Why didn’t Tendulkar retire after WC2011?

1 hour ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Why didn’t he retire after the WC? It’s kinda hypocritical of Tenda’s fans to be asking Dhoni to retire when their FAVOURITE didn’t retire at the right time even though he was a shadow of himself after the WC

Tendulkar’s 5 year deal with his endorsement management company was ending in 2013. So his “love” for cricket was actually fulfilling sponsor’s obligations be it at the cost of a promising player.

Then 100 100’s bhi radar mein tha.

In India star power triumphs national priority  and interest when you are Sachin Tendulkar.

he should have been politely dropped after 2011 WC like Dhoni will be asked to retire politely now 

Yeah 100th 100 may be another reason but I doubt he would have retired right after being top scorer in World cup for us.

But Sachin did not hamper the progress and transition of the team.

He played 10 ODIs after the world cup.

Scored a 48 ball 53 in a crunch game against Pakistan in his last game. Shows how good he was even in the decline.

Also if you see 2007-11 period he played 30-40% of our ODIs. Rest he skipped by himself so that we can try youngsters and a smooth transition happens.

Compare this to Dhoni who has been poor since 2016 and has been dying to play even T20s in which he has always been crap.

Edited by Number

Sachin hardly played Odis before the World Cup and as others have said he only played 11 out of the 29 Odis from the WC final until his retirement. So india had plenty of time to groom his retirement. 

And here you have the leech thala. Our most capped t20 player who has played 3 good innings in 12 years not even letting newcomers keep. 

3 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Why didn’t he retire after the WC? It’s kinda hypocritical of Tenda’s fans to be asking Dhoni to retire when their FAVOURITE didn’t retire at the right time even though he was a shadow of himself after the WC

In 2011 he was no 1 batsmen in icc ranking...also was the highest run scorer after dilshan in that wc....what a rich comeback from thala fan to linking tendulkar with him. Thala is the most selfish cricketer who has past his expiry in 15 wc itself.

Edited by bahubali
3 hours ago, Kiraisjustice said:

Because sachin is God and he can do whatever he wants, thala doesnt get that privlege.. Also sachin at the end of his career was still better than tuk tuk thala

he could do whatever he wants , but he decided to suck :giggle:

22 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Sachin hardly played Odis before the World Cup and as others have said he only played 11 out of the 29 Odis from the WC final until his retirement. So india had plenty of time to groom his retirement. 

dhoni overstayed in odis and t20s..

sachin in tests

2 hours ago, New guy said:

1)Sachin was in great form and actually helped win the world cup

2) he clearly said he didn't want to distract from the teams world cup win, if he has decided to retire all the talk would be of his retirement and not the win

He retired well within a year 

tests ?

Sachin decided to overstay because he was thinking he could play next World Cup in 2015 and hence tried to prolong his career by skipping series and then playing odd series here and there. However, when he came back after skipping few series, he was very rusty and played slow, bit same what Dhoni is doing now even after playing in every series. Seeing his own form a bit rusty, Tendulkar decided to quit mid way instead of trying to go to 2015 World Cup. That itself is a huge credit to Tendulkar that he had the realization to quit before he reaches 2015 World Cup. Nothing wrong in what Tendulkar did there, he gave himself chance, but moment he realized he wasn't good enough for ODI team, he quit. Thats a team player.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Sachin decided to overstay because he was thinking he could play next World Cup in 2015 and hence tried to prolong his career by skipping series and then playing odd series here and there. However, when he came back after skipping few series, he was very rusty and played slow, bit same what Dhoni is doing now even after playing in every series. Seeing his own form a bit rusty, Tendulkar decided to quit mid way instead of trying to go to 2015 World Cup. That itself is a huge credit to Tendulkar that he had the realization to quit before he reaches 2015 World Cup. Nothing wrong in what Tendulkar did there, he gave himself chance, but moment he realized he wasn't good enough for ODI team, he quit. Thats a team player.

He was never going to play 2015 worldcup. He played odi cricket for 100th ton which i believe any player will do when they are on 99 international hundred and just 1 century away from setting great record. If he would have retired on 99 he would have been cursing himself for whole his life so i don't see anything wrong in what he did. When you are so close to something which is once in lifetime opportunity then i think you should get it. It was not that he played another worldcup with poor form just for his 100th odi ton. He got it and played 1 more match and retired from odis. Dhoni has been playing worse cricket than sachin since 2015 but still he played for 4 years and risked our chances of worldcup as well.

4 minutes ago, Nikola said:

He was never going to play 2015 worldcup. He played odi cricket for 100th ton which i believe any player will do when they are on 99 international hundred and just 1 century away from setting great record. If he would have retired on 99 he would have been cursing himself for whole his life so i don't see anything wrong in what he did. When you are so close to something which is once in lifetime opportunity then i think you should get it. It was not that he played another worldcup with poor form just for his 100th odi ton. He got it and played 1 more match and retired from odis. Dhoni has been playing worse cricket than sachin since 2015 but still he played for 4 years and risked our chances of worldcup as well.

May be, regardless, he did surprise many though the moment he called it quits, as many Bhats wanted to see him in 2015 also. But it was good on Tendulkar to put team ahead of himself first. Every player wants to play the World Cup, the more the better, and Tendulkar was all about winning world cups, so him skipping 2015 as well as 2007 world t20 for the sake of the team, for me was brilliant on his part.

Dhoni has overstayed, and I am sure he has retired already just that announcement hasn't come in. Now just hoping Kohi is also not the captain of the LOI team so we can move forward and start all fresh.