Ben Stokes - hero of WC 2019

Had doubts about him, but match winner, world.cup.winner!!

We.keep comparing Pandya to him, I know Pandya doesn't bat as high, but Pandya got.nothing.on Stokes. You want to be considered half.decent then emulate some of the guts Stokes shows.in England colours 

Hopefully this WC 2019.puts to rest any special expectations from Pandya. 

Btw, even Hardik Pandya's.poistion in the team.is up.for debate 

2 minutes ago, zen said:

Man of the tournament in my book!

I wonder who is 1st on the ICC points system. I thought it was Shakib? I am not sure if Stokes is MoT but he was by far the best middle order batsman in the WC. His bowling was mostly invisible though.

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

What a champion performance. People should stop comparing Pandya with Stokes.

Stokes has been nurtured well by Eng, which Ind did not do with Pandya. However, I reckon that Stokes still has a much more complete game than Pandu with the bat; in ODIs, they are comparable with the ball.

7 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Stokes has been nurtured well by Eng, which Ind did not do with Pandya. However, I reckon that Stokes still has a much more complete game than Pandu with the bat; in ODIs, they are comparable with the ball.

Pandya's time will come too .... He is constantly improving, one of the reasons why I want him to play in more formats :dance: 

Edited by zen
1 minute ago, zen said:

Pandya's time will come too .... He is constantly improving, one of the reasons why I want him to play in more formats :dance: 

He has not improved that much from what I have seen. for instance, I think Stokes would have pulled Ind over the line in company of Dhongi and Jaddu, which Pandu did not do. Of course, there is some age diff and Pandu has less experience in domestics. let's see how the next few yrs go.

Just now, Vijy said:

He has not improved that much from what I have seen. for instance, I think Stokes would have pulled Ind over the line in company of Dhongi and Jaddu, which Pandu did not do. Of course, there is some age diff and Pandu has less experience in domestics. let's see how the next few yrs go.

Stokes in form, plays well under pressure, and many will pick him over any Indian player currently 

14 minutes ago, chewy said:

Had doubts about him, but match winner, world.cup.winner!!

We.keep comparing Pandya to him, I know Pandya doesn't bat as high, but Pandya got.nothing.on Stokes. You want to be considered half.decent then emulate some of the guts Stokes shows.in England colours 

Hopefully this WC 2019.puts to rest any special expectations from Pandya. 

Btw, even Hardik Pandya's.poistion in the team.is up.for debate 

I think this is second WC for Stokes and both are in different stages of their careers.

4 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Stokes could have done that because Stokes has experience of Batting in such situations. Pandya is essentially there to play some quickfire cameos. Though at 24/4, I don't think even Stokes could have done that.

Just now, rkt.india said:

Stokes could have done that because Stokes has experience of Batting in such situations. Pandya is essentially there to play some quickfire cameos. Though at 24/4, I don't think even Stokes could have done that.

I am not saying he could have solo-ed it. Would have still required the likes of Greybeard to hold an end up and someone like Jaddu to deliver the finishing blows. What I meant to say is that he could have played better than Pandu and thereby enabled us to win that SF. Anyway, it's a moot point since we can only make do with what we have.