I'd hate to be Australia.

Being an Indian fan, the SF loss was a bitter pill for me, but spare a thought for the Ozzies.   

Big match players.  Mentally tough.  World's best yorker-on-demand bowler.  Will mentally disintegrate everyone.  Absolute best opener of all time is back!  And the greatest batsman of all time is back too.  If nothing, the most contrite, repentant, gentlemanly serial cheaters of all time are back.  And they beat in India in India without them.  Imagine what they can do *with* them!  

And boom - just like that, reality came without Warning.  In starc contrast to what people said, they got thrashed to smithereens - first by India and then by England.  At least, alleged mental-midget India put up a fight against the eventual co-champion, while the much-lauded Ozzies crumbled against the other co-champion.  Such a shame.       

Edited by ExtremeBrainfade
7 minutes ago, Kiraisjustice said:

Smith is not the greatest batsman of all time, you picked the right username for yourself

Oh, nor is Warne the greatest opener.  Just repeating thoughts stated by others over the years.  And my username?  It's in honor of the repenter-in-chief!

Edited by ExtremeBrainfade

Australia lost to us easily and were kind of found out. There batting wasn't exactly clicking and they did not play the cricket we expected from them through out the World Cup. Only time they looked menacing was when they showed grit on their tour to India where they came back after being 0-2 down to win the series. After that they got pounced Pakistan in UAE, only to drop some of their prospects and then put on a decent display in group stage. They did not win convincingly in group stage either. They stuttered against Windies and Pakistan too and were about to lose those games.

34 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Oh yeah they must be devastated. It’s not like they have won 5 world cups or something.

And India has 2.  Point is - they were hyped this WC with the serial cheater comeback and world-beating abilities ... and KLPD'd.  We kicked them around like a rag doll and England tore them apart.  They'd better be devastated.  

4 minutes ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

And India has 2.  Point is - they were hyped this WC with the serial cheater comeback and world-beating abilities ... and KLPD'd.  We kicked them around like a rag doll and England tore them apart.  They'd better be devastated.  

What's point of kicking already avg aus side? when they were at peak there wasn't even any contest in their worldcup matches. Did we win the worldcup after kicking them around like a rag doll? Eng sure won the worldcup but they lost to pak, srilanka and aus as well. Peak aus would never ever loose to minnows and most likely will win worldcup as well. Remember this is best eng side to play odi cricket and one of the worst aus side in last 2 decades.

Edited by Nikola

Though I usually cheer for whoever plays against Australia and feel happy when they(Aus) lose, I felt disappointed by their utter disaster of a loss. Given how they thrashed England in the group game, the minimum expectation from them for the SF was a close contest. Too bad Finch and Warner, their two main pillars, went for next to nothing. I like Warner for his professionalism and Finch for his chilled out, positive attitude.