Important to give consistent chances to the youngsters.

I think players like Gill, Shaw and many other youngsters need to be given many chances in bilateral now cause worldcup is 4 years later. If we fail to give chance to youngsters right now they might just never be as good as they could have been if chances were given at young age. Remember Sachin, Kohli, Rohit, Yuvi and many others were given chances very early in their career and Kohli should not forget that if he wouldn't have gotten early chance then he might have not been same player as he is right now. We should also not hype youngsters too much at times like the case was with Unmukt Chand who now a days hardly finds a place even in Domestic XI.

Players in early 20s even if they fail they have age to improve on their technique and come back stronger but if you pick players already in range of 25 - 30 then there is low chance they will be able to improve themselves and get back better for next tours. I will support loosing india for next couple of years if we have make team with youngsters. If they get good 4 years of experience then they might come good for 2023 worldcup as well which will help us alot.

We should allow domestic players who have good potential to play in county cricket so they get overseas exposure as well. No point in picking TTF like DK, Kedar, Rayudu type of player now. Even Manish pandey is almost 30 and will be 33/34 around time of worldcup. If we get 3 good youngster of around 20 - 22 age right now then in next 4 years we would have most players at their peak which will give us good fielding side as well.

Improvement in Domestic matches where matches are played in all type of pitches to gain experience of playing overseas cricket. With All the funds BCCI has we should be easily able to do so.

We can also plan India A vs India matches for all formats every year which would create good exposure to youngsters. I would also love to watch 2 Indian teams playing vs each other for all formats.

Edited by Nikola

To start with the brand man should be kicked out of LOI Captaincy. Its worrying no young player is identified for next leadership. This current TM has messed the things and Rat has played cards well as there is no youngster challenging his position. Only Rohit is viable alternative for 1 or 2 years but even he is 32 now. There is going to be leadership dearth in Indian cricket soon. 

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

WC got over a week back and there is lack of chance to youngsters and predicting dearth of leadership for next wc etc. 

ICF is amazing :laugh:..

Nobody is whining anything. As a fan I would like to see the team give 100% and fair chances are given to the deserving players. And coming to Leadership, care to quote who is next in line and being groomed for Captaincy?

17 minutes ago, Vilander said:

WC got over a week back and there is lack of chance to youngsters and predicting dearth of leadership for next wc etc. 

ICF is amazing :laugh:..

No saying after WI squad getting selected. I just want to say if youngsters are picked then give them long rope instead of trying for few matches and dropping them and if they get chance from now then 4 years of experience will be enough for them to do well in worldcup.

12 hours ago, Nikola said:

I think players like Gill, Shaw and many other youngsters need to be given many chances in bilateral now cause worldcup is 4 years later. If we fail to give chance to youngsters right now they might just never be as good as they could have been if chances were given at young age. Remember Sachin, Kohli, Rohit, Yuvi and many others were given chances very early in their career and Kohli should not forget that if he wouldn't have gotten early chance then he might have not been same player as he is right now. We should also not hype youngsters too much at times like the case was with Unmukt Chand who now a days hardly finds a place even in Domestic XI.

Players in early 20s even if they fail they have age to improve on their technique and come back stronger but if you pick players already in range of 25 - 30 then there is low chance they will be able to improve themselves and get back better for next tours. I will support loosing india for next couple of years if we have make team with youngsters. If they get good 4 years of experience then they might come good for 2023 worldcup as well which will help us alot.

We should allow domestic players who have good potential to play in county cricket so they get overseas exposure as well. No point in picking TTF like DK, Kedar, Rayudu type of player now. Even Manish pandey is almost 30 and will be 33/34 around time of worldcup. If we get 3 good youngster of around 20 - 22 age right now then in next 4 years we would have most players at their peak which will give us good fielding side as well.

Improvement in Domestic matches where matches are played in all type of pitches to gain experience of playing overseas cricket. With All the funds BCCI has we should be easily able to do so.

We can also plan India A vs India matches for all formats every year which would create good exposure to youngsters. I would also love to watch 2 Indian teams playing vs each other for all formats.

all this is well and ideal, but we will see MSD, Jadhav, Pandey, Karthik, etc. occupy the middle order slots for another 3 yrs, after which selectors and TM will panic and try out some players haphazardly... and the cycle will repeat again.