nevada

Sunil Gavaskar tears into BCCI selection committee, calls them ‘lame ducks’

True.

1983 world cup win by Kapil Dev

1984 bad loss against almighty west indies

lost his captaincy

1984-95 Gavaskar captain

That is not the case anymore. There is no accountability. Default captain. Indian team is not RCB tolerating a captain for 7 or 8 years with no result. There they care about brand. WHy is INdian team caring about brand.

7 minutes ago, VT87 said:

I'm always wonder, does kohli eat tobacco?his lower lip looks like a someone who eats tobacco more often than not. :hmmmm2: in our UP who holds tobacco underneath  their lower lips ,their lips look same as kohli. :confused:

He is too much of a health freak and brand conscious to do that

2 hours ago, retired_hurt said:

I thought Chika was the worst chairman of selectors, but this msk prasad is making him look like an Einstein.

Chika might sound casual and unpolished, but he picked a world cup winning squad. The current bunch of selectors allowed themselves to be utterly bullied by Kohli. They did have good ideas like bringing in the spin twins, talking positively about Pant and Gill, etc but weren't forceful due to their own light weighted cricketing resumes and awe of Kohli's stature.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

True.

1983 world cup win by Kapil Dev

1984 bad loss against almighty west indies

lost his captaincy

1984-95 Gavaskar captain

That is not the case anymore. There is no accountability. Default captain. Indian team is not RCB tolerating a captain for 7 or 8 years with no result. There they care about brand. WHy is INdian team caring about brand.

And in 1985, Gavaskar stepped down as captain after winning the world championship of cricket. Stepping down right after winning a major championship is something you can never, ever expect from the current generation of entitled players. 

45 minutes ago, Vilander said:

gavaskar wants Rohit sharma to be captain lol, mumbai lobby. But Kohli should have offered to resign from LOI captainship.

Mumbai lobby still better than chusky lobby. 

Forget Rohit, Kohli etc Leech Dhoni still doesn't want to retire. Kedar Jadhav also strangely (not so) manages to stay. :hysterical:

ms-dhoni-being-fed-by-kedar-jadhav-with-

Edited by Pollack

6 hours ago, nevada said:

Problem is with the Asian Cricketing structure. The Asian structure does not put the responsibility of defeat on the stakeholders enough. Thats why even after defeats in ICC tournaments , Defeats in Bilaterals  - hardly anything changes. Compare this with the structure that Australia or England have - even South Africa. Even 1 or 2 defeats trigger them to rebalance the team . 

Its not just selection committee. Its the TM, the captain everyone. Hardly anything changes. 

The structure needs to change here and for good !!!!!!!

Make Rohit captain of ODI team but please drop him from test squad. He doesn't deserve his place in longer format. Time to phase out Rahane as well with maybe someone like Shubhman Gill batting at 5.

Time to drop Dhoni & Jadhav from LOI squad as well.

Even though Gavaskar is right in this case, but he seems like biased towards players from my home state.

All this nepotism makes me sick, don't think I can follow LOI team with current management. It's comparatively better in test squad as far selection is concerned.

4 hours ago, Vilander said:

gavaskar wants Rohit sharma to be captain lol, mumbai lobby. But Kohli should have offered to resign from LOI captainship.

Someone needs to remove CSK mafia and only Mumbai lobby has thr power 

8 hours ago, VT87 said:

I'm always wonder, does kohli eat tobacco?his lower lip looks like a someone who eats tobacco more often than not. :hmmmm2: in our UP who holds tobacco underneath  their lower lips ,their lips look same as kohli. :confused:

More likely from eating Duck lips.

1 hour ago, DGBOSS said:

Pity how we Indians are consoling ourselves with our ordinary WC performance. 7 wins in a  row my foot !!!!!!! You dont get anything if you fail to win when it matters. !!!!!

Agreed. I was ok if we lost semis after a strong fight 

we looked like a rusty engine driven by three bulls ( Sharma bumrah and Gabbar) we had a fourth bull whom we strangely didn’t pick ( shami ) as we chose a mule to pull our cart when we were already one bull short 

somebody shot our remaining bull Sharma and match was lost . 

We we looked like a team which should not have reached semis . It’s sad that Rohit got many chances - this team was no better than the 2007 one 

3 hours ago, DGBOSS said:

Pity how we Indians are consoling ourselves with our ordinary WC performance. 7 wins in a  row my foot !!!!!!! You dont get anything if you fail to win when it matters. !!!!!

But they don’t get to the game that matters without winning those 7 games. Those games mattered too.

2 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Manjrekar poking his nose everywhere to show he still exists... If not for the guy he called 'bits and pieces' cricketer, the semi final loss would have been as narrow as 150 runs

Still a once in a blue moon innings. Infact thanks to him Jadeja got triggered.

Well  said Mr:Sunil Gavaskar. Hope more & more of these good-great ex-players come in the open and criticize team performance.This is because, it is their opinions that have lot more weightages  than that of ordinary fans.

13 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Should rename himself as Ganjarekar,must be smoking some peculiar kind of Ganja these days,even the word "moron"  seems a compliment to him....expect more sh!!ty things from him

Gaanju - * + ganjeri

13 hours ago, DGBOSS said:

It's like coming every time number 4th in sprint, atleast there you get silver and bronze for second and third.

21 hours ago, VT87 said:

May be he is putting the lower lip to some ‘unmentionable’ use..blame Bhabhi ji..:phehe:

On 7/29/2019 at 5:39 PM, vvvslaxman said:

We know. He is accidentally right in this case :) 

On 7/29/2019 at 5:43 PM, beetle said:

We know.

Even then we are fine with it :p:

So sick of kohli.

On 7/29/2019 at 6:16 PM, prudent_kreeda said:

Nothing wrong in Rohit being captain in short format. SG is absolutely right.

23 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes thats his intention but it works for us .....

tbh I do think hes a far better option than Virat , but its funny how Gavaskar is selectively vocal though

20 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

I dont think Kohli is a good test captain either,you need more than 2 hands to count the number of mistakes he has made in selections.

Viart has been extremely lucky that there are no great teams around , especially in longer format . Even in ODIs a mediocre Bangla team is one of the better teams around , says a lot about the quality of cricket . Only England in LOIs is truly world class .