This is more depressing than India's loss

5 minutes ago, CG said:
1 hour ago, SK_IH said:
Lol England were the best team in the tournament. NZ may be in top 4 but definitely not better team

Lol no a team which was defeated by Pak Srilanka can't be best team.

So which was the best team?

9 minutes ago, CG said:
12 minutes ago, SK_IH said:
So which was the best team?

India.

A team with a non existent middle and lower order was the best ? England had the best balanced team with no such flaws. Appreciate the effort of winning the 4 big matches back to back unlike chokers from India.

18 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

A team with a non existent middle and lower order was the best ? England had the best balanced team with no such flaws. Appreciate the effort of winning the 4 big matches back to back unlike chokers from India.

The team which was #1 in league was the best team. They played the best regardless of their mo issues. Team which lost to SL and Pak can't be called the best. And they didn't win the final but were just lucky.

16 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

India were the best team in the tournament, not England.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

The team which was #1 in league was the best team. They played the best regardless of their mo issues. Team which lost to SL and Pak can't be called the best. And they didn't win the final but were just lucky.

Noice jokes. :nice:

Felt really bad for Kiwis.. specially for some players like Williamson, Boult, Neesham, Taylor etc.. but some other players really didnt deserve to be in Winning WC team.. like Guptil, Nicole, Latham etc.. all good guys but common they are not ODI players..

And then you compare those to English player.. all of them are super ODI players.. 

All in all... Kiwis punched above their weight and they shouldnt have been in Finals in the first place.. but god they didnt deserve this heart break.. they should have lost much easier way.. 

47 minutes ago, veer said:

All in all... Kiwis punched above their weight and they shouldnt have been in Finals in the first place.. but god they didnt deserve this heart break.. they should have lost much easier way.. 

It was like watching a movie where ghe dog dies in the end.:((

6 hours ago, Audiophile said:

Our captaan would have been running up and down the field MC BC ing everyone and then during the presentation ceremony would have cried to the whole world how unlucky they are!!!! And then once he calmed down, he would have let little Bewda will crawl into his auss again! :giggle:

:hatsoff:

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

India were the best team in the tournament, not England.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

sure but they beat the supposed best team of the tournament, hence they deserve it :giggle:

Stop being so salty. Yes England were very fortunate but they did not cheat.

The rules are the same for both teams and are made well in advance. They did not make them up as they went along. New Zealand knew what would happen if the super over was tied.

The overthrows were lucky for England but Stokes was not even looking at the ball when the throw was made. He did nothing illegal.

42 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Stop being so salty. Yes England were very fortunate but they did not cheat.

The rules are the same for both teams and are made well in advance. They did not make them up as they went along. New Zealand knew what would happen if the super over was tied.

The overthrows were lucky for England but Stokes was not even looking at the ball when the throw was made. He did nothing illegal.

Let me ask you a question . 

Would you pay a penalty for a crime that you haven't committed ?  

So why should New Zealand pay for a mistake that did not make ? I know that England are not at fault here and we should just blame the stupid rules. 

And by the way no one's salty here . Just rooting for the wronged side. Again I'm not saying wronged by the opponent.  Wronged by the joke that is called rules. 

16 minutes ago, Norman said:

Let me ask you a question . 

Would you pay a penalty for a crime that you haven't committed ?  

So why should New Zealand pay for a mistake that did not make ? I know that England are not at fault here and we should just blame the stupid rules. 

And by the way no one's salty here . Just rooting for the wronged side. Again I'm not saying wronged by the opponent.  Wronged by the joke that is called rules. 

I'm guessing that this is a long established rule and I'm pretty sure overthrows have been given many times in the past when the same thing has happened. I'm also sure no one complained in the past or asked for the rules to be changed.

The difference was that the incident took place during the last two overs of the world cup final and that is why such a big deal is being made of this whole thing. If it was such a big issue then all teams would have lobbied to have this rule changed.

If it happened in the 20th over of the chase no one would have mentioned it.

3 hours ago, Ranvir said:

I'm guessing that this is a long established rule and I'm pretty sure overthrows have been given many times in the past when the same thing has happened. I'm also sure no one complained in the past or asked for the rules to be changed.

The difference was that the incident took place during the last two overs of the world cup final and that is why such a big deal is being made of this whole thing. If it was such a big issue then all teams would have lobbied to have this rule changed.

If it happened in the 20th over of the chase no one would have mentioned it.

It isn't just that, apparently England should only have gotten 5 runs from that overthrow according to the rules even when counting the overthrow boundary.