WhatsApp inches a step closer to launching WhatsApp Payments in India

G_B_

The whole point is Facebook will starting mining data they will track your purchases and plans on selling data to big companies like Amazon or Walmart. Amazon and Walmart kill small and medium sized companies after gaining access to customer interests and like and what they paid. They will design marketing and sales strategy around that. People would be stupid to give this data to Facebook. Does India even has anti trust laws to stop these kind of things from happening ? Eu does that but still small and medium sized companies vanish but the governments collect fines from big corporates what is the point of collecting fines when businesses go bankrupt ?

Edited by gattaca

2 hours ago, gattaca said:

Don’t trust Facebook or any of its companies. Even though I am shareholder in the company. I never trust them I haven’t used Facebook in probably 5 years.

Reddy Babu Garu :money:

On 7/19/2019 at 5:20 PM, gattaca said:

The whole point is Facebook will starting mining data they will track your purchases and plans on selling data to big companies like Amazon or Walmart. Amazon and Walmart kill small and medium sized companies after gaining access to customer interests and like and what they paid. They will design marketing and sales strategy around that. People would be stupid to give this data to Facebook. Does India even has anti trust laws to stop these kind of things from happening ? Eu does that but still small and medium sized companies vanish but the governments collect fines from big corporates what is the point of collecting fines when businesses go bankrupt ?

Not the same way they are designed in the US. India doesn't make 'dominance' illegal. But abuse of the market from a position of relative dominance is prohibited. There is also a code of cartel conduct. 

On 7/19/2019 at 6:07 PM, G_B_ said:

isnt that happening via the traditional banks anyways?

they too mine your data.

Bank's in India can't officially mine your data. Not even the Paytms. Its a huge red flag.

On 7/19/2019 at 5:17 PM, gattaca said:

Don’t trust Facebook or any of its companies. Even though I am shareholder in the company. I never trust them I haven’t used Facebook in probably 5 years.

People could use Facebook/Whatsapp money to just settle scores and pay small amounts/grocery/utility related bills. And there maybe be pre-requisites that FB money would/should be linked to a resident bank account from which the user can withdraw money.

There are dime a dozen of these in India. It would mostly be a dud like PhonePe or Ola Money.