U19 Tri Series in England

25 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

This Yashasvi guy bats too slow.  He doesn't have enough shots I think.  Our previous U19 batch was head & shoulders above this one. This Priyam Garg guy looks good though.  

This isn't the final squad. They have tried different players over the year and there is still time .

13 hours ago, rkt.india said:

We have seen videos of all 3 pacers. None is at Mavi, Nagarkoti level pace wise. Mavi, Nagar koti were rare breeds. Current bowlers are what khaleel and avesh were in 2016.

Were they ever timed in the video you have seen? I don't trust naked-eye analysis of pace especially by casual cricket fans like us. So I would wait till WC where they would be timed.

27 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

Were they ever timed in the video you have seen? I don't trust naked-eye analysis of pace especially by casual cricket fans like us. So I would wait till WC where they would be timed.

No, they weren't but you dont need anything speed guns to see if a bowler is quick. Batsman's reaction also helps.

Lost to England today. Kartik did not play.  Rotating the squad.

England had lost pretty bad to both India & Bangladesh, & this set of rotated players lost to England, shows lack of bench strength in this squad. I also noticed, p Tyagi only bowled 8 good overs, in the death overs spinners were bowling rather, Karan Lal also bowled well but did not complete quota;something was not right with the bowling on a whole. In the batting the d Saxena took 99 balls for 51, else india would have been 280-290. Now they have a back to back game against Bangladesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, nsareen said:

England had lost pretty bad to both India & Bangladesh, & this set of rotated players lost to England, shows lack of bench strength in this squad. I also noticed, p Tyagi only bowled 8 good overs, in the death overs spinners were bowling rather, Karan Lal also bowled well but did not complete quota;something was not right with the bowling on a whole. In the batting the d Saxena took 99 balls for 51, else india would have been 280-290. Now they have a back to back game against Bangladesh.

this U19 is one of the weaker ones I've seen in recent times. I don't see many making it to senior-level int'l cricket except for 1-2 like garg and one of the tyagis.

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

this U19 is one of the weaker ones I've seen in recent times. I don't see many making it to senior-level int'l cricket except for 1-2 like garg and one of the tyagis.

This squad is clearly not too strong.  Hopefully we find some exciting players by the time of WC.  Dravid has his work cut out this time. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

This squad is clearly not too strong.  Hopefully we find some exciting players by the time of WC.  Dravid has his work cut out this time. 

Dravid is NCA chairman now. Don't think he is overseeing u19 or A team anymore.

Edited by rkt.india

This year PAK U19 looks really strong, they whitewashed SA in SA with both batting / bowling clicking. SA coach even praised One of Pak’s openers saying he is international standard player in the wings ( Haider Ali ). If India needs to be competitive in U19 they need to focus on building a team, currently they are giving chances in a round robin fashion which is fine, but should at least build a core team. I have been seeing since the World Cup, only Yash jaiswal is a constant since Sri Lanka series then Asia cup 2018, Quadrangular 2019 , all other players have been rotated & no core group exists till now. Don’t understand the strategy.

Dravid is NCA chairman now. Don't think he is overseeing u19 or A team anymore.

Officially he is still the head coach I believe they have not delegated the role to anybody else, so if not all the time, he still owns the junior teams.

They have not given a chance to the team to build as a team, as I mentioned in my earlier post, they have rotated almost all the players every series & only 1-2 are constant, hence no core group exists. The last U19 team had Shubman shaw abhishek mavi & a few more constant & the rest were rotated, not same this time.

Only 5 months left for the World Cup & there is no stable team & no tour to South Africa. The World Cup is in Africa, they should have at least planned a tour there for exposure, it seems the planning this time has gone overboard & they risk losing the cup this time.

Lost to England today. Kartik did not play.  Rotating the squad.

This experimentation should stop now, they need to focus on building a team rather than pleasing everyone.

I see the Bangladesh has the same team they played in 2018 Asia cup & we have only 1 player from that team, this tells a lot either they were playing players who would not eligible for next World Cup or they were just overdoing the rotation policy.