Jump to content
coffee_rules

Do you believe Dhoni would have turned it around , but for the unfortunate runout?

Recommended Posts

Quote

And let me tell you, if not for that unfortunate run-out, I think he had his calculations going inside his head. Which ball to hit, how much to keep for [Jimmy] Neesham's last over. You could see his brain was ticking. He wanted to do it so desperately and it was clear on his face when he came back to the dressing room."

A lot on SM, and even the  naraaz phupha bewada believe that Dhoni would have hit 20 runs in 6 balls in the last over.

 

Damn him.

 

 

 

Edited by coffee_rules

Share this post


Link to post

No. I love him but he's not capable of more than 12 in final over anymore. He should have attacked earlier, we had lost anyway due to 5-3. I feel sad for him,  he tried his best as he could. 

Edited by ViruDilSeKhelo

Share this post


Link to post

Cricket is such that if he was not runout, he could have held out on the next ball. But will play along by stating that Dhoni would have hit 3-4 6s in a row to win Ind the game :p:

 

<it cannot be verified either way>

Share this post


Link to post

I dont get what was "Unfortunate" in the run out. Run outs are a way to dismiss a batsman in cricket. Nothing unfortunate about it.

 

Thing is why were we compelled to seek a second run when there was none and the fielder was one of the best in the world ? 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

From 42 off 4 overs to he dragged it to that..As I already have said in other thread, Neesham is clever bowler, he bowls cutter better, Dhongi couldn't even hit Madziva in 2016. He could not have made 25 off 10.

Exactly, that over of Matt Henry , wherein Dhoni scored feeble singles and left it to Jadeja to hit was the turning point. 

Edited by SK_IH

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Suhaan said:

Dhoni was always over rated ,never one good intl t20 innings from him 

He actually has had a couple of good t20 innings. His best one was in 2007 t20 sf against Australia where he started cow lashing from ball one and made 36(18) I believe. We have never seen that Dhoni again and it’s been what 12 years?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, beetle said:

When Pant was batting we required less than 6 per over.

Why did it reach over 15 when dhoni was batting?

 

This man wants to be sone last ball hero all the time. His six matters more than a team India win.

And that was with Jadeja batting over 120 s/r

Share this post


Link to post

Yes he would have turned around after completing the second run , taken guard , proceeding to either tuk tuk or  refusing singles of the next 9 balls and hit a last ball six . And his asslickers would have justified it by saying he tried till the last ball.   :whack:

 

I repeat , there was no way we would have won after Jaddu got out. An outside chance would have been if De Grandhomme bowled the last over spraying it on length every ball.  :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, beetle said:

When Pant was batting we required less than 6 per over.

Why did it reach over 15 when dhoni was batting?

 

This man wants to be sone last ball hero all the time. His six matters more than a team India win.

Just to comment on Dhoni's style of play and I am not his supporter. But I don't think he is selfish. His batting standard was just poor and has dropped to tatters year after year. I think the guy's game has dropped and he is/was no where near what he used to be as a player around 2011. He was riding on few cameos which media made it look like "cometh the hour cometh the man" and thats why he kept on getting chances and everyone including Kohli/Shastri kept picking him based on little hype out of this once in blue moon innings and his exaggerated average.

 

I don't think Dhoni is selfish. He just doesn't get how to bat and was just hell bent on using same method to take it to last over and try to win for India, which he probably did just few times in 100 games. 

 

Not selfish, just rigid who never realized that his game is causing India defeats, and hence without that realization, he never changed his style of play. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Just to comment on Dhoni's style of play and I am not his supporter. But I don't think he is selfish. His batting standard was just poor and has dropped to tatters year after year. I think the guy's game has dropped and he is/was no where near what he used to be as a player around 2011. He was riding on few cameos which media made it look like "cometh the hour cometh the man" and thats why he kept on getting chances and everyone including Kohli/Shastri kept picking him based on little hype out of this once in blue moon innings and his exaggerated average.

 

I don't think Dhoni is selfish. He just doesn't get how to bat and was just hell bent on using same method to take it to last over and try to win for India, which he probably did just few times in 100 games. 

 

Not selfish, just rigid who never realized that his game is causing India defeats, and hence without that realization, he never changed his style of play. 

Therein lies the role of captain. He has allowed Dhoni to continue doing his chewtiyapa with complete impunity.

Share this post


Link to post

Can't say for sure but we had a chance. Dhoni had played lots of match losing innings and he should have retired a couple of years ago. But his innings against NZ wasn't as harmful to the team as it's being made out to be.

 

Share this post


Link to post

 

4 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Can't say for sure but we had a chance. Dhoni had played lots of match losing innings and he should have retired a couple of years ago. But his innings against NZ wasn't as harmful to the team as it's being made out to be.

 

Agree...but neither was it beneficial to the team as it's made out to be.

Share this post


Link to post

India was chasing 250 odd in the T-20 game against west indies in America. India just required 7 or 8 runs in the last over with bravo bowling the last over. Dhongi along with that hack KL rahul could not even score those 7 or 8 runs against west indies in the last over. Kl rahul was well set batting on 100+.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

He actually has had a couple of good t20 innings. His best one was in 2007 t20 sf against Australia where he started cow lashing from ball one and made 36(18) I believe. We have never seen that Dhoni again and it’s been what 12 years?

    In  a careeer of 15 years of T20 you could find 1 innings of 36 ????  Itna to jaddu bhi kiya hai !

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, prudent_kreeda said:

    In  a careeer of 15 years of T20 you could find 1 innings of 36 ????  Itna to jaddu bhi kiya hai !

And hence I always said he is one of the worst intl t20 batsmen to play.... cricket...

sad he has played the most t20s for us as well :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post

Never say never but I didn't think so. In match predictor mode, I would say there was 10% chance of an Indian win and 90% chance of NZ win. Dhoni left it until too late. When there were still 5-6 overs left and Jaddu was still around, he should have attacked a bit and tried for a few boundaries. There was no need to play a pre-meditated lofted shot or a cross batted slog but there was also no need to play pre-meditated defensive shots to all deliveries either. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...