant was batting we required less than 6 per over.

Why did it reach over 15 when dhoni was batting?

This man wants to be sone last ball hero all the time. His six matters more than a team India win.

Just to comment on Dhoni's style of play and I am not his supporter. But I don't think he is selfish. His batting standard was just poor and has dropped to tatters year after year. I think the guy's game has dropped and he is/was no where near what he used to be as a player around 2011. He was riding on few cameos which media made it look like "cometh the hour cometh the man" and thats why he kept on getting chances and everyone including Kohli/Shastri kept picking him based on little hype out of this once in blue moon innings and his exaggerated average.

I don't think Dhoni is selfish. He just doesn't get how to bat and was just hell bent on using same method to take it to last over and try to win for India, which he probably did just few times in 100 games. 

Not selfish, just rigid who never realized that his game is causing India defeats, and hence without that realization, he never changed his style of play.