Virat Kohli set to travel to West Indies for T20Is, ODIs and Tests

2 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Doubt it's for 100s i feel he has pressure of loosing captaincy right now. If Kohli goes outside radar then rohit might grab the chance.

I think it's a bit of both. Rohit has been hitting centuries left and right and 'rat has been missing out on easy opportunities. Plus Rohit the captain is getting more praise. So kill two birds with one stone.

How was the initial plan made? Did 'rat ask to be rested or was it the selectors' decision that he should be rested to ease his workload? If it was the latter, then the selectors should stick to their decision and tell him he is not going.

11 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Fine to go as long as he is not captaining. He shouldn't captain, Rohit should or someone else. 

No main player should be rested at least for limited over. Why would they want to play meaningless biletral where top order make centuries and than lament in main tournaments that out middle order doesn't perform. Why not give chance to youngsters in such series, it's same thing happening again that after ct17 debacle we went WI and king choker was hitting double hundred  left and right.

13 minutes ago, raki05 said:

No main player should be rested at least for limited over. Why would they want to play meaningless biletral where top order make centuries and than lament in main tournaments that out middle order doesn't perform. Why not give chance to youngsters in such series, it's same thing happening again that after ct17 debacle we went WI and king choker was hitting double hundred  left and right.

I rather have them rest home series, I find home odi series more meaningless where its patta and generally all our players score centuries. 

15 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Regardless of whether kohli plays or not, our No 4 slot is wide open.   Perfect opportunity to try Shubman Gill at that slot.  Also, with no dhoni and pandya,  I think the TM should try a hard hitter like Ishan kishan at no 6. 

I don't know whether Shubman Gill has the power game that is also necessary for a no 4 batsman.  Don't need any accumulators anymore in the side.  Iyer seems to be far equipped I think.