Changes after World Cup : Lower your expectations.

After a disastrous World Cup 2019 (yes, it is) , fellow ICF'ers must be dreaming of some changes with infusion of young blood. A practical analysis of the current situation rules out the possibility except if the selectors show some spine which is unlikely.

1) Rohit Sharma has scored 5 centuries in World Cup and he is going nowhere. So one opening slot fixed. He wouldn't opt to rest for obvious reasons.

2) Dhawan was brilliant before he got injured and again he too is going nowhere. So another opening slot fixed.

So if there are youngsters (Shaw and Gill, Pant or even Mayank) eyeing for that opening slot they might say it goodbye for atleast 2-3 years hoping Rohit-Dhawan lose form by the time.

3) Kohli obviously will stay at this position.

So yet again the only spot available will be no 4 . :hysterical:.  Jadhav and Karthik will be dumped forever. 

4) Dhoni the leech might continue playing for a few years more not allowing no 5 to be groomed and then will retire before WC2023. If he has any shame left he should retire like now so that new players can be groomed.

So a big loss in World Cup and the only change you will see is Jadhav and Karthik dumped. Nothing else changes. 

Edited by Pollack
1 minute ago, Pollack said:

After a disastrous World Cup 2019 (yes, it is) , fellow ICF'ers must be dreaming of some changes with infusion of young blood. A practical analysis of the current situation rules out the possibility except if the selectors show some spine which is unlikely.

1) Rohit Sharma has scored 5 centuries in World Cup and he is going nowhere. So one opening slot fixed. He wouldn't opt to rest for obvious reasons.

why shud he ?? He shud be the next captain 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

why shud he ?? He shud be the next captain 

Don't see him maintaining the same steam till the next world cup. And he cannot bat anywhere except opening which blocks youngster from being developed for that position. Also I am tired of Indian brand of batting in the first 10 overs. No I don't want them to go berserk but surely Rohit and Dhawan overdo the thing on flat pitches and on pitches with juice where they actually need to do so they can't even stay for 10 minutes.

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He will be 36 in 2023. 

So....havent players played till 40. How sure are u he ll decline very badly....when he ll we ll see . I knw his fitness has gone down the drain but we need a good captain as well. What are other options for captaincy ??? kohli - na give me a non performing good captain over him .

Apart from Pandya n bumrah no one even commands a place to be a captain. Rohit atleast is a proven captaincy candidate . Also a team cant be full of only younsters it need a blend of Exp n young players

Next Wc anyways is in India .....so it shudnt be that diff for him as it wud have been had the WC been overseas

8 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Don't see him maintaining the same steam till the next world cup. And he cannot bat anywhere except opening which blocks youngster from being developed for that position. Also I am tired of Indian brand of batting in the first 10 overs. No I don't want them to go berserk but surely Rohit and Dhawan overdo the thing on flat pitches and on pitches with juice where they actually need to do so they can't even stay for 10 minutes.

Yes but a good Captain is as crucial as anything to Win a WC . 

Ok let these youngsters 1st earn a place and also let guys like dhawan n rohit atleast start to fail. Its good to look ahead but not to far ahead. M ok with rohit approach as long as he is able to cover up .....and he does it like no one. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So....havent players played till 40. How sure are u he ll decline very badly....when he ll we ll see . I knw his fitness has gone down the drain but we need a good captain as well. What are other options for captaincy ??? kohli - na give me a non performing good captain over him .

Apart from Pandya n bumrah no one even commands a place to be a captain. Rohit atleast is a proven captaincy candidate . Also a team cant be full of only younsters it need a blend of Exp n young players

Next Wc anyways is in India .....so it shudnt be that diff for him as it wud have been had the WC been overseas

Ok let these youngsters 1st earn a place and also let guys like dhawan n rohit atleast start to fail. Its good to look ahead but not to far ahead. M ok with rohit approach as long as he is able to cover up .....and he does it like no one. 

Rohit might not linger around like an old stinky fart MSD types... 

44 minutes ago, Pollack said:

2) Dhawan was brilliant before he got injured and again he too is going nowhere. So another opening slot fixed.

So if there are youngsters (Shaw and Gill, Pant or even Mayank) eyeing for that opening slot they might say it goodbye for atleast 2-3 years hoping Rohit-Dhawan lose form by the time.

3) Kohli obviously will stay at this position.

So yet again the only spot available will be no 4 . :hysterical:.  Jadhav and Karthik will be dumped forever. 

4) Dhoni the leech might continue playing for a few years more not allowing no 5 to be groomed and then will retire before WC2023. If he has any shame left he should retire like now so that new players can be groomed.

So a big loss in World Cup and the only change you will see is Jadhav and Karthik dumped. Nothing else changes. 

True, but Kohli is rested for the WI tour correct? Not sure dhawan will be fit by then,  if not we will have at least 3 changes to the batting order. Thats not a bad start, provided they don’t opt for TTF. 

Only realistic change they will make is replace DK with Shami from the SF team which lost. In that way we will have 6 bowling options.

Jaddu will we play at 7. For any change to happen we need strong selectors like Kiran More or Vengsarkar. Then we may quickly see end of Dhoni and youngsters coming in. Till then nothing will change.

Some useless runs scored by openers (Rohit in particular who received abnormally high chances too to screw Ind preparation for the knockouts) were one of the key reasons for MO remaining undercooked

Over the last few years, these guys have always opened irrespective of the opposition and series. Setting down comfortable in their role. While the youngsters and new players were treated to musical chairs, not allowed to either settle down or develop their games. We know these guys will come out a cropper on bowling friendly conditions :hitler: 

Edited by zen
2 hours ago, asterix said:

Rohit might not linger around like an old stinky fart MSD types... 

I thought the same about Dhongi as well after seeing him retire midway through the Australia tour in 2014-15. :boring:

I was sure that he was going to retire after the Wt20 2016 in India. But he had other plans to screw us now. :wall:

3 hours ago, CG said:

I think Rahul will be back at no 4 and pant at 5.If msd retires which is unlikely with t20 WC in India .

Need to find a #6 who can bowl some spin if Pandya is at 7. Thought Sundar could be one but they have completely ruined him by terming him to be a bowler who can bat while he is a batsman who can bowl. His progress as a batsman has been hindered since then. We can also try Nitish Rana. 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rohit isn't the fittest players. Kohli will remain captain.