Nikola

The Ashes (2019)

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What happened to that guy Pope, he was hailed next great batsman after Root.You don't need two wicket keepers in the team.They are never going to average high to justify their place as a batsman.

Pope is wicket keeper batsman too i guess.

44 minutes ago, Nikola said:

We always went into shell against ali in england. There was turn for him but smith never let him settle and that's how you play against him. Ashwin should learn alot from lyon.

They have been very lucky to win all tosses against us , nowdays almost certainty to just win the toss and win the match. No morden team able to chase down a total in 4th innings over 100 .my problem with virat ,he is such a panuti kabhi toss nahi jeet pata.

Edited by VT87

Just now, putrevus said:

What happened to that guy Pope, he was hailed next great batsman after Root.You don't need two wicket keepers in the team.They are never going to average high to justify their place as a batsman.

I agree, I am very frustrated with the selectors. I know we like to give players a fair go before cutting them, but Ali and Bairstow need the Bell treatment (Sent back to county to work on their game) 

14 minutes ago, VT87 said:

They have been very lucky to win all tosses against us , nowdays almost certainty to just win the toss and win the match. No morden team able to chase down a total in 4th innings over 100 .my problem with virat ,he is such a panuti kabhi toss nahi jeet pata.

Kusal perera did it couple of months ago to help his team win series in SA.

19 minutes ago, Norman said:

LMAO this is embarassing for World champions England.

Laugh all you like, this is the Test side, totally different set up and one that needs changing in my opinion. Are you still smarting from your Semi Final thumping by NZ?

Win the toss. Win the match. Won't be surprise if this clueless English team go on to win the next match, if they win the toss. The only team who could win a match regardless of toss in home conditions is India. And that is why we are the world no. 1 team 

6 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Great win for Australia.

After Anderson retirement, Poms might find it difficult to win home tests.

We have plenty of pace bowling talent, it is in the spin department we are lacking

5 minutes ago, wobblydoggy said:

Laugh all you like, this is the Test side, totally different set up and one that needs changing in my opinion. Are you still smarting from your Semi Final thumping by NZ?

Woah ! There is a high chance you are just another padosi troll or something like that but anyway....Yes, this is really embarrassing for England ,prioritized this series over the World Cup.

And no...i'm not smarting (whatever that means) over our semi loss because Kiwis won fair and square . You know what's fair and square ? You would have probably forgot what it means after the final. :cantstop:

7 minutes ago, Insidious said:

Win the toss. Win the match. Won't be surprise if this clueless English team go on to win the next match, if they win the toss. The only team who could win a match regardless of toss in home conditions is India. And that is why we are the world no. 1 team 

Clueless is correct! What were the selectors thinking?

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Woah ! There is a high chance you are just another padosi troll or something like that but anyway....Yes, this is really embarrassing for England ,prioritized this series over the World Cup.

And no...i'm not smarting (whatever that means) over our semi loss because Kiwis won fair and square . You know what's fair and square ? You would have probably forgot what it means after the final. :cantstop:

You can see by the amount of my posts I am not a troll. 

We won, end of and are current world champions 

To put how bad this hammering has been into context, all of England's eleven batsmen put together could only manage four runs more than what Steven Smith scored by himself....

wow...Smith single handedly turned this match around with his 2 nd innings hundred...nd with help from Lyon nd Cummins AUS won nd breached the Edgbaston fortress

Joe Root is the greatest choker of this era. Even greater that Kohli. His score in this test is a testimony of that. 

Let's not forget his batting world cup final , where he is looked like a tailender against grandhomme. But the guy is really lucky When it comes to the toss (especially against us). Hopefully he will find his luck in the next test 

2 minutes ago, Pratik77 said:

To put how bad this hammering has been into context, all of England's eleven batsmen put together could only manage four runs more than what Steven Smith scored by himself....

wow...Smith single handedly turned this match around with his 2 nd innings hundred...nd with help from Lyon nd Cummins AUS won nd breached the Edgbaston fortress

They played great, but we helped them with ridiculous selections.

Why play Ali or Bairstow who are both chronically out of form?

Why play an unproven Anderson without a game to prove his fitness?

You cannot play Australia with three players out before you start

9 minutes ago, Pratik77 said:

They should have woke up after the 1st innings disaster against Ireland....

9 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Since 2015 Australia has played 6 test matches in England & won 3 interestingly smith has been MOM in all 3 of them.

• 215 & 58 at Lords (2015)
  • 143 & f.o at Oval
  • 144 & 142 at Birmingham

King is coming for his no.1 throne shortly after 1 year ban...

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

As expected, the world champions have been smoked by Aussies. Lyon has become an artist, splendid bowling.

It would be interesting to see what kind of pitch is dished out for Lord's. 

Eng with this batting lineup and good aus pace attack won't take risk of giving totally green track as well. Plenty of problems for them but i can see archer making his debut.

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

As expected, the world champions have been smoked by Aussies. Lyon has become an artist, splendid bowling.

It would be interesting to see what kind of pitch is dished out for Lord's. 

They did and even worse we did nothing to help ourselves, in fact the opposite

3 hours ago, Norman said:

LMAO this is embarassing for World champions England.

*Joint world champions England and New Zealand.

It was a tie. The idea that number of boundaries decided the winner is ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, wobblydoggy said:

No, we are rejoicing the thrashing meted to you poor souls who stole the WC.

43 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Eng getting 85 all out against Ireland last week hasn't helped them to make doctored pitch. It will take guts if eng prepare such for upcoming matches. Can they take such risk?

They can't get away with doctored pitches. Clouderson is gone and the Aussie bowlers seem capable of doing way more damage on such pitches.

22 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Anderson's selection has been criticized because of fitness issues but Archer doesn't seem like a safe pick either. Out of desperation, England is looking at him but he may not have recovered completely from his back issues?

https://www.espncricinfo.com/table/series/19430/season/2019/icc-world-test-championship

Australia score the first points (24) of the championship, courtesy their 1st win over England in the First Ashes Test. Have to say the WTC now offers a triple sense of context as in terms of series wins, Test rankings and the Test championship trophy. Kudos to ICC, finally they got it right.