U19 Tri Series in England

59 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Tough competition will be from Aussies & Pakistan( some real quicks they r producing).  Other than that no team is India's level currently. 

We have not seen any video our pace bowlers bowl yet. Nobody knew how fast Nagarkopti and Mavi were till the Worldcup. So you never know, this lot could be pacy too.

10 hours ago, Cricket_Fan said:

We have not seen any video our pace bowlers bowl yet. Nobody knew how fast Nagarkopti and Mavi were till the Worldcup. So you never know, this lot could be pacy too.

We have seen videos of all 3 pacers. None is at Mavi, Nagarkoti level pace wise. Mavi, Nagar koti were rare breeds. Current bowlers are what khaleel and avesh were in 2016.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

We have seen videos of all 3 pacers. None is at Mavi, Nagarkoti level pace wise. Mavi, Nagar koti were rare breeds. Current bowlers are what khaleel and avesh were in 2016.

I think even Porel before injury (leading up to U19 WC) was slightly faster than the Tyagis. Of course, the Nagar and the Mavi were faster than Porel.

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

I think even Porel before injury (leading up to U19 WC) was slightly faster than the Tyagis. Of course, the Nagar and the Mavi were faster than Porel.

Porel did hit high 130s in challenger trophy but we are yet to measure current pacers.  I think all three will be around 130-135Ks.  Some good bowlers missing out like Ayush Singh and Prashant Bhati, both left armers.

DD junior selectors made a mess with selection of Ayush Sharma.

However on Friday, when Delhi's junior selection committee picked the squad for Vinoo Mankad Trophy (National U-19 One-Day tournament), Aayush's name was not in the 15-member team led by Mayank Rawat.

Even more inexplicable was his omission from the 13 member standby list — highest in recent years as it's normally restricted to between four to six players.

When a source close to junior selection committee was contacted, he gave a bizarre explanation: "Yes, the selectors have not picked Aayush as neither of the trio of Siddharth Verma, Mayank Tehlan and Chetan Sharma (not India international) have seen this boy bowl. Yes, he has been a part of the India B squad but Delhi selectors have not seen him."

When further probed how come this boy wasn't even good enough to be in the stand-by list, the official said: "I think he took six wickets in four matches for Delhi in the National U-16 (day matches). Now what did junior national selectors see in him, only they know."

For the record, Aayush was picked in the India B (U-19) squad by selection committee comprising former India internationals Debasish Mohanty, Ashish Kapoor, Gyanendra Pandey along with domestic veterans Rakesh Parikh and Amit Sharma.

https://www.firstpost.com/firstcricket/sports-news/ddca-exclude-india-u-19-pacer-aayush-singh-from-states-team-scheduled-to-play-in-vinoo-mankad-trophy-5241181.html

Ayush is a good left arm pace prospect and swings the ball in to right handers.  He was very impressive last time I saw him.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

DD junior selectors made a mess with selection of Ayush Sharma.

https://www.firstpost.com/firstcricket/sports-news/ddca-exclude-india-u-19-pacer-aayush-singh-from-states-team-scheduled-to-play-in-vinoo-mankad-trophy-5241181.html

Ayush is a good left arm pace prospect and swings the ball in to right handers.  He was very impressive last time I saw him.

Delhi board and selectors are good at making messes, and very poor at cleaning them up... now that I think about it, also applies to some parts of the city as a whole.