Rohit tight slap to Kohli - "I dont just walk out for my team, I walk out for my country"

16 minutes ago, Insidious said:

Fact is even Sachin struggled against seam + swing in Odis. Check Sachin's record in South Africa in odis. Even in Australia till 2008 , Sachin struggled to cope against seam + swing in Odis. 

Sachin was one bat who only got beaten no more than once, at best twice in whole of his inning. His S/R is still comparable to current flat track no swing bullies.

What does it tells you. When he got out in slips, It was and is him who could have nicked that ball. Not most, IMO, every batsmen will be simply beaten to that delivery, as none were/are good enough to even reach to that ball

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, BERGKAMP said:

No doubt Kohli has turned into a  self serving egotistical kunt in the last couple of years

Most of the fans on ICF know it so no doubt most decent players in the team will also know

Question is now how to get rid of him, I am willing to sacrifice Kohli the batsman for good now for the sake of the teams future

Hopefully Rohit can lead some kind of insurgent coup 

Same here. A healthy team where 3-4 different batsmen can win the game at different times is any day preferable to one where one superstar hogs all batting records but the rest keep getting shunted in and out of the team.

2 hours ago, Insidious said:

Fact is even Sachin struggled against seam + swing in Odis. Check Sachin's record in South Africa in odis. Even in Australia till 2008 , Sachin struggled to cope against seam + swing in Odis. 

Every god damn batsmen has struggled in swinging condition remember the match where india got out on 100....ATG aus team were also brought down to 55-5 by indian mediocre bowling attack. But that's not the point, swing or no swing give the pressure situation like 15 wc sf , ct 17 final and wc 19 sf biletral king MR. Chokeli ll **** in his pants, now out of these 3 only 19 sf was swinging pitch. So no need to make fun of rohit who actually was the saving grace and only due to his batting and bumrah brilliance we reached to sf.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

if Rohit somehow replaces Kohli as captain in about 2 years after the event, we will have this same thread in ICF against Rohit and for Gill or something. 

its a cycle and it goes on..

Not happening. Rahane, a potential threat to Kohli as Test captain, has been on a down slide ever since 4th Test vs Aus in India (in which he captained). Pujara, another threat, was nearly destroyed before rising from the threat.

Rohit is the next target. Will soon be in and out of the team. Publicly Kohli will speak positively on him and wait for the right opportunity to strike.

59 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Not happening. Rahane, a potential threat to Kohli as Test captain, has been on a down slide ever since 4th Test vs Aus in India (in which he captained). Pujara, another threat, was nearly destroyed before rising from the threat.

Rohit is the next target. Will soon be in and out of the team. Publicly Kohli will speak positively on him and wait for the right opportunity to strike.

Did Kohli ask Rahane to stink, it is batting you as batsman have full control on your innings other than runs out.Same with Pujara till recently from middle of England series.

So this notion that Pujara and Rahane were destroyed by Kohli is just ridiculous. It is like Gambhir blaming Dhoni for being kicked out of the team.Gambhir stunk post world cup 2011 and was rightfully kicked out.

It is a pity nobody is kicking Dhoni out.

Did Kohli ask Rahane to stink, it is batting you as batsman have full control on your innings other than runs out.Same with Pujara till recently from middle of England series.

So this notion that Pujara and Rahane were destroyed by Kohli is just ridiculous. It is like Gambhir blaming Dhoni for being kicked out of the team.Gambhir stunk post world cup 2011 and was rightfully kicked out.
Rahane had a form slump,but Pujara was handled badly by Kohli he was dropped for low strike rate in test cricket then he was made to sit out in test in England.
6 hours ago, putrevus said:

If you don’t believe powerful captains cannot make or break careers, then there is nothing left to debate.

Rahane was dropped in SA in early 2018 because he had one bad series vs SL at home (ironically with Rohit, at that time in Kohli’s good books). This was when he was the VC of the team and just 5 tests ago, had led us to a win in the series decider vs Aus.

Pujara was dropped vs WI in 2016 using the excuse of ‘slow batting’ and then again last year vs Eng for poor form (one bad series in SA) - systematic targeting to make players insecure.

This is straight out of Dhoni book of captaincy- destroy all potential threats one by one. Sehwag and Gambhir were targeted since 2011 for being slow and publicly humiliated by the captain.

7 hours ago, putrevus said:

agreed.

I, NameGoesHere, get up every week day to not just go to work for my company and collect a fat paycheck, but MORE to make a positive contribution to the Indian economy.  Ya dig, panchos?

I don't now the context in which tailunt said that he doesn't just walk out for team, but country. 

However, no offence to Rohit, I'm happy he just walks out for his team, ok?  The grand country/patriotism thing will take care of itself if he does the team thing well.

Edit: these big words about nation, patriotism, are becoming over used and losing their meaning fast if we begin to ascribe everything to them. 

Edited by NameGoesHere
22 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

It is the tightest possible slap and I'm glad it came from the best player from the country. I'm sure Rohit's days are numbered but he can hold his head high that he did stand up against the tyrant destroying Indian cricket.

Rohit is a power figure of Indian cricket, don't underestimate his prowess authority over this team its no less than Virushka,Why?

Because he has got the most powerful franchise and business family behind him which owns the most expensive franchise in the world,Rohit stakes his claim on the back of a tremendous track record in IPL leadership which Virushka's CV clearly lacks,i don't think he will go unheard

Edited by Suhaan
16 hours ago, CG said:
22 hours ago, putrevus said:

Rahane had a form slump,but Pujara was handled badly by Kohli he was dropped for low strike rate in test cricket then he was made to sit out in test in England.

How long is slump supposed to last.Rahane has played 56 tests and averages 40.If you take out his intiall success, it is a crime that this bozo is still vice captain of this team.I am baffled that people are defending him.

There is no wonder India lost all those series when you have one opener who cannot reach double figures in four continents in Rahul and Vice captain who stinks and has no clue how to handle spinners. 

When Pujara was dropped it was 2016, he deserved to be dropped, all Pujara was doing is ruining the momentum of the innings and getting out .Pujara was dropped for first test in England due to his form in county cricket.

Edited by putrevus