Mohammad Amir announces retirement from Test Cricket

1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

Hes not like lot of other cricketers who have done this . Amir was brought back inpite of him being involved in spot fixing and he pays them back by retiring from the toughest format . Very selfish . 

He doesn't feel he is fit enough to play Test Cricket ..what can you do about that :creep:

He floated the idea more than a year ago, so this is not a surprise. But what a disappointment this must be for the Pakistan cricket set up whoch backed him despite all the backlash and the fans who hoped he would be the second coming of Wasim Akram! 

4 minutes ago, Stuge said:

He doesn't feel he is fit enough to play Test Cricket ..what can you do about that :creep:

Cant do anything now . But I would feel betrayed , lets say some one like Bumrah is given a chance to redeem himslef (to start with  I would be against fixer being give a second chance ) and he decides only to play LOIs . 

5 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

The guy just doesnt want to work hard. One would have thought he would concentrate more on test than ODI's, but the bugger wants more money and the easy way out. Pakistan needs to look beyond him.

This is pretty accurate. The dude complains about things like a little women. No other bowler have I seen from Pakistan cricket do that. Got sick of hearing it. I failed to see why people kept saying this dude is a great bowler? Before the spot fixing incident maybe. Since his return to international cricket it was all me me me. Just shut up and bowl. Stop making excuses! He’s got some special treatment when he did not deserve  it. Where as bowlers who worked hard for there country who did not do what he did got shafted aside for him. All cause he has talent. I say good riddance he's out of Test cricket. At least we won’t hear the consistent moaning.

3 hours ago, nevada said:

He floated the idea more than a year ago, so this is not a surprise. But what a disappointment this must be for the Pakistan cricket set up whoch backed him despite all the backlash and the fans who hoped he would be the second coming of Wasim Akram! 

It was "leaked" and then denied.  The advent of the English league only confirmed the decision. No way he's "27" years old to begin with, and now has a limited number of years to maximize his earnings as a player.  Nothing wrong with that I guess.  At least the infantile greenbro obsession of overhyping him comes to an end, in test cricket.

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

This is pretty accurate. The dude complains about things like a little women. No other bowler have I seen from Pakistan cricket do that. Got sick of hearing it. I failed to see why people kept saying this dude is a great bowler? Before the spot fixing incident maybe. Since his return to international cricket it was all me me me. Just shut up and bowl. Stop making excuses! He’s got some special treatment when he did not deserve  it. Where as bowlers who worked hard for there country who did not do what he did got shafted aside for him. All cause he has talent. I say good riddance he's out of Test cricket. At least we won’t hear the consistent moaning.

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

The guy just doesnt want to work hard. One would have thought he would concentrate more on test than ODI's, but the bugger wants more money and the easy way out. Pakistan needs to look beyond him.

What if he feels like he doesn't belong to tests? 

I can name Yuvraj Singh and Michael Bevan as classic examples who wanted to be established test cricketers but never could achieve this dream due to lack of aptitude required for the format. Same can probably be said for Cheteshwar Pujara in ODIs.

44 minutes ago, MechEng said:

What if he feels like he doesn't belong to tests? 

I can name Yuvraj Singh and Michael Bevan as classic examples who wanted to be established test cricketers but never could achieve this dream due to lack of aptitude required for the format. Same can probably be said for Cheteshwar Pujara in ODIs.

Rather he is made or not he showed potential of being a good Test bowler early on in his career. If you notice since his return he just never looked that hungry. Instead of trying to work harder without complaining he goes off complaining about how much cricket he has played over the years. I doubt Bevan or Yuvraj made excuses like these. When you get the opportunities he did you should feel proud and work harder to prove why you belong there instead of feeling your bigger than the game. Lets face it this is a selfish decision nothing more. He knows he will get more money off playing for twenty20 Leagues instead of boring Test cricket that is there to only hamper his career. 

8 hours ago, sandeep said:

It was "leaked" and then denied.  The advent of the English league only confirmed the decision. No way he's "27" years old to begin with, and now has a limited number of years to maximize his earnings as a player.  Nothing wrong with that I guess.  At least the infantile greenbro obsession of overhyping him comes to an end, in test cricket.

he's definitely above 30.. and naturally feels tired of test match bowling in Gulf conditions.