Steve Waugh hits the nail on it's head.

22 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

So a past his expiry date middle order wicketkeeper batmen, with young fresh talent who lack experience in the middle order is a great team to win the World Cup? You knew damn well your only hope was with Rohit and Kohli. In this day an age teams are easily exposed by other teams watching clips. There is no way your team was gonna win this thing with only two batsmen. 

Lol I like how you bring up 1992 World Cup. A lot has changed buddy. Just face the facts and move on. Your team was not good enough.

And even with that "past his expiry date wicket keeper"  and even while having "only two batsmen"  , we topped the table winning more games than any other team. And that too after allegedly "throwing away" the game against England. :flute:

If that doesn't shout out deserving winners (if we'd have won) , then I don't know what would. :dontknow: 

At the same time , I can't really blame you for this bias against India but atleast don't make it seem apparent. 

9 minutes ago, Norman said:

And even with that "past his expiry date wicket keeper"  and even while having "only two batsmen"  , we topped the table winning more games than any other team. And that too after allegedly "throwing away" the game against England. :flute:

If that doesn't shout out deserving winners (if we'd have won) , then I don't know what would. :dontknow: 

At the same time , I can't really blame you for this bias against India but atleast don't make it seem apparent. 

Not really your middle order was not exposed much in the group stages besides against England. Rohit had to hit centuries and Kohli had to score his 50s to keep you in. With great bowling performance from Bumrah and Shami. You guys nearly lost to Afganistan. Dhawan’s injury did not help your case either. For majority of the tournament your team too was overachieving. In the knockout stages its more difficult to hide your weakness. That is where teams change there tempo. They come harder for the win. Rohit was bound to get a game where he fails to score, alongside Kohli. In hindsight your team lost when those two got out cheaply. In the last match it proved that. Your team cannot chase a 240 total without Kohli and Rohit. And you come here to say just cause you topped the group stages you deserved to win? Thats very laughable to me.

This is not being biased its a observation that you even know but just cause its coming from your neighbor your taking it as bias. 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

I am surprised at the difference in opinions about Dhoni on ICF and in other areas of life.

Even all the sensible Dhoni fans on ICF acknowledge that he needs to retire now and is well past his best.

Whereas the casual cricket followers seem to have a very different opinion.  (  Although I have met a few people who make fun of his low strike rates and too many dot balls  )

No one wants to have a rational discussion. you have two extreme opinions. 

17 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Not really your middle order was not exposed much in the group stages besides against England. Rohit had to hit centuries and Kohli had to score his 50s to keep you in. With great bowling performance from Bumrah and Shami. You guys nearly lost to Afganistan. Dhawan’s injury did not help your case either. For majority of the tournament your team too was overachieving. In the knockout stages its more difficult to hide your weakness. That is where teams change there tempo. They come harder for the win. Rohit was bound to get a game where he fails to score, alongside Kohli. In hindsight your team lost when those two got out cheaply. In the last match it proved that. Your team cannot chase a 240 total without Kohli and Rohit. And you come here to say just cause you topped the group stages you deserved to win? Thats very laughable to me.

This is not being biased its a observation that you even know but just cause its coming from your neighbor your taking it as bias. 

All those ifs, buts , hindsights , bound to etc matter rat **** in practical world. Come out of your bias (I know you won't) and accept it. India were the best team of the tournament until the Semi and if we had won , it's because we fully deserve it.

Anyways, your logic is flawed to the core. It's like saying Australia did not deserve to win the 2007 world cup just because they were over dependent on  Hayden and Gilchrist (who btw scored most of the Aussie runs that WC). If this sounded stupid , then you too are right now. 

1 minute ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

I will always respect the aussies for making the tough decisions. They dropped Steve Waugh who captained the 1999 wc and was a legend, before the 2003 cup. Can’t believe BCCI would do the same thing. Kohli has no guts either.

Semi final you needed a Rahane kind of batsman. During league matches we had 4-5 low scoring games and it was more than evident we needed a solid no 4. Look at how most will jump as soon as you mention rahane in ODIs team. With pant and pandya in XI we could definitely afford a rahane in place of DK.

2 hours ago, IndianRenegade said:

Agreed.

just my opinion on why they aren’t doing it is, because anyone whose opinion has any weight were hero’s themselves who didn’t recognize their sell by date, hung around too long & either had to slowly sidelined or forced out. They empathize with what’s happening with the current heros.

The current hero’s are firmly in control at BCCI, why loose on the gravy train by trying to be too honest?

Not only do they empathize, they perhaps realize that they have no credibility in this matter and would rather not step in it. 

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

All those ifs, buts , hindsights , bound to etc matter rat **** in practical world. Come out of your bias (I know you won't) and accept it. India were the best team of the tournament until the Semi and if we had won , it's because we fully deserve it.

Anyways, your logic is flawed to the core. It's like saying Australia did not deserve to win the 2007 world cup just because they were over dependent on  Hayden and Gilchrist (who btw scored most of the Aussie runs that WC). If this sounded stupid , then you too are right now. 

Lol I find it funny how you make fun of my ifs and buts when you yourself use a if when you said “if we had won”. Of course you would deserve it if you had won. But not every team was gonna let you win by allowing your only two batsmen to score runs. There was bound to be a game where your top order flops. Which happen during the New Zealand game. Nothing “ifs” or “buts” about that. 

Oh yes my logic is flawed cause I said a well known fact about your team. And yes I was gonna laugh at you when you compared your current team to this Australian team:

3AFBB108-A671-4830-AD5A-8D33608A282D.thumb.jpeg.b5045b52a6d10fc32cbf98c7b647ebb4.jpeg

Clearly no one other than Gilchrist and Hayden can bat in that team. :giggle:

18 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

No one wants to have a rational discussion. you have two extreme opinions. 

Lots of sensible posters on ICF agreed (  say around 3 months before the World Cup )  that although they thought that Dhoni is done and dusted in international cricket, the time to groom a new keeper batsman was gone and he should play the WC.  That seems like a rational viewpoint to me.

Playing him in the WC is one thing  ... but effusively praising him, even when he is playing super slowly, is something that is grossly OTT.

31 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Semi final you needed a Rahane kind of batsman. During league matches we had 4-5 low scoring games and it was more than evident we needed a solid no 4. Look at how most will jump as soon as you mention rahane in ODIs team. With pant and pandya in XI we could definitely afford a rahane in place of DK.

I was always in favour of manish pandey ever since he won india the game in australia in 2016. The guy is a gutsy player, was wrongly played in t20s and not given a fair run. He would have been good in a small run chase. Rahane is quality but prone to failure when the pressure is on.

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Lots of sensible posters on ICF agreed (  say around 3 months before the World Cup )  that although they thought that Dhoni is done and dusted in international cricket, the time to groom a new keeper batsman was gone and he should play the WC.  That seems like a rational viewpoint to me.

Playing him in the WC is one thing  ... but effusively praising him, even when he is playing super slowly, is something that is grossly OTT.

Very well put. That Dhoni was more or less done was evident in CT itself. Ideally grooming should have started back then but we didn't leave much of a choice when we persisted with him. Dhoni today had to be viewed as an exceptional no 8 batsman, guy no 5,6 or 7 can rely on not getting out but won't win you match. 

4 minutes ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

I was always in favour of manish pandey ever since he won india the game in australia in 2016. The guy is a gutsy player, was wrongly played in t20s and not given a fair run. He would have been good in a small run chase. Rahane is quality but prone to failure when the pressure is on.

Actually Sunny for a long time has been questioning Pandeys exclusion and how unfair selectors have been. 

2 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Actually Sunny for a long time has been questioning Pandeys exclusion and how unfair selectors have been. 

Absolutely. He finished the 5th odi in australia in 2016 when we were losing 4-0 and the previous game we failed to close from an easy position. It was clear he had guts and determination, decent technique but fight. Top fielder as well. But then wrongly added to t20s and miscast.

our selectors are terrible and had pandey been backed for even 2 years im sure he would have got results. 

29 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Lol I find it funny how you make fun of my ifs and buts when you yourself use a if when you said “if we had won”. Of course you would deserve it if you had won. But not every team was gonna let you win by allowing your only two batsmen to score runs. There was bound to be a game where your top order flops. Which happen during the New Zealand game. Nothing “ifs” or “buts” about that. 

Oh yes my logic is flawed cause I said a well known fact about your team. And yes I was gonna laugh at you when you compared your current team to this Australian team:

3AFBB108-A671-4830-AD5A-8D33608A282D.thumb.jpeg.b5045b52a6d10fc32cbf98c7b647ebb4.jpeg

So when are you bringing akmal brothers back in playing XI

Just now, jf1gp_1 said:

So when are you bringing akmal brothers back in playing XI

Probably never. Although both are trying hard to get in the team by posting there gym videos. Than again these are Pakistani selectors anything could happen.

28 minutes ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

+1. How many players from the current squad have scored a century in Australia? Even **** Karthik was able to make into the WC squad but not Pandey. 

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

Okay either you're deliberately ignoring my point or it went over your head. 

Just tell me ... If India didn't deserve winning this WC , who did ? 

England ? A team which lost to bottom half teams like Pak, SL and thrashed by Aus ? No bowler barring Archer is any good. 

Australia ? Who lost to an uninterested South Africa  and lost to India as well. 

New Zealand ? Your own countrymen were crying  when they made the SF saying they don't deserve to be here.  :giggle:

If any team deserved it more than anyone else after the league stage , it's India. That's why everyone (indians) are saying we've underachieved and are gutted about the TM. Remove your green tinted glasses for once. 

Edited by Norman