Tendulkar1996

Shreyas Iyer's whining continues.

Should have been the number 4 we should have groomed. But guess Kohli likes only meek guys whom he can control. Iyer has a persona of his own and does not look like a fall in line types. Plus a potential threat to captaincy, so what did the TM do? 2 failures and out , despite two impressive 50s vs SL

Nothing wrong with wanting an opportunity, at the end of the day guys like manish pandey and manoj tiwari and many others got a few games, did well and never got another game. Iyer did well, scored a few 50s in the middle order, aggressive batsman, strike rotation. And yet discarded. 

So should he remain quiet like tiwari and pandey or speak up? What does he have to lose? He’s not being disrespectful, not pulling anyone down. It may work for him, he’s already captain of DC.

54 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Ambati Rayudu 2.0

Should avoid wasting time on him like his predessor

Technique is suspect,but has a power game ,strike rotation and a very good strike rate.Doesnt need too much technique to play well on indian pitches.And most of all young.

4 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

I dont rate this guy at all,he is a worse FTB than Rohit.He is dead meat once the ball moves even an inch.

Just pitch slightly back of the length on the off side. he is going to get out more often than not caught in the covers.

11 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Rahul is one guy who has gotten so many chances but he still is a headcase and zero technique, how can this guy be worse than him.

trust me he is way way worse than Rahul,no comparison .

16 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

is he somebody with a technique similar to that of Steven Smith ? ...... then there is no need to bother at all  if he gets selected, i feel

more atatcking than smith i guess .. even more uglier batting 

55 minutes ago, velu said:

more atatcking than smith i guess .. even more uglier batting 

he should have been persisted with .... he was doing alright for a beginner when he was discarded. Then the moron Sastri brought in Rayudu from no where  and  made the whole thing a mess.

4 minutes ago, beetle said:

Shreyas is in the sanskari mould...

On topic...he does whine a little but I think it gets exaggerated by his whiny voice and tone. 

this shreyas guy reminds me of the actor who plays the big brother cricketer in the Netflix indian series - Selection day. same kinda face and voice

Iyer needs to get more chances. yes he looks ungainly and has technical issues, but I like what I have seen of his temperament. he also has that extra gear which makes him a good No. 5 candidate IMO.

He is a decent bat, but if you watch his backlift, you'll notice his bat comes down from between the keeper and first slip. It makes him a very strong driver. However, he will always face problems playing the horizontal bat shots against quick Intl class bowling. 

It is also the reason why he struggles to maneuver the ball into gaps and rotate the strike. Not the answer to our LOI batting problems, I'm afraid. Gill, Gaikwad even Manish Pandey seem like better options.

Here he goes again.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27274369/if-great-talent,-need-shreyas-iyer

"Great talent", "There was a lot of buzz about me"

Let's hope his actual international performance can cash the large cheques his big mouth is writing.

Also, is there a Pakistani cricketer in his genes, perchance?

But he wants to have some sort of continuity in the side, because "getting in and out of the team doesn't create a good pattern."

"If you are really a good talent, then you need a certain amount of chances to prove yourself and get acclimatised to the conditions," PTI quoted Iyer as saying. "If you keep coming in and going out [of the team], it doesn't really set a good pattern for one's self and you start disbelieving yourself. If you are a great talent, then you need some time."

"There was a lot of buzz about me before the World Cup selection because I was consistent and aware about the hard work and smart work that I had put in. It will definitely reap benefits and help me in future when I play for India. I just kept myself positive and always in high spirits. It didn't disturb me from inside at all. It was a dream to play the World Cup and I will play for sure in the future."

3 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Many experts such as TA Sekhar have hailed him as the next "Rohit Sharma".

http://www.indiancricketfans.com/forums/topic/90567-in-shreyas-iyer-india-have-the-next-rohit-sharma/

Firstly....he is not great.

He is barely there...

Secondly...even if one is great,who says that himself ?

Sounds like SRK instead of a cricketer.

40 minutes ago, beetle said:

He is barely there...

You mean KRK? :laugh:

Btw he has to start performing and do less talking. Now that he has gotten chance in odis & t20s so he should prove himself. Been hearing lots of hype all created by himself till now.

Edited by Nikola

30 minutes ago, beetle said:

He is barely there...

Did he top the runs charts in the recent A-series games in the West indies or previous Ranji season? He doesnt have the god given right to a place in Indian team

This guy does has some attitude but he is still our best bet after Rat.  The guy does have leadership abilities.  If he establishes himself in the team he can be made VC & who knows he may well lead the side in future.  He is only 24 btw. 

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

This guy does has some attitude but he is still our best bet after Rat.  The guy does have leadership abilities.  If he establishes himself in the team he can be made VC & who knows he may well lead the side in future.  He is only 24 btw. 

Idk about leadership qualities but when ever i look at him i feel life sucks and he looks so depressed and negative. Idk but something looks really wrong with him.

9 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

He is not even part of the first class setup as part of the A-team.. Let him establish himself in all 3 forms of the game before comparing to the rat or calling himself a "great talent"

1 hour ago, beetle said:

This guy is so full of himself..

It is irritating.

Who calls himself a great talent ?

I don't mind his bragging if he can back it up with solid batting performance. Imagine the ruckus if he scores a century or two - he will scream and roar louder than brat :laugh:

2 hours ago, diga said:

He is not even part of the first class setup as part of the A-team.. Let him establish himself in all 3 forms of the game before comparing to the rat or calling himself a "great talent"

A Captain doesn't needs to be best batsman in the side.  Maybe Gill or Shaw will be our best batters in future.  However as I said he first needs to establish himself in the side.  Morgan isn't England's best batter but he is their skipper.  Same thing can happen for Iyer.

14 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

A Captain doesn't needs to be best batsman in the side.  Maybe Gill or Shaw will be our best batters in future.  However as I said he first needs to establish himself in the side.  Morgan isn't England's best batter but he is their skipper.  Same thing can happen for Iyer.

forget being part of all 3 forms, let him first be a permanent fixture in any one of the sides.. then we talk

4 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

This guy will fail everytime he faces good bowling. I can bet on it. He's just going to be in and out of the side for 2 years and then thrown away. Nothing more, nothing less. Just going to block Gill for the next world cup. Rat fcker will see to it.

Adding more to it,i feel this lot of youngsters is pretty unlucky to play the game in  Virushka era,they won't let youngsters get in for a considerable period of time, where they could have learnt the crafts of the game,this crucial time will eventually pass by the time they get a look in

Edited by Suhaan

5 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

This guy will fail everytime he faces good bowling. I can bet on it. He's just going to be in and out of the side for 2 years and then thrown away. Nothing more, nothing less. Just going to block Gill for the next world cup. Rat fcker will see to it.

I agree with you.In 3rd match against WI-A he scored around 10 runs after playing more than 30 balls,while Gill was scoring nearly at strike rate of hundred.I have always found him struggling on difficult pitches - be it pace/bounce or spin.

2 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

Which is absolutely fine but he does deserve a run ahead of the oldies. He just had a very good A series, had done consistently well in domestic cricket and for India A

He's not blocking Gill's place, Kedar (in ODIs) and Dhawan (in T20s) are. Rohit and Dhawan will be 37 and 38 by 2023. We will need to take a call about them as well. Both of them cannot be part of the team.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:41 PM, vijay50 said:

Give Shreyas Iyer 40 odi games continuously at no.4 or 5 and then see where he stands. Iam sure he will do better than Rahul.

If you give 40matches,to find where he stands ,when you will test other contenders of no.4 spot. 15-20 max which includes atleast 2 tours of SENA should be used to make decision. With that you would have checked atleast 3 most probable guys for no.4

5 hours ago, Vk1 said:

As most of us thought, Iyer proving that he has the game to play at 4. Pant at 5, Hardik at 6 makes our lineup very good. 

makes it even better to have gill at 4, iyer at 5 and hardik at 6. pant can open or come at 7. in both positions, he will have the clarity of having a specific attacking role, which is important - he is not the type of batsman who rotates strike much.

9 hours ago, Vijy said:

makes it even better to have gill at 4, iyer at 5 and hardik at 6. pant can open or come at 7. in both positions, he will have the clarity of having a specific attacking role, which is important - he is not the type of batsman who rotates strike much.

Pant will learn.. can try pant at 6 and Hardik at 7 but our guys definitely want a 6th bowling option.