Ben Stokes - hero of WC 2019

22 minutes ago, Pollack said:

@sandeep. :rotfl:

Stokes twice the all-rounder than Pandya. :hatsoff:

Add  Neesham too. He thinks like he is the only true patriot and sports fan. Uses words like trundlers etc for guys like Henry and thinks Bhuvi is this amazing bowler when even Henry is twice the bowler that Boobi Kumar is

1 minute ago, maniac said:

That’s because Pandya is neither a batsman or a bowler. So what about Woakes? Would you pick Pandya over him?

Pandya is nowhere stokes atm but so are 90 percent of Indian cricketers right now so why single him out ?

If we consider all 3 formats ,even rohit sharma ,dhawan (our odi greats) will fall short of stokes !

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Add  Neesham too. He thinks like he is the only true patriot and sports fan. Uses words like trundlers etc for guys like Henry and thinks Bhuvi is this amazing bowler when even Henry is twice the bowler that Boobi Kumar is

I support Pandya too. He is the best close to all-rounder we got. Stokes is more talented than Pandya. For a start, Stokes is a proper batsman. Pandya has some potential but still mostly a slogger. Though he is improving a lot.

I support Pandya too. He is the best close to all-rounder we got. Stokes is more talented than Pandya. For a start, Stokes is a proper batsman. Pandya has some potential but still mostly a slogger. Though he is improving a lot.
Stokes has his weakness against spin but he is good tough english batting all-rounder.
1 minute ago, Pollack said:

Ben Stokes has already been a man of the tournament in IPL,hit a 200 in SA etc 2 years back. We are still talking about Pandya’s potential 3-4 years since his debut and playing in all formats 

1 minute ago, CG said:
3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Stokes has his weakness against spin but he is good tough english batting all-rounder.

Has a  test 100 in subcontinent vs Ash-Jaddu 

1 minute ago, CG said:
2 minutes ago, maniac said:
Has a  test 100 in subcontinent vs Ash-Jaddu 

Lol in that series everybody scored tons.

Cmon man you want to downplay it? Still what so many SENA batsman failed to do it in the past on great pitches 

Just now, Moochad said:

MoM for England, but don't understate Butler's role here. Stokes was able to play through to the end because Butler had a run a ball 50 from the other end. Both were key for England today!

Thala was getting praised for holding one end up for Jaddu, why can’t Stokes get praise for doing the job way better 

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

Thala was getting praised for holding one end up for Jaddu, why can’t Stokes get praise for doing the job way better 

I didn't say Stokes doesn't deserve praise, I called him MoM in my post, but it is underselling what happened in the match if we say he single handedly took England to victory. 

Butler looked like he was batting on a different pitch than everyone else in the game. He had a run a ball strike rate and scored 59 when England were 4 down for less than 100. Stokes deserves credit for finishing the game, but Butler's inning was as irreplaceable as anyone's today.   

No one else scored at over 86 strike rate

Edited by Moochad
26 minutes ago, Moochad said:

I didn't say Stokes doesn't deserve praise, I called him MoM in my post, but it is underselling what happened in the match if we say he single handedly took England to victory. 

Butler looked like he was batting on a different pitch than everyone else in the game. He had a run a ball strike rate and scored 59 when England were 4 down for less than 100. Stokes deserves credit for finishing the game, but Butler's inning was as irreplaceable as anyone's today.   

No one else scored at over 86 strike rate

buttler is an otherworldy talent like abdv, but is less susceptible to choking.

definitely ...  Stokes played some of the best impact inns of this world cup of which  the highlight was the knock in the final. THough the likes of Rohit ,Warner were the top scorers numerically , the impact of his knocks makes  Stokes one of the front runners for the 'best batsman title'  of this world cup. But his bowling was a bit off.

As for Stokes-Pandya , I think we need to be patient with Pandya.  He is far lesser experienced when compared  to Stokes and that showed.More over , the  interference of that ugly parasite  edulji  deprived him of valuable experience  by making him  miss  8 matches in AUS+NZL combined.That would have made him   a lot  more equipped to handle these ENG conditions .In hindsight of that mere 18 runs loss in semi , who knows India wouldn't have won the trophy  had Pandya not missed 'those 8 matches on the trot'??

Any way , the talent is there.He would definitely  improve with experience.

In terms of impact player. Stokes is a match winner.

Long back, I said, Stokes is far far ahead from rest of pack of allrounder. I will say Shakib is now as good as Stokes. May be touch better in odis. Some projected names of Cummins/Pattison/Pandya/Windies hacks.

But Overall, Stokes has zero competition.

15 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Stokes could have done that because Stokes has experience of Batting in such situations. Pandya is essentially there to play some quickfire cameos. Though at 24/4, I don't think even Stokes could have done that.

yes , if you exclude the obvious skill mismatch . Pandya may do better in future , but hes never going to be as good a bat as stokes .

18 hours ago, Vijy said:

buttler is an otherworldy talent like abdv, but is less susceptible to choking.

Yes hes very talented, but I wouldn't compare him to ABDV. At least in IPL teams have gotten him early by bringing on a spinner. I think Kiwis missed a trick by not bowling spin to him early.