Why do all other cricket nations dislike England? esp when they win anything?

chewy

It's not just cricket, and nothing to do with colonial past, even in football so many nations hate/dislike England, last WC in WC SF everybody was supporting Croatia

Now this cricket World Cup, SM already churning with people (many Indians and Pakistanis) call England cheats, arrogant, undeserved champions 

When Aus win CWC or Germany win footy WC, you don't see much begrudging or displeasure, but with England, no-one has them as their second team and always want to them loose.

I still remember how p!ssed Marlon Samuels was when WI beat in England in World T20 final and so happy they beat England. 

Shyte like this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-45111213

England cricketer Ben Stokes was the "main aggressor" in a fight outside a nightclub, a court has heard.

The Durham all-rounder is one of three men accused of fighting in Bristol on 25 September.

Bristol Crown Court previously heard Ryan Ali, 28, and Ryan Hale, 27, were knocked unconscious by 27-year-old Mr Stokes, who denies affray.

When thugs' teams win, with thug being anointed a hero, there's dissonance with a sense of justice. 

I live and in England, and absolutely despise the English cricket team. Especially when half the team is from other countries, captain is as Irish as they come, Archer is from Barbados, Roy is S African, even Stokes  is born in New Zealand. 

Edited by beetle
2 hours ago, chewy said:

It's not just cricket, and nothing to do with colonial past, even in football so many nations hate/dislike England, last WC in WC SF everybody was supporting Croatia

Now this cricket World Cup, SM already churning with people (many Indians and Pakistanis) call England cheats, arrogant, undeserved champions 

When Aus win CWC or Germany win footy WC, you don't see much begrudging or displeasure, but with England, no-one has them as their second team and always want to them loose.

I still remember how p!ssed Marlon Samuels was when WI beat in England in World T20 final and so happy they beat England. 

Because there was a time when the sun never set on the British Empire. First the Americans kicked their auss and slowly over little less than 150 years they were reduced to their native land. 

i think that has got a lot to do  with their history in general. They ruled all over the world thru evil traits of all sorts  and were responsible for atrocities of epic proportions ( imagine the Calcutta famine) where ever they ruled in . Though the current generation is innocent,  that general perception w.r.t them can be taken as one of the most important reasons. Their  cold war  & ego clash with Germany was

one of the main reasons that eventually culminated in a ' world  war and associated brutalities  & destructions of  massive proportions'.

Edited by rtmohanlal

Most ppl from my experience hate England because of the colonial past. And a lot of them r jealous too. But the silly thing about such ppl is that they don’t hold grudges against Germany for what the nazis did or for many other countries for the many inhuman practices that those countries practice even to this day. That said, I love this English side. They have reinvented the game similar to Sri Lanka of 1996 and play a very positive aggressive style of play. Their wealth of allrounders, great fielding, and multi dimensional batsmanship is a treat to watch. Their diversity is also very laudable. They have ppl from New Zealand , Barbados, Pakistan, Bangladesh , Ireland, South Africa etc all uniting under the 3 lions. Richly deserved World Cup win to the great cricketing nation 

18 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Had it been a thumping victory, nobody would have had an issue. But this feels so slimy, getting the championship without winning the match

There weren’t many cheering for England before the game in this group (or most other groups). They rnt given much love in these cricketing communities. Even for fifa world cups, their exits r celebrated while a team like New Zealand don’t get that much schadenfreude 

3 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

i think that has got a lot to do  with their history in general. They ruled all over the world thru evil traits of all sorts  and were responsible for atrocities of epic proportions ( imagine the Calcutta famine) where ever they ruled in . Though the current generation is innocent,  that general perception w.r.t them can be taken as one of the most important reasons. Their  cold war  & ego clash with Germany was

one of the main reasons that eventually culminated in a ' world  war and associated brutalities  & destructions of  massive proportions'.

They did not rule all over the world. Only some countries which were weak at that time and took advantage of that.

brits in general are pussies. You can see the current situation in england. Even paakis kick their ass in their own country.

current generation is not that innocent. Their media has been doing propaganda against india since last many years. There are many sepoys in india who still work for them.

3 hours ago, Cricketphile said:

Most ppl from my experience hate England because of the colonial past. And a lot of them r jealous too. But the silly thing about such ppl is that they don’t hold grudges against Germany for what the nazis did or for many other countries for the many inhuman practices that those countries practice even to this day. That said, I love this English side. They have reinvented the game similar to Sri Lanka of 1996 and play a very positive aggressive style of play. Their wealth of allrounders, great fielding, and multi dimensional batsmanship is a treat to watch. Their diversity is also very laudable. They have ppl from New Zealand , Barbados, Pakistan, Bangladesh , Ireland, South Africa etc all uniting under the 3 lions. Richly deserved World Cup win to the great cricketing nation 

There is nothing to be jealous of brits.

Yes i do agree that nearly all the western white countries have invaded, looted and created problems in this world and still doing not just england. England did it on mass scale. Also england themselves was invaded and colonised by romans, french and vikings.

1 hour ago, haiwan said:

They did not rule all over the world. Only some countries which were weak at that time and took advantage of that.

brits in general are pussies. You can see the current situation in england. Even paakis kick their ass in their own country.

current generation is not that innocent. Their media has been doing propaganda against india since last many years. There are many sepoys in india who still work for them.

cricket is a game played mostly  by England and its former colonies, right?? I literally just meant that  ony . where ever they ruled , they employed  these dirty , unethical & cunning tricks.

15 hours ago, diga said:

Actually Ben Stokes is an immigrant from NZ

Actually, the more I read about the bar fight, the more it seems that he was protecting some other people from violent attacks.  Although one must not take matters into their own hands, it definitely does not warrant the thug tag.  Retracted.  

18 hours ago, Cricketphile said:

Its not silly, you tend to hate people that wronged you over others. US is totally fine with England while despised the Germans. 

English were Nazis for India, why would it be wrong to hate them?

* the Brits!