• Trevor Bayliss
    • Stephen Fleming
    • Mike Hesson
    • Gary Kirsten
    • Tom Moody
    • Sourav Ganguly
    • Sachin Tendulkar

3 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Assuming Ravi Shastri gets the chop, who would you like to replace him? My pick would be between Dravid and Ponting. 

Dravid will be insulted by King kohli. He is doing the best job right now. He is very good with grassroot level cricket. Much better served there than serving these pompous pimple free uber drivers.

Are guys like Kumble (may not qualify because of the 2 yrs coaching rule), Bayliss, etc., even candidates? From those who have shown interest, Hussey (if he meets BCCI qualification guidelines) maybe esp. if Ind invests in a young captain. Among random choices, someone like Hussain will be a good choice too 

1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

Assuming Ravi Shastri gets the chop, who would you like to replace him? My pick would be between Dravid and Ponting. 

As much as I would like Ricky to be the coach don't think it would happen as he is already making good money from Ipl and him and Virat are two combustible elements. 

Dravid is doing a great job better he guides our under 19 cricketers don't think he would coach the senior team. 

I know whom I don't want:

Kumble - Headmaster, not coach

Shastri - Cheerleader, not coach

Ponting - mindless hatred for him after the Srinath incident decades ago

Tendulkar - has no coaching experience and seems too nice to be a coach 

Dravid - keep him where he is

Bangar - meh. was mediocre as a batting coach.

I voted for Fleming.  Somehow reminds me of John Wright.

21 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Much better served there than serving these pompous pimple free uber drivers. 

Wow that's a bit harsh, pretty sure these fake superstars do have pimples. You just need to let this go & concentrate on the positive aspects of their cab driving.

57 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

Whoever it is needs to learn to take MC BC abuse for Rat. Also from time to time he needs do chuski to keep Rat satisfied. Indian cricket is going to be ruled by the abusive rodent for another 8-10 years.

What we need is a Super Cat to consume this antsy little Rat. In other words, bring on Clive Hubert Lloyd (his nickname was Super Cat)!

More realistically, someone like Hussey or Fleming might be able to find a way to navigate Rat's antics while also providing some useful coaching and tactics.

Edited by Vijy