Can the Rat do this?

:giggle: He has had three chances so far on the world stage. In 2011 he really did not do much to win the cup and both in 2015 and 2019 he shot blanks. Ailaa basically carried the team in 1996, was man of the tournament in 2003 and was instrumental in India winning the cup in 2011.

Me thinks rat got stuck in the trap and the Ailaa stole his cheese! Poor Rat!  :rolleyes:

Edited by Audiophile
1 hour ago, Audiophile said:

:giggle: He has had three chances so far on the world stage. In 2011 he really did not do much to win the cup and both in 2015 and 2019 he shot blanks. Ailaa basically carried the team in 1996, was man of the tournament in 2003 and was instrumental in India winning the cup in 2011.

Me thinks rat got stuck in the trap and the Ailaa stole his cheese! Poor Rat!  :rolleyes:

Obama: Yes, we can

Rat: No, I can't

He played a great knock in WT20 in 2014 SF vs SA. His 183 against chucking Ajmal & Hafeez combo was good too.  Sachin had way too many shots I think..  Virat is majority cover driver & doesn't has great cut shot.  Left armers trouble him way too much.  Expect other young guns to shine in KO's. 

That's true for most players, in the KO of a WC it's about the team. You'll rarely find singular innings or bowlers winning that KO all by themselves. This is why the best teams have always performed as a unit & dug themselves out of unimaginable holes.

The point being, while an individual can win or lose you games single handedly - that rarely happens in the KO games because it's a WC, massive pressure & thinnest of margins. Also Gilly was statistically the best player in finals, no one else comes close not even Viv & certainly not Ponting.

As long as we rely on one individual or a select few, we'll always be weak when it matters the most!

38 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Both are not clutch in the league of Steve Waugh, Gilly or Ponting or Gauti. IMO both are quintessential run machine, Kings of stats.

waugh was not as clutch as everyone makes him out to be, especially in ODIs. real example of Oz clutch players in my book are gilly and bevan.

Don't know about others but i have no words to defend the Rat any more. This guy proved to be a classic stats booster in the mould of South Africans. Not at any point in this world cup he looked like the best batsman in the world. Add to that the failure when it mattered the most. Too many failures for him when one has to show the supposed greatness. He can pile on as many runs as he wants in the forthcoming bilaterals, however his legacy at the moment is of a loser and choker.

4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

WC final is the Pinnacle. He took the game away in the first half itself.

It was Gilly & then Hayden who took the game away, with Zaheer having an infamous meltdown in the first over itself. We were never gonna win that game unless we batted first, even then it was 50/50 at best if we put @par or above score.

Ponting put the finishing touches however, there were good batters who could've done similar down the order for them. In comparison I rate Gilly's 140+ higher in 2007 vs SL.

Edited by R!TTER