The real Hero in Uniform.

beetle

While the likes of Dhoni get lauded for wearing the uniform for PR service...the real heroes get shortchanged.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/tiger-hill-vir-chakra-now-directs-traffic-in-a-small-punjab-town-5852792/lite/

Tiger Hill Vir Chakra now directs traffic in a small Punjab town

Kargil Vijay Diwas: "May be I made a wrong decision. I did not get any weightage for my Vir Chakra. Sports persons winning medals are also given higher ranks... I killed a man who was awarded Pakistan’s highest gallantry award. Anyway, God is kind. He kept me alive," Satpal Singh said.

Salute this hero who did his duty and moved on without seeking the glory he deserved.....

I hope this is brought to the notice of the Defence Minister.

Making sportsperson wear uniform does not encourage people to join the forces because people are not stupid .

But when people who go out and win us wars are treated unfairly and cricketers are treated like heroes....the message that goes out is...why join forces.

We can always play cricket and then one day get to wear an officers uniform for just being a celebrity.

3 minutes ago, velu said:

@beetle tumara problem kahan hain ? tumara billi maar dala by dhoni kya ? :hmmmm: :cantstop: 

Tera problem kya hai ...

Just high lighting the hypocricy behind these celebrity endorsement of the forces.

Forces have enough heroes.

They don't need fake ones.

Waisay...did you spot the real hero ?

Edited by beetle

16 minutes ago, beetle said:

In Army uniform...only one.

The other one's uniform is blue and yellow.

there are heroes in non-army uniform as well .. :dontknow:

doctors who save lives are real heroes , traffic constables are heal heroes , even the sweeper lady who clean the streets are our real heroes as well :dontknow:

anywya read this

Why Young Indians Are Shying Away From Joining The Indian Army ?

http://www.indianyouth.net/young-indians-shying-away-joining-indian-army/

28 minutes ago, velu said:

there are heroes in non-army uniform as well .. :dontknow:

doctors who save lives are real heroes , traffic constables are heal heroes , even the sweeper lady who clean the streets are our real heroes as well :dontknow:

anywya read this

Why Young Indians Are Shying Away From Joining The Indian Army ?

http://www.indianyouth.net/young-indians-shying-away-joining-indian-army/

True....there are heroes everywhere . Even the man cleaning the roads is a hero .

But there is a difference .

Doctors are not wearing army uniforms and soldiers don't try to be doctors( other than the doctors in the forces)

Why are you so rattled by a thread that shows how real heroes are being ignored while a cricketer is being hailed for something he is not?

Besides you think people will want to join regular army after seeing dhoni in uniform?

Why ?

Is he selling a life in the army to them?How?

He is a billionare sportsman who will go back tonhis life in 2 months.

What does this show?..join the army because dhoni did some PR activity . 

You think people are idiots .

Joining army is not like buying toothpaste that you can try one because dhoni or tendulkar recommended.

Look what happened when dhoni recommended a long term product to people...a house . 

He should stick to selling toothpaste.

If the product sucks....people don't end up losing their life's earnings.

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

True....there are heroes everywhere . Even the man cleaning the roads is a hero .

But there is a difference .

Doctors are not wearing army uniforms and soldiers don't try to be doctors( other than the doctors in the forces)

Why are you so rattled by a thread that shows how real heroes are being ignored while a cricketer is being hailed for something he is not?

Besides you think people will want to join regular army after seeing dhoni in uniform?

Why ?

Is he selling a life in the army to them?How?

He is a billionare sportsman who will go back tonhis life in 2 months.

What does this show?..join the army because dhoni did some PR activity . 

You think people are idiots .

Joining army is not like buying toothpaste that you can try one because dhoni or tendulkar recommended.

Look what happened when dhoni recommended a long term product to people...a house . 

He should stick to selling toothpaste.

If the product sucks....people don't end up losing their life's earnings.

he is advertising the army for free :dontknow: 

i am not rattled by your anti-dhoni posts or threads ..

i am a back bencher .. cant be rattled easily  :ahaa:

Sportsmen are not heroes. Sports are not important at all in the grand scheme of things.

As for people not wanting to join the army, that is normal. Who would want to join a job where you can be killed or mutilated. It's usually only the poor who have little other opportunity in life who join.