• Trevor Bayliss
    • Stephen Fleming
    • Mike Hesson
    • Gary Kirsten
    • Tom Moody
    • Sourav Ganguly
    • Sachin Tendulkar

3 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Assuming Ravi Shastri gets the chop, who would you like to replace him? My pick would be between Dravid and Ponting. 

Dravid will be insulted by King kohli. He is doing the best job right now. He is very good with grassroot level cricket. Much better served there than serving these pompous pimple free uber drivers.

Are guys like Kumble (may not qualify because of the 2 yrs coaching rule), Bayliss, etc., even candidates? From those who have shown interest, Hussey (if he meets BCCI qualification guidelines) maybe esp. if Ind invests in a young captain. Among random choices, someone like Hussain will be a good choice too 

1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

Assuming Ravi Shastri gets the chop, who would you like to replace him? My pick would be between Dravid and Ponting. 

As much as I would like Ricky to be the coach don't think it would happen as he is already making good money from Ipl and him and Virat are two combustible elements. 

Dravid is doing a great job better he guides our under 19 cricketers don't think he would coach the senior team. 

I know whom I don't want:

Kumble - Headmaster, not coach

Shastri - Cheerleader, not coach

Ponting - mindless hatred for him after the Srinath incident decades ago

Tendulkar - has no coaching experience and seems too nice to be a coach 

Dravid - keep him where he is

Bangar - meh. was mediocre as a batting coach.

I voted for Fleming.  Somehow reminds me of John Wright.

21 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Much better served there than serving these pompous pimple free uber drivers. 

Wow that's a bit harsh, pretty sure these fake superstars do have pimples. You just need to let this go & concentrate on the positive aspects of their cab driving.

57 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

Whoever it is needs to learn to take MC BC abuse for Rat. Also from time to time he needs do chuski to keep Rat satisfied. Indian cricket is going to be ruled by the abusive rodent for another 8-10 years.

What we need is a Super Cat to consume this antsy little Rat. In other words, bring on Clive Hubert Lloyd (his nickname was Super Cat)!

More realistically, someone like Hussey or Fleming might be able to find a way to navigate Rat's antics while also providing some useful coaching and tactics.

Edited by Vijy

5 hours ago, Cricketics said:

As much as I like Ponting, I rather have Moody. Has an eye for talent and knows a lot about Indian domestic cricket.

Is a calm personality and would fit will with our seniors as well as Juniors. 

Yeah Ponting although a great cricket mind is going to be too much of a taskmaster to our maharathis. Fleming or Moody will be better. Anyone other than Bewda will be a less laoda decision!! :giggle:

Edited by Audiophile

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

They should give a post to Manjrekar and CONsultant. They can create a position like "Century Consultants"

Any Mumbaikar with Khadoos mentality will do 

Hussey,Fleming will go with the status quo & will allow CSK lobby to have too much power.

If Ponting accepts,he should be the first choice.Most of our players have technical issues,which they refuse to accept. Game tactics,aggressive gameplay & no non-sense approach will be ideal. 

Dravid is much better off with Under 19,India A teams & NCA .I don't think he wants to be national team coach.

Ponting >> Moody >Fleming >Hussey

10 hours ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

I know whom I don't want:

Kumble - Headmaster, not coach

Shastri - Cheerleader, not coach

Ponting - mindless hatred for him after the Srinath incident decades ago

Tendulkar - has no coaching experience and seems too nice to be a coach 

Dravid - keep him where he is

Bangar - meh. was mediocre as a batting coach.

I voted for Fleming.  Somehow reminds me of John Wright.

With Fleming I see team filled with useless chuskis who just flatter to decieve. Chuskis are good for IPL only. 

1 hour ago, bowl_out said:

Looks like Moody is being set up for coach.. They've already dropped him as SRH coach...

Moody for cricket and Modi for India at the helm... lol.

And Captain Tantrums/Moodswings (Rat) at the helm.

Tom Moody.

He made hyd perform very well with a few Super stars only.

I guarantee that if selection committee gives him a good team...Indian cricket team coached by him is going to win 90 percent of games.

Ponting

He can work on the technical issues of the batsmen and take players like Pandya/Pant to the next level. He'll be aggressive with team tactics. Also, we need someone contemporary or someone who thinks modern. I think he'll add value in team selections as well.

I definitely don't want Flemming. I don't trust his team selection. Might end up with all trundlers in the side.

Edited by MK55

49 minutes ago, MK55 said:

Ponting

He can work on the technical issues of the batsmen and take players like Pandya/Pant to the next level. He'll be aggressive with team tactics. Also, we need someone contemporary or someone who thinks modern. I think he'll add value in team selections as well.

I definitely don't want Flemming. I don't trust his team selection. Might end up with all trundlers in the side.

punter and rat will probably not get along well. hence CoA will probably choose some kohli-dhoni stooge.

let's have Malinga as coach. we need coaches with big bellies (the "bewda" criterion), and he can fulfill this requirement. he can also coach the fast bowlers, apart from bumrah.

Ideally Dravid is best candidate for the job, but he won't come close 100m near dressing room considering Potli's repulsive mindset and ballistic mouth. Any self-respecting cricketer would stay away from stinking mouth Kothdi, that's why we see Bewda and Bangar hanging around.  

13 hours ago, Bhaiyya said:

Ideally Dravid is best candidate for the job, but he won't come close 100m near dressing room considering Potli's repulsive mindset and ballistic mouth. Any self-respecting cricketer would stay away from stinking mouth Kothdi, that's why we see Bewda and Bangar hanging around.  

we all know what bangar is around for... not for teaching batting in bowling-friendly conditions for sure.

1 minute ago, NameGoesHere said:

He's no coach material, not even close.  His style as a leader and has been written about and apparently it's all about "fight, boys fight!" and not much more.

yep, lots of great cricketers are terrible coaches and vice-versa. of course there are some good coaches who were also good cricketers and others who were bad at both.