chewy

Why do all other cricket nations dislike England? esp when they win anything?

It's not just cricket, and nothing to do with colonial past, even in football so many nations hate/dislike England, last WC in WC SF everybody was supporting Croatia

Now this cricket World Cup, SM already churning with people (many Indians and Pakistanis) call England cheats, arrogant, undeserved champions 

When Aus win CWC or Germany win footy WC, you don't see much begrudging or displeasure, but with England, no-one has them as their second team and always want to them loose.

I still remember how p!ssed Marlon Samuels was when WI beat in England in World T20 final and so happy they beat England. 

Shyte like this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-45111213

England cricketer Ben Stokes was the "main aggressor" in a fight outside a nightclub, a court has heard.

The Durham all-rounder is one of three men accused of fighting in Bristol on 25 September.

Bristol Crown Court previously heard Ryan Ali, 28, and Ryan Hale, 27, were knocked unconscious by 27-year-old Mr Stokes, who denies affray.

When thugs' teams win, with thug being anointed a hero, there's dissonance with a sense of justice. 

I live and in England, and absolutely despise the English cricket team. Especially when half the team is from other countries, captain is as Irish as they come, Archer is from Barbados, Roy is S African, even Stokes  is born in New Zealand. 

Edited by beetle

2 hours ago, chewy said:

It's not just cricket, and nothing to do with colonial past, even in football so many nations hate/dislike England, last WC in WC SF everybody was supporting Croatia

Now this cricket World Cup, SM already churning with people (many Indians and Pakistanis) call England cheats, arrogant, undeserved champions 

When Aus win CWC or Germany win footy WC, you don't see much begrudging or displeasure, but with England, no-one has them as their second team and always want to them loose.

I still remember how p!ssed Marlon Samuels was when WI beat in England in World T20 final and so happy they beat England. 

Because there was a time when the sun never set on the British Empire. First the Americans kicked their auss and slowly over little less than 150 years they were reduced to their native land. 

i think that has got a lot to do  with their history in general. They ruled all over the world thru evil traits of all sorts  and were responsible for atrocities of epic proportions ( imagine the Calcutta famine) where ever they ruled in . Though the current generation is innocent,  that general perception w.r.t them can be taken as one of the most important reasons. Their  cold war  & ego clash with Germany was

one of the main reasons that eventually culminated in a ' world  war and associated brutalities  & destructions of  massive proportions'.

Edited by rtmohanlal

Most ppl from my experience hate England because of the colonial past. And a lot of them r jealous too. But the silly thing about such ppl is that they don’t hold grudges against Germany for what the nazis did or for many other countries for the many inhuman practices that those countries practice even to this day. That said, I love this English side. They have reinvented the game similar to Sri Lanka of 1996 and play a very positive aggressive style of play. Their wealth of allrounders, great fielding, and multi dimensional batsmanship is a treat to watch. Their diversity is also very laudable. They have ppl from New Zealand , Barbados, Pakistan, Bangladesh , Ireland, South Africa etc all uniting under the 3 lions. Richly deserved World Cup win to the great cricketing nation 

18 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Had it been a thumping victory, nobody would have had an issue. But this feels so slimy, getting the championship without winning the match

There weren’t many cheering for England before the game in this group (or most other groups). They rnt given much love in these cricketing communities. Even for fifa world cups, their exits r celebrated while a team like New Zealand don’t get that much schadenfreude 

3 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

i think that has got a lot to do  with their history in general. They ruled all over the world thru evil traits of all sorts  and were responsible for atrocities of epic proportions ( imagine the Calcutta famine) where ever they ruled in . Though the current generation is innocent,  that general perception w.r.t them can be taken as one of the most important reasons. Their  cold war  & ego clash with Germany was

one of the main reasons that eventually culminated in a ' world  war and associated brutalities  & destructions of  massive proportions'.

They did not rule all over the world. Only some countries which were weak at that time and took advantage of that.

brits in general are pussies. You can see the current situation in england. Even paakis kick their ass in their own country.

current generation is not that innocent. Their media has been doing propaganda against india since last many years. There are many sepoys in india who still work for them.

3 hours ago, Cricketphile said:

Most ppl from my experience hate England because of the colonial past. And a lot of them r jealous too. But the silly thing about such ppl is that they don’t hold grudges against Germany for what the nazis did or for many other countries for the many inhuman practices that those countries practice even to this day. That said, I love this English side. They have reinvented the game similar to Sri Lanka of 1996 and play a very positive aggressive style of play. Their wealth of allrounders, great fielding, and multi dimensional batsmanship is a treat to watch. Their diversity is also very laudable. They have ppl from New Zealand , Barbados, Pakistan, Bangladesh , Ireland, South Africa etc all uniting under the 3 lions. Richly deserved World Cup win to the great cricketing nation 

There is nothing to be jealous of brits.

Yes i do agree that nearly all the western white countries have invaded, looted and created problems in this world and still doing not just england. England did it on mass scale. Also england themselves was invaded and colonised by romans, french and vikings.

1 hour ago, haiwan said:

They did not rule all over the world. Only some countries which were weak at that time and took advantage of that.

brits in general are pussies. You can see the current situation in england. Even paakis kick their ass in their own country.

current generation is not that innocent. Their media has been doing propaganda against india since last many years. There are many sepoys in india who still work for them.

cricket is a game played mostly  by England and its former colonies, right?? I literally just meant that  ony . where ever they ruled , they employed  these dirty , unethical & cunning tricks.

15 hours ago, diga said:

Actually Ben Stokes is an immigrant from NZ

Actually, the more I read about the bar fight, the more it seems that he was protecting some other people from violent attacks.  Although one must not take matters into their own hands, it definitely does not warrant the thug tag.  Retracted.  

18 hours ago, Cricketphile said:

Its not silly, you tend to hate people that wronged you over others. US is totally fine with England while despised the Germans. 

English were Nazis for India, why would it be wrong to hate them?

* the Brits!

10 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

Its not silly, you tend to hate people that wronged you over others. US is totally fine with England while despised the Germans. 

English were Nazis for India, why would it be wrong to hate them?

* the Brits!

Yes, it'd be wrong to hate a nationality based on the actions of others many years ago. I'm English and don't go around hating on Germany because of the past.

6 minutes ago, Stumped said:

Yes, it'd be wrong to hate a nationality based on the actions of others many years ago. I'm English and don't go around hating on Germany because of the past.

Did Nazis steal your ancient artifacts and today's Germans are holding it today claiming them to be rightfully theirs? 

Brits TODAY, as in this day of July 15th 2019 are doing so. So no, it isn't wrong to call those thieves, thieves. And hating thieves isn't wrong. 

We won't even talk about the wealth transfer which has allowed Britain of the past to flourish and today's generation to enjoy the fruits of that wealth. 

37 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Very childish on people to hate England for crimes committed by people who aren't even alive today in some of the nations, For EX - UK. 

People need to move on. 

Its obvious that you have a very limited view and knowledge of history, economics and impact of policies that were inflicted upon the subcontinent which has claimed millions of lives even after their departure. 

Not to mention there are hundreds of thousands, maybe more british assholes who think that colonialism was a positive for India.

You can move on because you live in a fantasy world made up of ignorance, while the rest of us will try and hold the ones responsible accountable for their actions OR the ones who are enjoying the fruits of those said actions and now claiming as if everything was in the past and now it should be forgotten. 

23 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

Its obvious that you have a very limited view and knowledge of history, economics and impact of policies that were inflicted upon the subcontinent which has claimed millions of lives even after their departure. 

Not to mention there are hundreds of thousands, maybe more british assholes who think that colonialism was a positive for India.

You can move on because you live in a fantasy world made up of ignorance, while the rest of us will try and hold the ones responsible accountable for their actions OR the ones who are enjoying the fruits of those said actions and now claiming as if everything was in the past and now it should be forgotten. 

You are being too emotional. Like someone mentioned, Nazis inflicted lot of damage to people around the world too. Current generation albeit some of them could be crook, but have nothing to do with what was done by their ancestors. 

Why would I hate someone like Jos Butler to what his ancestors would have done. 

You are fine to not like a country because it ruled India. It's fine, but its just my opinion that I find it childish.

The past shouldn't be forgotten so its not repeated and that we continue to learn from our mistakes but that doesn't mean, but we should blame or hate current generation for that or start hating people of a country for what their ancestors did to damage the world. We move on, or else we keep hating and become insane. World need more peace and not this grudge. 

its more the fact they are whiny and arrogant when it comes to ' spirit of the game' They can dish out all the sledging and abuse but cant take it back. Hard to support a team like this.. no wonder most British Indians still support India.

Advanced issues found

38 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

while the rest of us will try and hold the ones responsible accountable for their actions OR the ones who are enjoying the fruits of those said actions and now claiming as if everything was in the past and now it should be forgotten. 

Some good points but note that India has suffered more because of Indians, who have turned it into a garbage bin. You could fire in the air at British or do something meaningful to change India by making it a better place to live for all. By all, I do not mean Hindu-Muslims-etc., but humans and other living beings. You cannot be polluting your water systems, air, land, etc., just to earn more $$$, which is important but not everything. The population lacks civic sense in general. 

While firing blanks at British and doing actual good for Ind are not mutually exclusive, the areas to focus your energy and time are limited. My 2 cents! 

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

You are being too emotional. Like someone mentioned, Nazis inflicted lot of damage to people around the world too. Current generation albeit some of them could be crook, but have nothing to do with what was done by their ancestors. 

You are fine to not like a country because it ruled India. It's fine, but its just my opinion that I find it childish.

The past shouldn't be forgotten so its not repeated and that we continue to learn from our mistakes but that doesn't mean, but we should blame or hate current generation for that or start hating people of a country for what their ancestors did to damage the world. We move on, or else we keep hating and become insane. World need more peace and not this grudge. 

Emotional about how they still have our artifacts? Emotional about how they still deny atrocities committed by Churchill the asshole and consider him a hero? This isn't their ancestors doing it. 

Its the current generation. I don't dislike them because they ruled India, I dislike them because in one instance they claim to be fervent supporters and beacon of light when it comes to freedom and free will while at the same time quite hypocritically claim colonization is/was great and Churchill is a hero. 

I'm assuming that you live in England, which would explain your let's forget about it K? Routine. 

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Very childish on people to hate England for crimes committed by people who aren't even alive today in some of the nations, For EX - UK. 

People need to move on. 

3 hours ago, Stumped said:

it is basically  not hate , but a dislike  of  that 'particular country achieving some thing'. Every one with basic common sense can understand that current generation English has nothing to do with the doings of their ancestors. Human considerations would always be there I suppose

Because ICC and Adharmasena robbed the game away from NZ and gave it to the English. This was not even supposed to go to super over!! If I was NZ, I would be pulling my hair out in frustration!!!

1 hour ago, rtmohanlal said:

it is basically  not hate , but a dislike  of  that 'particular country achieving some thing'. Every one with basic common sense can understand that current generation English has nothing to do with the doings of their ancestors. Human considerations would always be there I suppose

Yes, thats what I would assume, but. check the response of urnotserious above. 

2 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

So if my grandfather stole a picture frame from your grandfather, we both know it occurred. You ask for it back as its just a picture frame and I decline to give it back. Does that not make me an asshole?

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Lol I don't live in England. 

OK.  A couple questions:

So what are your views on the English considering Churchill a hero? 

How would you feel about a certain sect of Germans if they considered Hitler a hero?

27 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

OK.  A couple questions:

So what are your views on the English considering Churchill a hero? 

How would you feel about a certain sect of Germans if they considered Hitler a hero?

Not all English consider Churchill as Hero, some might. 

Not All Indians are racist, but some surely are. 

Does that mean world should hate India?

There are packholes everywhere, in every part of the world. 

14 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Not all English consider Churchill as Hero, some might. 

Not All Indians are racist, but some surely are. 

Does that mean world should hate India?

There are packholes everywhere, in every part of the world. 

Not all English consider him to be a hero but an overwhelming majority do. Churchill was the reason behind the deaths of millions of Indians. So it makes sense why someone from India would hate him. And before you say "some" people find him to be great, stop. You are wrong. There are monuments built in his name all over the UK. 

Here's a BBC article claiming or asking if he was the GREATEST BRIT: https://www.bbc.com/timelines/z363gk7

Your racist Indian analogy is nowhere close to this. Racist Indians did not cause the death of millions of English. So its OK to dislike those racist assholes, hating them does not make sense. 

An analogy here would be if you had a certain sect of Germany finding Hitler popular. Do you think the Jews would find those people to be hateful?

You're trying too hard here. Take the loss and move on. 

Edited by urnotserious

20 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

Not all English consider him to be a hero but an overwhelming majority do. Churchill was the reason behind the deaths of millions of Indians. So it makes sense why someone from India would hate him. And before you say "some" people find him to be great, stop. You are wrong. There are monuments built in his name all over the UK. 

Here's a BBC article claiming or asking if he was the GREATEST BRIT: https://www.bbc.com/timelines/z363gk7

Your racist Indian analogy is nowhere close to this. Racist Indians did not cause the death of millions of English. So its OK to dislike those racist assholes, hating them does not make sense. 

An analogy here would be if you had a certain sect of Germany finding Hitler popular. Do you think the Jews would find those people to be hateful?

You're trying too hard here. Take the loss and move on. 

@Muloghonto please comment.

6 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Which loss man? I am saying there are bad guys every where. 

I don't think anyone disagrees that there are bad guys everywhere. But would you say that Germany has lost their ground on morality if Hitler was on their currency? 

Winston Churchill, the same guy who was responsible for straight up murdering millions of Indians appears on English currency. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/10020432/Sir-Winston-Churchill-to-appear-on-new-5-banknote.html

This debunks your myth of how Churchill isn't popular or at least reviled in the UK. And a country that praises the murderer of millions of Indians is not a country that I or any other self respecting Indian should like. Not sure why you cannot parse the difference in "there are bad guys everywhere" vs this country praises Hitler. 

Or we could just forget about it like you suggest. 

Don't think so, * Churchill and * the racist colonial two faced we didn't do anything but will have Churchill our currency Brits.

6 hours ago, Cricketics said:

who says that the current generation of england is innocent. As I said earlier the british media and in general the western media is always doing propaganda against india using the indian sepoys. They are always jealous of india's achievements.

They hate people coming to england i.e. immigrants inspite of the fact that they went to many places in the past forcefully. They don't even want people from other european countries to come to England. That's why brexit is happening.

most of the comments from common brits (mostly men) on Youtube and social media are negative towards India.

10 hours ago, Stumped said:

Me neither I love Germany and the Germans. Lots of people do hate them though 

This English team has so many likeable guys - Roy, Bairstow, Root, Morgan, Buttler, Archer, Woakes, Wood, Plunkett all look very likeable, even Rashid and Moeen Ali. Stokes is the only one who looks obnoxious but he has toned down considerably. The real arses were/are Broad and Anderson (add Prior and Swann). Maybe its more due to some of the ODI guys playing IPL regularly and hence putting on a likeable public persona and not saying stupid things about India. 

Thing is I've seen a lot of hatred on social media but been to a lot of games involving asian teams including India and none of them have given off any indication that they hate us. They're either two faced bastards themselves and hide their hatred well, too scared to show it in front of people rather than behind a screen, or they don't hate us at all

11 hours ago, urnotserious said:

So if my grandfather stole a picture frame from your grandfather, we both know it occurred. You ask for it back as its just a picture frame and I decline to give it back. Does that not make me an asshole?

tht's why  i said there is ' general dislike of them not doing well'.  This  'rude and arrogant attitude'

10 hours ago, YCCC said:

Thing is I've seen a lot of hatred on social media but been to a lot of games involving asian teams including India and none of them have given off any indication that they hate us. They're either two faced bastards themselves and hide their hatred well, too scared to show it in front of people rather than behind a screen, or they don't hate us at all

Everyone does this. It's because people have to behave in certain way in public. There are laws in place. You cannot easily show hatred or say anything nasty to anyone's face even if you strongly feel like doing it. If there were no police and laws in place, then you would have seen the internet hatred in reality too. That's why police and laws are there. So people have to be content with hatred on internet as cyber laws are still not enforced that strongly.:winky:

2 hours ago, haiwan said:

Everyone does this. It's because people have to behave in certain way in public. There are laws in place. You cannot easily show hatred or say anything nasty to anyone's face even if you strongly feel like doing it. If there were no police and laws in place, then you would have seen the internet hatred in reality too. That's why police and laws are there. So people have to be content with hatred on internet as cyber laws are still not enforced that strongly.:winky:

They could just ignore us or be rude if they really hate us, no law against that, but they didn't, they chatted and were courteous and polite throughout. Well maybe not the Pakistanis but that's just the way they are. The internet just gives a platform for nutters of all nationalities to speak out. Fortunately true match attending fans are not like that 

23 hours ago, Stumped said:

to be honest, there is not much of hate for England in India, any dislike is based on pompous commentary and bragging that all sides do which is pretty common. 

4 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Fortunately true match attending fans are not like that

telling someone to their face that they hate them is not possible unless you are a hooligan and ready to deal with the consequences. 

20 minutes ago, Vilander said:

telling someone to their face that they hate them is not possible unless you are a hooligan and ready to deal with the consequences. 

I get that but why bother smiling, saying good morning as most did to me anyway. I dislike a few people at work and if I see them around the office I ignore them. I dare say a few dislike me back and they too just blank me. I went to 4 India games and not once did I feel anything but warmth and a welcoming atmosphere for the love of cricket. I guess when I hopefully visit India in winter 2020/21 I will have to see what Indians are like at home...

Pretty much every Indian I observed was happy and seemed incapable of hating anyone. That is why the Indian social media persona is such a shock to me as it goes against what I have experienced with Indians in all walks of life in the real world

Edited by YCCC