Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tendulkar1996

Building a proper team 2023 - A template

Recommended Posts

As far as i see it this is what are requirements

 

BASIC REQUIREMENTS -

5 proper batsmen

1 proper allrounder

1 wktkeeper batsman

3 strike bowlers

1 bowler who can bat

 

Backup opener

Backup mid order bat

Backup wktkeeper

Backup pacer

Backup spinner

 

 

SUB-CATEGORIES -

Top 3 must be players who can play throughout innings.

One of top 3 must be an enforcer like sehwag,warner,gilchrist,roy or dhawan.

The middle order batsmen must have low dot ball percentage.If they cant rotate strike they cant play middle order.

All world cups in this millenium have been won by teams with the best batting strike rate.So ban all batsmen with less than 85 strike rate.

1 of the 5 core batsmen must double up as 6th bowler,preferably 2.Spinner is preferable as we have pandya.

2 out of 5,6,7 must have good power hitting ability.

Optional - Need 1-2 left handers in middle order.

 

 

Now lets see what are our reserves -

 

Openers - Rohit will probably survive

Mayank,Shaw and Rahul are his partners - leaning towards shaw.So we have good depth here though i distrust rahul and he should be last option.

 

Kohli is fixed at 3.

 

Number 4 -Shubman gill is best option.Iyer 2nd option.Mayank is another option.

Number 5 - Vihari because he can bowl.Need more options here.

Number 6 - Pant .Kishan reserve.Can be sent at 5 for acceleration.

Number 7 - Pandya.Can be replaced by a spinning allrounder if injured.

Number 8 - Jadeja/krunal pandya.Spin will be major factor  and we need a good bat at 8.

Number 9 - Strike spinner will be Kuldeep or chahal.To play both we will have to weaken batting.Reserve shreyas gopal and rahul chahar.

Number 10 - Bumrah

Number 11- Shami?Bhuvi?Sain?Need a good strike bowler that can be accurate in the opening PP and bowl at the death.And a reserve pacer too.

 

Big concern areas for me -

Form of rohit.

Can vihari make no.5 his own.

Pros and cons of playing 1 strike spinner vs 2.

Need for shami/bhuvi replacement.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Shaw is too talented to not be given a proper long run as an opener for India in all the formats. Same for Shubman at 4. 

 

Shaw, the moment he is fit, needs to play.

 

In terms of bowling, a lot went write for our seamers, but our spinners performance will be questioned. Next World Cup is in India, so need to have the best of the best. Players from all over the world now play in India regularly and are getting used to facing spin bowling with ease. So it's high time we have the best of the best ready, and not settle with any mediocre spinners thinking they will do well in India.

 

Kishan also needs to play regularly for India A so it can push Pant to do better, as we need healthy competition for all the batting slots. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I want top 6 to have at least 2-3 international ODi hundreds, (80s,90s will do as well) and number 7 to have more than 5-6 50s when the team is selected .

 

No player with less than 25 odi to be selected for WC unless they have groundbreaking talent or mystery.

 

Get at least 3 left handers into team and make sure bowlers know how to hold a bat..

Share this post


Link to post

2023 WC will be held in India between Feb-March.Pitches will mostly be batting friendly.Aggressive batsmen & wicket taking bowlers who have variations should be priority

Right now the focus should be on next T20 WC & Test Championship.Separate T20 & test teams.Focus on about ODI WC from 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/12/2019 at 6:52 PM, Tendulkar1996 said:

1 bowler who can bat

Correction one batsman who can bowl well to give 5 overs atleast if needed 

On 7/12/2019 at 6:52 PM, Tendulkar1996 said:

Number 8 - Jadeja/krunal pandya.Spin will be major factor  and we need a good bat at 8.

Krunal cannot play as main spinner 

No.8 shud be a bowler who can bat So we have to look at rahul chahar, gopal ...........cant make bowling light to have batting till 8 

On 7/12/2019 at 6:52 PM, Tendulkar1996 said:

Number 11- Shami?Bhuvi?Sain?Need a good strike bowler that can be accurate in the opening PP and bowl at the death.And a reserve pacer too.

Shami wont be their till 2023 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, Cricketics said:

Shaw is too talented to not be given a proper long run as an opener for India in all the formats. Same for Shubman at 4. 

 

Shaw, the moment he is fit, needs to play.

 

In terms of bowling, a lot went write for our seamers, but our spinners performance will be questioned. Next World Cup is in India, so need to have the best of the best. Players from all over the world now play in India regularly and are getting used to facing spin bowling with ease. So it's high time we have the best of the best ready, and not settle with any mediocre spinners thinking they will do well in India.

 

Kishan also needs to play regularly for India A so it can push Pant to do better, as we need healthy competition for all the batting slots. 

 

 

      A bit of keeping effort , Samson would be better bet than kishan .

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...