Sign in to follow this  
express bowling

Next time a cricket expert praises Dhoni when he fails ......

Just now, Shaz1 said:

He failed after his 50 did he not?

This innings of 50 should be broken into 2 parts 

The first part ... when he stabilized a faltering innings after the loss of 5 wickets ... was good 

The 2nd part  ... when the innings was stabilized and we needed 9 runs an over ... Dhoni played too slowly and he failed in the 2nd part.

If I were a cricket expert ... I would praise the first part of his innings and criticise the 2nd part.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

This innings of 50 should be broken into 2 parts 

The first part ... when he stabilized a faltering innings after the loss of 5 wickets ... was good 

The 2nd part  ... when the innings was stabilized and we needed 9 runs an over ... Dhoni played too slowly and he failed in the 2nd part.

If I were a cricket expert ... I would praise the first part of his innings and criticise the 2nd part.

Well I did not watch his innings fully but I herd he was batting slow allowing Jadeja to go for it by your experts. Maybe his style was needed or maybe if two batsmen attacked the New Zealand bowlers from both angles they could have put more pressure on the bowlers?

15 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Well I did not watch his innings fully but I herd he was batting slow allowing Jadeja to go for it by your experts. Maybe his style was needed or maybe if two batsmen attacked the New Zealand bowlers from both angles they could have put more pressure on the bowlers?

A balance needed to be struck in the later part of his innings.  In a knockout match, if the required run rate is allowed to climb too high, the other batsman who is playing well ( in this case Jadeja ) is forced to take too many risks, and that is what happened.

Edited by express bowling

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

A balance needed to be struck at the later part of his innings.  In a knockout match, if the required run rate is allowed to climb too high, the other batsman who is playing well ( in this case Jadeja ) is forced to take too many risks, and that is what happened.

Yeah there is also a risk of taking it till the last over since there is no guarantee you will get hit able bowls. So there is a chance the Dhoni style of batting would not help much either. Great finisher of his time. Unfortunately for him the game has evolved.

18 minutes ago, Kiraisjustice said:

Pass it on to thala, he will drink it with his biryani

Thala can afford protein shake ..

Dude it's high quality and I can make it beer flavoured of you want :giggle: