Family shamed at Bali hotel checkout, caught stealing stuff

coffee_rules

Even relatively well off Indians are cheap as hell. It's just part of the Indian mentality.

From what I have seen of Indian tourists abroad they do non stop bargaining (annoying the hell out of the shop owners), lots of complaining, no concept of saying thank you or sorry, men behave in an extremely perverted way.

Whatever it is but publicly shamingvis not good. They could have easily charged them I'm the bill, they don't have right to check anyone baggage publicly let alone guest even if something stolen.  Looks like they were more interested in shaming them than procuring things back. It may have a bad impact on family altogether as they are on social media now and unfortunately their kids will be tagged to this shameful event forever. All 8n all not good from hotel management.

54 minutes ago, bahubali said:

Whatever it is but publicly shamingvis not good. They could have easily charged them I'm the bill, they don't have right to check anyone baggage publicly let alone guest even if something stolen.  Looks like they were more interested in shaming them than procuring things back. It may have a bad impact on family altogether as they are on social media now and unfortunately their kids will be tagged to this shameful event forever. All 8n all not good from hotel management.

I think we deserve it . Did you see their attitude after stealing ? 

Indian tourists are by far the the worst , they are relatively better when they are in Europe or US but in SE Asian countries they show their real self . Cheap , loud and racist . 

14 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I think we deserve it . Did you see their attitude after stealing ? 

Indian tourists are by far the the worst , they are relatively better when they are in Europe or US but in SE Asian countries they show their real self . Cheap , loud and racist . 

I don't think it should be associated with nationality....it's an act of an individual and this stealing looks more like a  show off act or they might not happy with the hotel services so kind of vengeful act. As said whatever it may be no one deserve public shaming especially for such a trivial act . Hotel management should be criticized to let that happen.

Edited by bahubali

1 hour ago, bahubali said:

I don't think it should be associated with nationality....it's an act of an individual and this stealing looks more like a  show off act or they might not happy with the hotel services so kind of vengeful act. As said whatever it may be no one deserve public shaming especially for such a trivial act . Hotel management should be criticized to let that happen.

I dont see anyone form Hotel management mentioning nationality . 

Edited by jusarrived

2 hours ago, bahubali said:

They have right to check if they suspect theft of hotel property.

2 hours ago, bahubali said:

It looks like they created some noise when the hotel security wanted to check their luggage ..

Probably they recorded it just for the proof, and someone uploaded it 

4 hours ago, beetle said:

They have right to check if they suspect theft of hotel property.

But not in the public in road so that people can record and make fun of it entire life ....what's the mistake of kids now they got famous for all wrong reason.

Edited by bahubali

4 minutes ago, bahubali said:

But not in the public in road so that people can record and make fun of it entire life ....what's the mistake of kids now they got famous for all wrong reason.

Looks like inside hotel premises.

They are thieves and deserve what they got . The person who posted should have blurred the kids faces.

Can't blame the hotel .

13 minutes ago, bahubali said:

I agree, there should be a law against such recording and uploading...people are over obsessed with recording any event without thinking about the consequences and impact that cause...Such people should be punished for invading privacy...Hotel management have right to punish the family,but no one has the right to do this kind of public shaming...

5 minutes ago, beetle said:

Looks like inside hotel premises.

They are thieves and deserve what they got . The person who posted should have blurred the kids faces.

Can't blame the hotel .

Every ones faces.....we have people blurring even rapists face (remember Nirbhaya juvenile)...this is so bad on many ways...The family might even think about extreme measures for this embarassment...

8 minutes ago, beetle said:

Would you feel so much empathy if instead of stealing from a hotel,they shoplifted or stole it from someone's house?

Stealing is a crime....but treat them like the worst criminals by uploading and sharing it every where is a bad culture...It can be anything,such people will share it if any of us fall or meet with accident,they record it and share it...that should be punished....I am against this public humiliation...

6 minutes ago, riya said:

Think about this scencario....Nirbhaya Rape accused is still in annonymity,yet this family is every where...compare it...and say they ''deserve it''...

Thst is a different issue.

The law needs to be changed regarding minors doing hard crime.

That doesn't justify the action of these people.

They took away objects from the hotel....not sugar and coffee.

They knew what they were doing.

What are their kids learning from seeing adults steal like this?

Is that not bad for them ?

No body is blaming the kids....but parents can't go scotfree because they have children around them.

If they care about the kids,they would not be stealing in front of them.

The sympathy is misplaced. 

We should worry about the influence of these adults on the kids rather than the social media.

Social media will forget it and find something else interesting tomorrow....but these kids will be living with these adults for a long time 

24 minutes ago, riya said:

Stealing is a crime....but treat them like the worst criminals by uploading and sharing it every where is a bad culture...It can be anything,such people will share it if any of us fall or meet with accident,they record it and share it...that should be punished....I am against this public humiliation...

These days people have to be careful.

Everyone has a camera in their hands.

When we see a policeman being recorded and shamed for peeing in public or taking bribe....why do we not feel bad for him?

Or when we see a cctv camera recording of a robbery in a shop  ? Why do we not feel bad for the robber who is shown all over?

How is this any different ?

Other than the fact that this time they were caught in front of their kids.

Would it be fine if cctv recording was made public instead of a camera recording? 

Or people should not be caught and exposed when they are with kids?

A lot of  pickpockets in Delhi metro carry small kids to detract people.

I do agree this culture of recording and posting to get likes and views is a bit OTT and needs some rules .

Edited by beetle