Jump to content
Franco Vazquez

Why didn’t Tendulkar retire after WC2011?

Recommended Posts

All Indian cricketers become greedy at the end of their careers and their decisions are dictated by their sponsors/franchise owners. They become a disease and cost their country some very important series/trophies. Dhoni is doing same exact thing. He should have been kicked out 3 years ago. Shameless people willing to sell their country for money. India is a strange country where players decide when they want to retire.    

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Mjcricket said:

All Indian cricketers become greedy at the end of their careers and their decisions are dictated by their sponsors/franchise owners. They become a disease and cost their country some very important series/trophies. Dhoni is doing same exact thing. He should have been kicked out 3 years ago. Shameless people willing to sell their country for money. India is a strange country where players decide when they want to retire.    

Player becomes greater than team, this is what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, jonas10 said:

Because he wanted a 100 centuries obviously.

He continued to play Tests for around 15 months after scoring his 100th 100. He wanted to ensure his Test runs record was beyond anyone’s reach plus the target of 15000 test runs, something Gavaskar had spoken about in late 90s (sounded impossible at that time) and kept reminding Sachin of it.

Share this post


Link to post

Nobody retires while being ranked the no. 1 Test batsman in the world (except for Bradman). He had just had his best year in Test Cricket statistically in 2010 (not to mention the ODI 200*) and started off 2011 with a bang with a hundred in the Cape Town test. Followed that up with a WC where he was the 2nd highest scorer. So he obviously felt that he was good enough to carry on for a year or two. Of course in hindsight, he should have retired after the 2011 WC but then again in hindsight Dhoni should have quit T20Is in 2008 and ODIs in late 2013 :dontknow:.

Share this post


Link to post

Dhoni and Sach are two different scenarios. Although Sachin should have retired long before he did, Jharkhandi has been flopping for YEARS now. Sachin helped win the WC. 

 

However, I think Ailaa hung around too long. After the Australia tour of 2011-12, he should have hung up his boots at the same time Dravid & Laxman did. In that Aus tour he started well but  then went downhill very quick after the 2nd test. Even the modes of dismissals in the innings he played well should have told him he was losing his reflexes. He hurt his average and his legacy by sticking around for almost two more years!!

 

so Sachin sucked real bad for about 1.25 years before retirement. Dhongi has been sucking since 2014-15. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, New guy said:

Which player has retired when he was doing great like sachin was in 2010-11? 

Actually apart from Rohit no one currently is doing better than retiring Sachin. We have Dhawan unfit, Pandya Pant hack, daddu tuk tuk, Rahul ram bharose, Kohli rona dhhonaa

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Why didn’t he retire after the WC? It’s kinda hypocritical of Tenda’s fans to be asking Dhoni to retire when their FAVOURITE didn’t retire at the right time even though he was a shadow of himself after the WC

He wanted to complete his 100th hundred so stuck to the team.but to be frank he was still batting lot better than dhoni at dhoni's age

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Why didn’t he retire after the WC? It’s kinda hypocritical of Tenda’s fans to be asking Dhoni to retire when their FAVOURITE didn’t retire at the right time even though he was a shadow of himself after the WC

Not sure if you're trying to troll or serious. Tendu was India's leading run scorer and second highest overall in 2011 WC. Ideally yes he should have retired because he wasnt going to play 2015 anyway but on form he definitely deserved a place. You could say he was very selfish in tests where he stunk it up post the SA series in 10-11 but in ODIs he was ok. Dhoni has been an absolute liability post 2015 bar one innings Vs England 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/dhoni-to-help-in-teams-smooth-transition/articleshow/70252655.cms

 

He is not retiring because of effing chuskis. F acking Mother-Sister. Bughto ab...

WTF settle down? He got settle down immediately in tests without Dhoni being anywhere near. Who helped Dhoni settled down in 2005? Full tuchiyappa chal raha hai.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dil Dil India said:

Not sure if you're trying to troll or serious. Tendu was India's leading run scorer and second highest overall in 2011 WC. Ideally yes he should have retired because he wasnt going to play 2015 anyway but on form he definitely deserved a place. You could say he was very selfish in tests where he stunk it up post the SA series in 10-11 but in ODIs he was ok. Dhoni has been an absolute liability post 2015 bar one innings Vs England 

SRT was #1 batsman in test ranking in 2011.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/dhoni-to-help-in-teams-smooth-transition/articleshow/70252655.cms

 

He is not retiring because of effing chuskis. F acking Mother-Sister. Bughto ab...

Already said 1000 times, CSK is the most disgraceful team ever in cricket. CSK is a cancer. Should have been permanently banned and dismantled. Thaila should be forced to play for some other team where he won't remain as powerful as he is in corrupt, fixers, cheaters team chusky.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

SRT was #1 batsman in test ranking in 2011.

I already said he had a great series in 10-11 in SA. That doesnt change the fact that he was thoroughly mediocre after that until retirement in 2013. Retired at least 1 year too late just for the 200 test record.

Share this post


Link to post

Dhoni's PR machinery has what let him survive so long, this hypocrite who in his movie took credit for phasing out seniors after becoming the captain has become an terminal cancer for the team which had lead to many losses. His fans try to give him the credit or 2011 WC while completely ignoring all the players who contributed immensely to get the team to the finals and also Gambhir's innings which was way more vital. After every failure social media is flooded with videos of 2011WC.

 

This fraud who took games which should have finished way earlier to the last over, just didnt let any players develop in the middle order who could have shown how pathetic he has become but instead players like Rayudu,DK and Jhadhav who would never excel and were not much younger than Dhoni were given chance after chance which led to the failure in the 2019WC. \

 

All this crap about his giving advice to bolwers and way blown out, wheneever the bowlers are doing well this fraud makes sure he is seen talking to the bowlers for the camera but as soon as the bolwers are being hit, he is nowhere to be seen. His PR machinery gives him credit for teams victories even when he doesnt score or was pathetic behind the stumps by attributing the success to his advice or even more ridiculous DRS. Its about time people see this leach for who he truly is.

Share this post


Link to post

He just wanted his 100 centuries. If he had got the record in the World Cup then he would have surely retired.

 

I still remember that pathetic knock against Bangladesh that brought up the milestone. Talk about selfish!

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

lol that joker clown javed akhtar is a piece of shitt. He says rubbish things and is a typical hypocrite. This oldie is just trying to earn some points by supporting dhongi. Trying to poke his dirty nose everywhere.

I have secret info of his wife and who she was. I don't know whether he knows it or not. If i reveal it to him, he would have no face.

Edited by haiwan

Share this post


Link to post

I was one of the biggest critic of tendulkar but you can't really compare dhongi with tendulkar. Tendulkar was an ATG player in both ODI and tests. A complete batsmen. He also used to contribute with useful wickets. You can't even say that dhongi is an ATG ODI player or even best finisher because of his tuk tuking in past 4 years.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

He just wanted his 100 centuries. If he had got the record in the World Cup then he would have surely retired.

 

I still remember that pathetic knock against Bangladesh that brought up the milestone. Talk about 

 

He  was completely struggling for timing right from ball 1 in that innings which can happen to any batsmen at certain points. Hayden played a similar knock in one of the world cup matches

 

Dhoni has played many such innings in last few years 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, New guy said:

He  was completely struggling for timing right from ball 1 in that innings which can happen to any batsmen at certain points. Hayden played a similar knock in one of the world cup matches

 

Dhoni has played many such innings in last few years 

Who mentioned Dhoni? I am not one of those people who defends players. In fact I think Dhoni is one of the most overrated cricketers of all time. 

 

Tendulkar was very average after the 2011 World Cup and only played until he got his 100th century, that is a fact. He carried on playing for selfish reasons only. What made it worse is that India lost that same match against a minnow.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...