After 2 Day Cool Off I Blame Shastri For This Loss

Khota

Instaed of putting a rash post I decided to wait. The loss of this game is on Shastri and Shastri alone.

Reasons:

(1) India lost to NZ in warm ups

(2) Could not play Boult then

(3) No correction was done for the team to counter Bolt

(4) Rinse and Repeat - Same result

(5) Showed no respect to NZ

(6) Started to look aead to England game

(7) No coaching /No Leadership

(8) Coaching 101 - Respect your opponents

(9)Leech

(10) Not fit to be a coach

(11) Do you think even Zimbabwe would higher him as a coach?

17 minutes ago, Khota said:

Instaed of putting a rash post I decided to wait. The loss of this game is on Shastri and Shastri alone.

Reasons:

(1) India lost to NZ in warm ups

(2) Could not play Boult then

(3) No correction was done for the team to counter Bolt

(4) Rinse and Repeat - Same result

(5) Showed no respect to NZ

(6) Started to look aead to England game

(7) No coaching /No Leadership

(8) Coaching 101 - Respect your opponents

(9)Leech

(10) Not fit to be a coach

(11) Do you think even Zimbabwe would higher him as a coach?

India didn't just lose the warm up, it was a sound thrashing. This is why when people were happy about us facing NZ instead of England, I didn't share that enthusiasm. We lost to England too, but at-least didn't get humiliated like against NZ. Yes, the final margin of defeat against NZ doesn't seem much but it is only due to Jadeja's once in a lifetime innings which came when the game had already gone away from us. What did batting coach Sanjay Bangar and bewda do as the match got moved to the next day? They had all the time in the world to strategize and practice batting. But obviously they didn't do anything purposeful otherwise we wouldn't have been 3 down for next to nothing. Shastri is only good for bragging and bluster, not much else. 

2 hours ago, nevada said:

India didn't just lose the warm up, it was a sound thrashing. This is why when people were happy about us facing NZ instead of England, I didn't share that enthusiasm. We lost to England too, but at-least didn't get humiliated like against NZ. Yes, the final margin of defeat against NZ doesn't seem much but it is only due to Jadeja's once in a lifetime innings which came when the game had already gone away from us. What did batting coach Sanjay Bangar and bewda do as the match got moved to the next day? They had all the time in the world to strategize and practice batting. But obviously they didn't do anything purposeful otherwise we wouldn't have been 3 down for next to nothing. Shastri is only good for bragging and bluster, not much else. 

It is always on coaching to correct mistakes. None of that happened.

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

Bangar the batting coach is useless. Same old age problems against swing not been addressed. Allegedly the players don't rate him & seek out others for batting advice. 

It is not really his fault but that of BCCI for selecting him. It is not surprising if the players didn't trust him much. To me, he does not seem tactically/technically sound enough (unlike some coaches were very good at it despite being so-so cricketers) nor was he a sufficiently good cricketer at the int'l level to have direct batting experience to draw upon - he has just one 50 in Tests and one in ODIs that is "memorable" to me.

Yaar ab Bangar pe please bill mat fado...

I think the biggest reason for our loss is King Kohli,

I don't remember any other captain who was as powerful as he is, in the sense that he is captaining when BCCI is very weak and he runs the show but still 

1) Backed wrong coach

2) Backed Rayudu, Kedar, Dhoni n co

3) Didn't groom anyone in middle order after champion trophy loss

4) He looks more interested in PR bazi than batting

5)

44 minutes ago, Rookie123 said:

Yaar ab Bangar pe please bill mat fado...

I think the biggest reason for our loss is King Kohli,

I don't remember any other captain who was as powerful as he is, in the sense that he is captaining when BCCI is very weak and he runs the show but still 

1) Backed wrong coach

2) Backed Rayudu, Kedar, Dhoni n co

3) Didn't groom anyone in middle order after champion trophy loss

4) He looks more interested in PR bazi than batting

5)

Did not groom middle order was also a big problem.

No fan of Bewda here. But cricket is, by and large, more dominated by the captain than by the coach (there are some exceptions of course). First, I blame selectors as well as Kohli/Bewda (because they probably have some input) for atrocious and muddled selection. Second, I blame Kohli for even failing to make the use of the 15 he was provided. So, overall - combining 1 and 2 - I'd say that Ratman is the No. 1 culprit.

Blame starts with Captain..........Coach cant do much after a point. No coach tells to get out or a player wants but its the execution. Coaching at international level is more about mental and side and few technical tweaking. U can change much of technique at this level. And fixing these problem take hell of time not 2-3 days. Kohli is to be blamed for insecure environment develop among youngsters and having a inconsistent selection policy. At one side we say shastri is a yes man on other putting all blame on him. We lost even under kumble in CT ......The problem was same Kohli the Captain.

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Blame starts with Captain..........Coach cant do much after a point. No coach tells to get out or a player wants but its the execution. Coaching at international level is more about mental and side and few technical tweaking. U can change much of technique at this level. And fixing these problem take hell of time not 2-3 days. Kohli is to be blamed for insecure environment develop among youngsters and having a inconsistent selection policy. At one side we say shastri is a yes man on other putting all blame on him. We lost even under kumble in CT ......The problem was same Kohli the Captain.

All valid points.

Kohli shares the blame too but as a coach he should have fixed the problem or atleast focussed on preparing the team to just play out Boult.

Kohli is a arrogant prick. He should be stripped of captaincy in atleast two fomats.

This was India's WC to lose and they did.

47 minutes ago, Khota said:

All valid points.

Kohli shares the blame too but as a coach he should have fixed the problem or atleast focussed on preparing the team to just play out Boult.

Fixed what problem????

Problem of our players against seam n swing. Rohit has been vunerable to that for 10 yrs.....count the number coaches he played under and none cant improve. Coz such thing cant be improved after a point at this level. Thats why he has been such a fail in test cricket. Blame every coach then

Problem of Rahul- he has been struggling with his technique for 2 yrs now....he even went back to dravid. But these thing take a lot of time to change. Blame dravid to 

Problem of kohli is mental- he has such a great volume of runs overseas in test the reason he fails in knocouts is more mental.

To be honest coach cant be blamed for this, he or anyone cant help much. How many coaches will we blame. In international cricket coaching is overrated after a point. He is more of a man manager . Ppl need to understand such problem takes months and months to improve. Kohli n Rohit had same issue when they failed in CT 2017 Final coach when kumble was the coach. 

Kohli is a arrogant prick. He should be stripped of captaincy in atleast two fomats.

More the arrogance he just doesnt have the quality to captain in LOI 

This was India's WC to lose and they did.

It was a Wc for top 4 teams to win and any team can win on given day . None had a major diff among them. They all had their share of strength n weakness....none was at level of Aus or WI of past so it was never our Wc

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Fixed what problem????

Problem of our players against seam n swing. Rohit has been vunerable to that for 10 yrs.....count the number coaches he played under and none cant improve. Coz such thing cant be improved after a point at this level. Thats why he has been such a fail in test cricket. Blame every coach then

Problem of Rahul- he has been struggling with his technique for 2 yrs now....he even went back to dravid. But these thing take a lot of time to change. Blame dravid to 

Problem of kohli is mental- he has such a great volume of runs overseas in test the reason he fails in knocouts is more mental.

To be honest coach cant be blamed for this, he or anyone cant help much. How many coaches will we blame. In international cricket coaching is overrated after a point. He is more of a man manager . Ppl need to understand such problem takes months and months to improve. Kohli n Rohit had same issue when they failed in CT 2017 Final coach when kumble was the coach. 

More the arrogance he just doesnt have the quality to captain in LOI 

It was a Wc for top 4 teams to win and any team can win on given day . None had a major diff among them. They all had their share of strength n weakness....none was at level of Aus or WI of past so it was never our Wc

They could have minimized the risk against Boult. No shots, no boundaries etc. Lineuo could have Jadhav in there another true batsman.

Coach has a great role to play if is capable of coaching. Read about Belichick and see how these coaches start their day at 5 am in the morning and go to bed at midnight planning and plotting going thru details etc. Coaching has everythngto do with it.

I personally felt India was the best team in this WC and should have won it all. They just had a mismatch against Boult and could not overcome it. A very fixable problem.

Why is there no condemnation here of Tendulkar, Gangully and Laxman when  they picked Shastri when better candidates were available ?

If you look at the whole set up of Indian cricket, whether selection , coaching. Committees , just because you could play test cricket it doesn't automatically mean you are qualified to do anything else . 

22 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Why is there no condemnation here of Tendulkar, Gangully and Laxman when  they picked Shastri when better candidates were available ?

If you look at the whole set up of Indian cricket, whether selection , coaching. Committees , just because you could play test cricket it doesn't automatically mean you are qualified to do anything else . 

There is and a vocal one too. Go thru the threads and you will see remarks directed against these characters. They are responsible for putting this leech incharge and they share the blame.

I dislike Dhonis presence but he was not the root cause of the loss.

24 minutes ago, Khota said:

They could have minimized the risk against Boult. No shots, no boundaries etc. Lineuo could have Jadhav in there another true batsman.

Isnt that what is suppose to happen in test cricket yet rahul has been struggling for that in an year and rohit ever since

Remind me when jadhav has done well in such situation. Everyone was a true batsman who wud have he come in for. 

Easy to say and everyone sitting out looks good but lets not forget when they were in same situation they failed as well. Jadhav also failed in struggling situation. We have already played very cautiously ....its was just great bowling and nervous batting 

Coach has a great role to play if is capable of coaching. Read about Belichick and see how these coaches start their day at 5 am in the morning and go to bed at midnight planning and plotting going thru details etc. Coaching has everythngto do with it.

Yea as is coach in opp camp dont plan n plot at the only one wins. Both teams come up with plan.....but good planning does ensure good execution. No coach tells to get out.....neither a player wants to just a split of second misjudgment is all it takes. 

I personally felt India was the best team in this WC and should have won it all. They just had a mismatch against Boult and could not overcome it. A very fixable problem.

How did u feel that ??

When u thought we are not even playing the right team ???

Yea fixable problem doesnt mean boult is less of a bowler.....he will have his days. We play Mohd amir well on 8 out 10 days but he ll have his 2 days and those 1 one of those was CT final. Boult is a Wc class bowler and he will have his day and we have to give credit to opposition at times. Fixable doesnt mean ull score every day . These were Ideal conditions for boult...and conditions play huge role unlike other sports