IndianRenegade

Dhoni takes 2-month sabbatical to train army parachute regiment !!!

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Gotta give it to Dhoni,  an epitome of a perfect politician. 

This move is aimed at his hyper nationalistic fanbase who would lap up this story asap and would use this argument to propagate his image of a desh ka sachha sevak. 

Man gaye MSD. You know how to play the game. 

Exactly. Dhoni is like the Akshay Kumar of cricketers. 

Edited by Mosher

Well onus on likes of Pant and other young batsmen to make it count with big performances

They did it in Tests, Vihari, Pant and Agarwal

ODIs is a different beasts, but these guys need to stand-up with 100s, not 40s and the odd 50. Dhoni fanbase are a different breed never seen in Indian cricket, it will need something special to break them off their MSD magic spell  

I think this should be the end of the road .

He cant/wont be selected for the windies tour by the selectors, it's clear ,hence they are trying the face saving act by terming it "unavailable",its actually dropped from the side !

He will be given one final hurrah in the upcoming home series ,I think this is made clear to dhoni !

23 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Nooooo... booooo... I want Dhoni to tour Windies. I will miss those match losing defensive innings!

Results don't matter. Reaching the Dhoni calculated par score is all that matters.

Selectors should have been bold enough to say that Dhoni has been dropped to give opportunities to youngsters. People tried to play on his retirement, which is Dhoni’s decision (while being selected in the squad is not) to get check mate. 

The way forward is to not select Dhoni and for that guys like Pant have to be supported. More importantly, Pant should not be compared to a peak and well developed Dhoni. If guys like Pant are neither supported properly nor given a fair chance, Ind cricket deserves a kick on its back from likes of Dhoni. 

Edited by zen

3 hours ago, chewy said:

Well onus on likes of Pant and other young batsmen to make it count with big performances

They did it in Tests, Vihari, Pant and Agarwal

ODIs is a different beasts, but these guys need to stand-up with 100s, not 40s and the odd 50. Dhoni fanbase are a different breed never seen in Indian cricket, it will need something special to break them off their MSD magic spell  

Felt similar for Sachin fanboys tbh. Sachin fanboys are/were extremely frustrating as well.

41 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Felt similar for Sachin fanboys tbh. Sachin fanboys are/were extremely frustrating as well.

I met many people from even Mumbai who were critical of Sachin's 100th 100 wait. Dhoni has managed to fool Indians like no one. Dhongi fans are at an alltogether different level.

Our people have sent gundas having multiple cases against them in court and police station in parliament, we have sent illiterate people in parliament because of hero worship and religious bias what do you expect from us ?

Dhoni has good share of this fan base in India like our politicians. 

Congress ya BJP desh Ko nahi badlegi jab tak Janta Janardhan khud nahi badalti.

15 minutes ago, velu said:

Why did you merge my thread ?

My title is the real awesome one

I did not.

Arey bhai....there are so many threads with dhoni and his retirement speculations. They have to be together.

As for your title...apne mooh miyan mithoo( blowing ones own trumpet:p:)

2 hours ago, velu said:

MS_Dhoni_resources1_16a0851bb6f_large.jp

maxresdefault.jpg

dhoni-para-jump-2_0091e70b-47c4-11e5-a8d

https://gulfnews.com/sport/cricket/mahendra-singh-dhoni-takes-2-month-sabbatical-to-join-army-regiment-1.1563613743147

:aha:

hope thala teaches army  guys to pull the parachute trigger not too late :giggle:

He will teach them how to reach new lows while staying safe.   Invaluable for parachutists.    :phehe:

All this natak is to extend his retirement till next IPL. His farewell game is likely to be one that he plays for CSK, understandably because it is the team he cares about more than Team India. And playing IPL after announcing his international retirement diminishes his brand value, so he won't announce his retirement this year 

He will play some matches in the BD or SA series and then bid farewell with IPL

Edited by bowl_out

11 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

All this natak is to extend his retirement till next IPL. His farewell game is likely to be one that he plays for CSK, understandably because it is the team he cares about more than Team India. And playing IPL after announcing his international retirement diminishes his brand value, so he won't announce his retirement this year 

He will play some matches in the BD or SA series and then bid farewell with IPL

I could live with that. As long as he doesn't stink up the joint in the next T20 WC, I am happy. Having said that, if he has a good IPL , there will again be calls to take him to the T20 WC :nervous:.