Nikola

The Ashes (2019)

2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Anderson never gets injured when we tour england, despite playing every match against us.   Aussies r lucky indeed.  Poms will miss anderson today, it seems. 

Yes, He missed 2 matches in 2015 Ashes, too.

2 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Moeen bhai gets wickets against india only lol

More like he gets wickets only in eng if there is turn or rough which he had today but smith never allowed him to settle and always put pressure back on him.

1 minute ago, Nikola said:

More like he gets wickets only in eng if there is turn or rough which he had today but smith never allowed him to settle and always put pressure back on him.

Indian batsmens has habit of throwing wkts to part timers, specially off spinners

2 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Indian batsmens has habit of throwing wkts to part timers, specially off spinners

Ali bowls well on rough in 3rd/4th innings but we go into shell against him when it starts turning a bit.

Edited by Nikola

18 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Ali bowls well on rough in 3rd/4th innings but we go into shell against him when it starts turning a bit.

Indian team have issues with spinners who bowls quick and accurate 

Just now, Insidious said:

I really wanted to see Smith vs Bumrah in Test cricket. Two conventional genius facing each other!

Even Smith vs Archer contest in Eng conditions will be interesting to watch. I feel archer will have edge but let's see.

4 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Even Smith vs Archer contest in Eng conditions will be interesting to watch. I feel archer will have edge but let's see.

True. Archer to me is a second coming of Michael Holding, especially, his bowling action. So easy on eye. Effortless. The Rolls Royce of fast bowling!

Just now, Frustrated said:

It's now curtains for poms.  Missing anderson badly.     Who would hv thought that they were going to win after being 122/8 on day1  ?  (Maybe Smith)

Anderson would have been useless on this pitch. Smith would have smashed him all around. Maybe archer should have played.

Just now, Norman said:

Wicket is doing absolutely nothing. England has to bat really poorly to lose this. Looks like a draw unless Lyon conjures up his lethal best. 

There is enough turn in pitch but yeah not much for pacers.

Does any one think that Australia might be looking to stretch the lead to around 325 and then declare to have a go at the England batters for around 105-110 overs?  

It's still far fetched but I think they might have a target in mind and wouldn't like to bat till they are dismissed so that they will have enough overs to bowl in the fourth innings.