Why do all other cricket nations dislike England? esp when they win anything?

chewy

37 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Very childish on people to hate England for crimes committed by people who aren't even alive today in some of the nations, For EX - UK. 

People need to move on. 

Its obvious that you have a very limited view and knowledge of history, economics and impact of policies that were inflicted upon the subcontinent which has claimed millions of lives even after their departure. 

Not to mention there are hundreds of thousands, maybe more british assholes who think that colonialism was a positive for India.

You can move on because you live in a fantasy world made up of ignorance, while the rest of us will try and hold the ones responsible accountable for their actions OR the ones who are enjoying the fruits of those said actions and now claiming as if everything was in the past and now it should be forgotten. 

23 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

Its obvious that you have a very limited view and knowledge of history, economics and impact of policies that were inflicted upon the subcontinent which has claimed millions of lives even after their departure. 

Not to mention there are hundreds of thousands, maybe more british assholes who think that colonialism was a positive for India.

You can move on because you live in a fantasy world made up of ignorance, while the rest of us will try and hold the ones responsible accountable for their actions OR the ones who are enjoying the fruits of those said actions and now claiming as if everything was in the past and now it should be forgotten. 

You are being too emotional. Like someone mentioned, Nazis inflicted lot of damage to people around the world too. Current generation albeit some of them could be crook, but have nothing to do with what was done by their ancestors. 

Why would I hate someone like Jos Butler to what his ancestors would have done. 

You are fine to not like a country because it ruled India. It's fine, but its just my opinion that I find it childish.

The past shouldn't be forgotten so its not repeated and that we continue to learn from our mistakes but that doesn't mean, but we should blame or hate current generation for that or start hating people of a country for what their ancestors did to damage the world. We move on, or else we keep hating and become insane. World need more peace and not this grudge. 

Advanced issues found

38 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

while the rest of us will try and hold the ones responsible accountable for their actions OR the ones who are enjoying the fruits of those said actions and now claiming as if everything was in the past and now it should be forgotten. 

Some good points but note that India has suffered more because of Indians, who have turned it into a garbage bin. You could fire in the air at British or do something meaningful to change India by making it a better place to live for all. By all, I do not mean Hindu-Muslims-etc., but humans and other living beings. You cannot be polluting your water systems, air, land, etc., just to earn more $$$, which is important but not everything. The population lacks civic sense in general. 

While firing blanks at British and doing actual good for Ind are not mutually exclusive, the areas to focus your energy and time are limited. My 2 cents! 

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

You are being too emotional. Like someone mentioned, Nazis inflicted lot of damage to people around the world too. Current generation albeit some of them could be crook, but have nothing to do with what was done by their ancestors. 

You are fine to not like a country because it ruled India. It's fine, but its just my opinion that I find it childish.

The past shouldn't be forgotten so its not repeated and that we continue to learn from our mistakes but that doesn't mean, but we should blame or hate current generation for that or start hating people of a country for what their ancestors did to damage the world. We move on, or else we keep hating and become insane. World need more peace and not this grudge. 

Emotional about how they still have our artifacts? Emotional about how they still deny atrocities committed by Churchill the asshole and consider him a hero? This isn't their ancestors doing it. 

Its the current generation. I don't dislike them because they ruled India, I dislike them because in one instance they claim to be fervent supporters and beacon of light when it comes to freedom and free will while at the same time quite hypocritically claim colonization is/was great and Churchill is a hero. 

I'm assuming that you live in England, which would explain your let's forget about it K? Routine. 

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Very childish on people to hate England for crimes committed by people who aren't even alive today in some of the nations, For EX - UK. 

People need to move on. 

3 hours ago, Stumped said:

Yes, it'd be wrong to hate a nationality based on the actions of others many years ago. I'm English and don't go around hating on Germany because of the past.

it is basically  not hate , but a dislike  of  that 'particular country achieving some thing'. Every one with basic common sense can understand that current generation English has nothing to do with the doings of their ancestors. Human considerations would always be there I suppose

1 hour ago, rtmohanlal said:

it is basically  not hate , but a dislike  of  that 'particular country achieving some thing'. Every one with basic common sense can understand that current generation English has nothing to do with the doings of their ancestors. Human considerations would always be there I suppose

Yes, thats what I would assume, but. check the response of urnotserious above. 

2 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

So if my grandfather stole a picture frame from your grandfather, we both know it occurred. You ask for it back as its just a picture frame and I decline to give it back. Does that not make me an asshole?

27 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

OK.  A couple questions:

So what are your views on the English considering Churchill a hero? 

How would you feel about a certain sect of Germans if they considered Hitler a hero?

Not all English consider Churchill as Hero, some might. 

Not All Indians are racist, but some surely are. 

Does that mean world should hate India?

There are packholes everywhere, in every part of the world. 

14 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Not all English consider Churchill as Hero, some might. 

Not All Indians are racist, but some surely are. 

Does that mean world should hate India?

There are packholes everywhere, in every part of the world. 

Not all English consider him to be a hero but an overwhelming majority do. Churchill was the reason behind the deaths of millions of Indians. So it makes sense why someone from India would hate him. And before you say "some" people find him to be great, stop. You are wrong. There are monuments built in his name all over the UK. 

Here's a BBC article claiming or asking if he was the GREATEST BRIT: https://www.bbc.com/timelines/z363gk7

Your racist Indian analogy is nowhere close to this. Racist Indians did not cause the death of millions of English. So its OK to dislike those racist assholes, hating them does not make sense. 

An analogy here would be if you had a certain sect of Germany finding Hitler popular. Do you think the Jews would find those people to be hateful?

You're trying too hard here. Take the loss and move on. 

Edited by urnotserious
20 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

Not all English consider him to be a hero but an overwhelming majority do. Churchill was the reason behind the deaths of millions of Indians. So it makes sense why someone from India would hate him. And before you say "some" people find him to be great, stop. You are wrong. There are monuments built in his name all over the UK. 

Here's a BBC article claiming or asking if he was the GREATEST BRIT: https://www.bbc.com/timelines/z363gk7

Your racist Indian analogy is nowhere close to this. Racist Indians did not cause the death of millions of English. So its OK to dislike those racist assholes, hating them does not make sense. 

An analogy here would be if you had a certain sect of Germany finding Hitler popular. Do you think the Jews would find those people to be hateful?

You're trying too hard here. Take the loss and move on. 

@Muloghonto please comment.

6 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Which loss man? I am saying there are bad guys every where. 

I don't think anyone disagrees that there are bad guys everywhere. But would you say that Germany has lost their ground on morality if Hitler was on their currency? 

Winston Churchill, the same guy who was responsible for straight up murdering millions of Indians appears on English currency. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/10020432/Sir-Winston-Churchill-to-appear-on-new-5-banknote.html

This debunks your myth of how Churchill isn't popular or at least reviled in the UK. And a country that praises the murderer of millions of Indians is not a country that I or any other self respecting Indian should like. Not sure why you cannot parse the difference in "there are bad guys everywhere" vs this country praises Hitler. 

Or we could just forget about it like you suggest. 

Don't think so, * Churchill and * the racist colonial two faced we didn't do anything but will have Churchill our currency Brits.

6 hours ago, Cricketics said:

who says that the current generation of england is innocent. As I said earlier the british media and in general the western media is always doing propaganda against india using the indian sepoys. They are always jealous of india's achievements.

They hate people coming to england i.e. immigrants inspite of the fact that they went to many places in the past forcefully. They don't even want people from other european countries to come to England. That's why brexit is happening.

most of the comments from common brits (mostly men) on Youtube and social media are negative towards India.

10 hours ago, Stumped said:

Yes, it'd be wrong to hate a nationality based on the actions of others many years ago. I'm English and don't go around hating on Germany because of the past.

Me neither I love Germany and the Germans. Lots of people do hate them though 

This English team has so many likeable guys - Roy, Bairstow, Root, Morgan, Buttler, Archer, Woakes, Wood, Plunkett all look very likeable, even Rashid and Moeen Ali. Stokes is the only one who looks obnoxious but he has toned down considerably. The real arses were/are Broad and Anderson (add Prior and Swann). Maybe its more due to some of the ODI guys playing IPL regularly and hence putting on a likeable public persona and not saying stupid things about India.