Death will be 'optional' and ageing 'curable' by 2045, say genetic engineers !!!

velu

DYING will be 'optional' within just 27 years and the ageing process will be 'reversible', according to two genetic engineers during the presentation of their new book in Barcelona.

José Luis Cordeiro, born in Venezuela to Spanish parents, and Cambridge (UK) mathematician David Wood, founders of the operating system 'Symbian', have just published The Death of Death and say immortality is a real and scientific possibility that could come much earlier than originally thought.

Humans will only die in accidents, never of natural causes or illness, by around the year 2045, say Cordeiro and Wood, who say it is 'crucial' that old age starts to be classified as an 'illness' so that publicly-funded research into its 'cure' can extend.

foto30425_foto1_v1.jpg

Nanotechnology is key, among other new genetic manipulation techniques, the engineers said during the presentation at Barcelona's Equestrian Circle.

The process will involve turning 'bad' genes into healthy ones, eliminating dead cells from the body, repairing damaged cells, treatments with stem cells and 'printing' vital organs in 3D.

Cordeiro, who is based at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the USA, says he has 'chosen not to die' and that in 30 years' time, he will be 'younger than he is today'.

Ageing is the result of DNA 'tails', known as 'telomeres', in chromosomes – of which every cell except red blood and sex cells has 23 pairs – becoming shorter, and reversing ageing involves lengthening the telomeres.

@Tattieboy  @Straight Drive  can you guys hold your breadth for another 27-30 years ? :pray:

imagine modi attaining immortality and decides to  rule for his life :lol: 

https://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/30425/death-will-be-optional-and-ageing-curable-by-2045-say-genetic-engineers

1 hour ago, velu said:

@Tattieboy  @Straight Drive  can you guys hold your breadth for another 27-30 years ? :pray:

https://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/30425/death-will-be-optional-and-ageing-curable-by-2045-say-genetic-engineers

It's not my breath I am worried about!! It's my effing knees :biggrin:

That's a sportsman's injury something you wouldn't know about , You will have pain of drinkers elbow :biggrin: and because I am in a good mood today I am saying drinking will cause sore elbows :two_thumbs_up:

7 hours ago, velu said:

We have genetic engineers like these nowadays. Probably the most craziest article one would ever read.

18 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

Stupid stuff.

14 minutes ago, MechEng said:

And this is where science has degraded to the same level of stupidity as religion did in the medieval period.

some form of jelly fish lives forever ..

eventhough this idea is far fetched , dont think it is impossible ..

42 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

its not about science, its about spiritual journey of life. a clone will only be a clone.

just gave an example about nothing is impossible .. you can live forever :dontknow: