Moeen and Adil avoid haram

FischerTal

3 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Don't see what's the big deal is here anyway. 

In fact them not singing the national anthem is a far major issue if you ask me. 

Well as someone who is born in the UK I have to say the UK national anthem is awful.

Unlike other national anthems it does not glorify the nation and its people but instead glorifies one person -The Queen. It encourages servitude to her by having lines like 'Long may she reign over us'.

I would not want to sing that either.

It’s supposed to be funny. It’s not even the fact that they left when alcohol was being sprayed. It was the way in which they bolted as if a jaguar just sprung up out of nowhere on a cricket ground. This has solid meme potential

Edited by FischerTal

21 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Well as someone who is born in the UK I have to say the UK national anthem is awful.

Unlike other national anthems it does not glorify the nation and its people but instead glorifies one person -The Queen. It encourages servitude to her by having lines like 'Long may she reign over us'.

I would not want to sing that either.

But it wasn't UK in the final was it ? 

If we Scotland had been in the final we would have been singing to our national anthem  Flower Of Scotland so why when representing England do you sing For Save The Queen ?

19 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

If we Scotland had been in the final we would have been singing to our national anthem  Flower Of Scotland so why when representing England do you sing For Save The Queen ?

:cantstop:

47 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

whether national anthem is written in english or in scotch  ?

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Its very logical. Cigarettes weren't around at the time the prophet (PBUH) lived. 

Tobacco, however is haram according to most interpretations. But smoking is still a hazy issue.

mariyam meri jaan

the concept of smoking is very old and ancient. Much before birth of islam. People used to smoke in different ways and had different names for it. Also cigarettes too have some kind of tobacco inside them AFAIK.

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Its very logical. Cigarettes weren't around at the time the prophet (PBUH) lived

Tobacco, however is haram according to most interpretations. But smoking is still a hazy issue.

Possibly... But don't you think smoking using Hukkah /Sheesha might've been prevelant in those days?

1 hour ago, Tattieboy said:

Because deep down everyone knows that England is the UK :p:

In fact the only other people from UK nations that would bother waving the Union Jack outside of England are the Northern Irish Protestants and that is just to get back at the Irish.

Edited by Ranvir

33 minutes ago, asterix said:

Possibly... But don't you think smoking using Hukkah /Sheesha might've been prevelant in those days?

meh. I was low key trolling.

The serious answer to the question is that the holy Quran doesn't prohibit or encourage smoking. There is a general injunction that prohibits one from indulging in activities which harm one's self. So, it is open to interpretation. There have recent fatwas against the (mal)habit.

Every one even missed the word play. That rules on smoking are hazy. :(( 

no one got it.