Prithvi shaw suspended for doping violation

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Terbutaline isn't a steroid. It's a medicine for asthma. Anyway, a batsman has no benefits from steroids.

Terbutaline is an anabolic steroid- it increases the protein mass of muscles,thus,increasing the power.More power means batsmen can hit ball harder and longer.It is under the list of performance enhancing substances for a reason.

14 minutes ago, vaul said:

Terbutaline is an anabolic steroid- it increases the protein mass of muscles,thus,increasing the power.More power means batsmen can hit ball harder and longer.It is under the list of performance enhancing substances for a reason.

terbutaline isnt an anabolic steroid.

15 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

You need to read up on how genes are transmitted, how gene expression skip generations, or stay dormant, taking into account both mother and father sides.

You literally have zero knowledge about Shaw's particular case, a shallow knowledge of steroids and genes if I were to be charitable, and yet spouting nonsense recklessly.

Maybe the bullshit gene expressing itself in you?

Look,I am not biased against Shaw.He has performed reasonably well in past and still has chance to come clean -its not all over for him.

But why are you trying to defend a cheater so desperately. BCCI banned him for a reason -did I ask them to do so ? Do you think anti-dope tests are fake and you are above the scientists who designed these tests over decades ?

Narsingh Yadav,olympics qualified wrestler,was also making excuses like Shaw once found positive.

I am only against the dishonest means to enhance the performance.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Last 12 tests, average of 22. Lucky he is still getting picked. A LOI legend like Yuvraj got 40 tests, Domestic legend Jaffer got 31 tests, Dhawan has a far better record after 34 tests but is out of the team, Rohit with a better test record is rightly called a failure. 

N ur telling me players havent gone through such phase

A gr8 like tendulkar avg 17 in 2003 in test cricket .....if u dont have patience n stop saying lets get youngsters. 

N what has rohit done overseas??? Rahul has 100 in aus, eng, wI 

1 hour ago, vaul said:

Moderate average of 35 in 56 innings is a poor indicator-does not matter where his centuries came.

100s in overseas matter coz player who has the ability to get run overseas dont fall from tree every day 

1 hour ago, vaul said:

His s/r in 68 list-A matches is only 74,with average of 37.78. That means those averaging around 50,with s/r near 90, in domestic list -A should be neglected !

how does that s/r matter when the same guy has the best s/r for India in t20 and has a 100 at 4 

1 hour ago, vaul said:

He is only successful in t20 where you find easiest of pitches to bat,and he has good range of t20 shots.

what green tracks will u find in t20 and when ull pretty much everyone will struggle 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

100s in overseas matter coz player who has the ability to get run overseas dont fall from tree every day 

how does that s/r matter when the same guy has the best s/r for India in t20 and has a 100 at 4 

what green tracks will u find in t20 and when ull pretty much everyone will struggle 

Brother,if statistical facts of his low average and s/r do not convince you,then,nothing else can.I thought you might be unaware of these stats.I agreed that he deserves place in t20.Let us see what he does in upcoming series.

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

N ur telling me players havent gone through such phase

A gr8 like tendulkar avg 17 in 2003 in test cricket .....if u dont have patience n stop saying lets get youngsters. 

N what has rohit done overseas??? Rahul has 100 in aus, eng, wI 

Rahane is also averaging 24 in last 2-3 years.

1 minute ago, vaul said:

Brother,if statistical facts of his low average and s/r do not convince you,then,nothing else can.I thought you might be unaware of these stats.I agreed that he deserves place in t20.Let us see what he does in upcoming series.

I knw these stats but i knw a lot of players go through this phase and KL is one the best talent avl in the country....and every talent needs backing to gr8 extent 

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Rahane is also averaging 24 in last 2-3 years.

M not in favor of dropping rahane as well.......he is quality player

21 minutes ago, ungboysj said:

Don't believe this bullshit of cough syrup

Don't think such low intake is registered

Sad that he has started taking banned substance such young age

it is not a a low intake.  Terbutaline is completely banned by wada and any intake is prohibited and requires therapeutic use exemption.

Edited by rkt.india
54 minutes ago, ungboysj said:

Don't believe this bullshit of cough syrup

Don't think such low intake is registered

Sad that he has started taking banned substance such young age

I agree with you completely.Most players make excuses after being found positive.

As far as these tests are concerned,they are designed only to detect the long-time usage.Every measure is made to ensure that false positives are avoided -that's why two samples are taken.Both samples of Shaw are found positive which indicates that he is using banned substance for long time.

2 minutes ago, vaul said:

I agree with you completely.Most players make excuses after being found positive.

As far as these tests are concerned,they are designed only to detect the long-time usage.Every measure is made to ensure that false positives are avoided -that's why two samples are taken.Both samples of Shaw are found positive which indicates that he is using banned substance for long time.

Abey, you dont neeed long time usage to detect it.  He had taken the syrup when he was tested and terbutaline is prohibited completely by Wada.  He could only got detected because he had taken it recently when was tested to recover quickly form cough to play the VIjay Hazare tournament and it was taken during the tournament.  Terbutaline anyway is no benefit to a cricketer.

I am surprised to read that most comments in this thread are as dishonest as Shaw -most people here are defending Shaw by backing his falsified story of cough syrup.

Anti-dope testing is not meant to destroy career of players,rather to identify the "cheaters". These tests ensure that  someone must not be found positive falsely -therefore 2nd sample is taken if first is found positive.Positive threshold level of substance detected in second sample indicates that player is using it for long time.Therefore using cough syrup for one week or so does not lead to positive second sample.In other words Shaw is using banned substance at least for months.My conjecture is that he has been using banned substance/s for years,if one looks at looks at his hair loss and physique.

As far as his comeback performance is concerned,"it will never be same" - mark my words. Punjab batsman Abishek Gupta was also found positive for same substance,and once he returned after ban,his performance diminished drastically. In wrestling also,I have never seen wrestlers half of what they were on performance enhancing substances.So,in that way Shaw will be more exposed when his s/r will drop to an extent that people will not believe in his falsified cough syrup stories any more.

regardless of whether it's "fair" or not, this ban will probably diminish shaw's ability. plenty of players from domestic or int'l cricket got banned and were rarely the same players as before. since this can also happen to him, time to bring in panchal and gill into the backup opener slots with panchal as an outside candidate. fortunately, we have enough options at this position: Mayank, Gill, Easwaran, KLR and Panchal (in this order IMO).