2020 T20 trophy Australia

I am shifting focus from ODI cricket onto this, we need a trophy! :(( This is a format where we are not actually strong unlike tests and ODI despite all the IPL, but what would be your 15 and starting 11? 

For me:

Rohit (captain) Dhawan, Kohli, Rahul, Pant (keeper) Pandya, Jadeja (VC) Akshar Patel, Shami, Saini, Bumrah   

I would have Ishant in the team (good IPL), Chahal, Pandey, one of Iyer/Gill/Parag/Shaw

Shami I include as he will take wickets with the new ball, even 2 overs is enough, Pandya can bowl other 2 with slower balls.

Or we can send a young team under Dhoni and hope for 2007? I am worried we won't win trophy like this, mujhe sirf ye chahiye, planning comes later :((

11 minutes ago, Sooda said:

There's been at least three other threads in this but hey ho....

Rohit, Rahul, Virat, Pant, Hardik, Nitish Rana, Krunal, Gopal, Bhuvneshwar, Kuldeep, Jasprit

Saini, Yuzvendra, Surya Kumar, Kishan

Krunal I used to like but he bowls too many freebies. Bhuvi will be hammered despite his slower ball obsession. Kuldeep too, guy had a poor IPL and world cup, must not be selected, can't field or bat either. I'd love to see Pant open and it's possible since Dhawan isn't really a gun T20 player...

10 hours ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

Krunal I used to like but he bowls too many freebies. Bhuvi will be hammered despite his slower ball obsession. Kuldeep too, guy had a poor IPL and world cup, must not be selected, can't field or bat either. I'd love to see Pant open and it's possible since Dhawan isn't really a gun T20 player...

Kuldeep didn't have poor World Cup. He had an ordinary one. Chahal started well but ended up ordinary too. Poor is stretching it too far. 

6 hours ago, Pollack said:

Kuldeep didn't have poor World Cup. He had an ordinary one. Chahal started well but ended up ordinary too. Poor is stretching it too far. 

He fed off chahal mainly. Only against Pakistan did he do something worthy and leadership like. Easy to play off the back foot, too slow in the air. Having him in a t20 team when he can't field or bat either, he has no value. If we start including such players and mental midgets, we won't win again. Axar can bat and field and with the ball he is economical and fearless like Jaddu. Something about growing up around lions in gir.

Edited by ViruDilSeKhelo
10 minutes ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

He fed off chahal mainly. Only against Pakistan did he do something worthy and leadership like. Easy to play off the back foot, too slow in the air. Having him in a t20 team when he can't field or bat either, he has no value. If we start including such players and mental midgets, we won't win again. Axar can bat and field and with the ball he is economical and fearless like Jaddu. Something about growing up around lions in gir.

His T20I record & average & economy is fantastic though.  He never actually has set IPl on fire.  He is better bet than Chahal in T20I. 

18 hours ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

I am shifting focus from ODI cricket onto this, we need a trophy! :(( This is a format where we are not actually strong unlike tests and ODI despite all the IPL, but what would be your 15 and starting 11? 

For me:

Rohit (captain) Dhawan, Kohli, Rahul, Pant (keeper) Pandya, Jadeja (VC) Akshar Patel, Shami, Saini, Bumrah   

I would have Ishant in the team (good IPL), Chahal, Pandey, one of Iyer/Gill/Parag/Shaw

Shami I include as he will take wickets with the new ball, even 2 overs is enough, Pandya can bowl other 2 with slower balls.

Or we can send a young team under Dhoni and hope for 2007? I am worried we won't win trophy like this, mujhe sirf ye chahiye, planning comes later :((

From the WC team - No Dhawan, Shankar, Kedar, Bhuvi, Shami or Jadeja. No Axar either. Dhoni forced into retirement.

Batsmen - Rohit(c), Rahul, Kohli, Pant (wk), Gill, Nitish Rana, DK (deserves a T20 WC based on his T20 finishing batting)

All rounders - H Pandya and Shreyas Gopal

Spinners - Kuldeep, Chahal

Pacers - Bumrah, Saini, Avesh, Khaleel

Despite being the best 15, this team still does not have the feel of a champion side unless Rohit gets them to play differently from the boring unattractive cricket squads under Dhoni and Kohli played. Can't see the team going beyond Semis irrespective of whom we pick. Which is why will be better to pick Pant and Gill and get them ready for the 2023 WC.

23 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

From the WC team - No Dhawan, Shankar, Kedar, Bhuvi, Shami or Jadeja. No Axar either. Dhoni forced into retirement.

Batsmen - Rohit(c), Rahul, Kohli, Pant (wk), Gill, Nitish Rana, DK (deserves a T20 WC based on his T20 finishing batting)

All rounders - H Pandya and Shreyas Gopal

Spinners - Kuldeep, Chahal

Pacers - Bumrah, Saini, Avesh, Khaleel

Despite being the best 15, this team still does not have the feel of a champion side unless Rohit gets them to play differently from the boring unattractive cricket squads under Dhoni and Kohli played. Can't see the team going beyond Semis irrespective of whom we pick. Which is why will be better to pick Pant and Gill and get them ready for the 2023 WC.

You know when I was writing that team I had the same feeling when  I wrote the names of the top 4, reminded me of the WC failed campaign. It's about a change in mindset you'rd right rather than focusing too much on doing basics and being defensive. Rohit as skipper can achieve this and in T20 it's even more important not to be defensive. Rana looks a good pick, I need to check him out. Batting to 8 is a MUST as allows us to attack from the beginning. None of this lets score 6-7 per over till 15th over approach.

Edited by ViruDilSeKhelo