Move over Brat Papa's in town

R!TTER

I'd say SS' SF knock really moved his all round pedigree to a new level, there were many (including me) who said that Brat was the better overall batter however if you discount T20I SS is right now easily better in the other 2 formats. Even T20I he's been good but not godly, so yeah there's much room for improvement.

16 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Well there's more than 3 KO failures if you count all KO he's played in, however on the ether end he's done exceptionally well in 2 WT20's so there's that.

I wanted to specify ICC ODI Knockouts, He came good only CT final of 2013 which was rain derailed game, and played quite good knock in FINAL of 2011 wc, but one expects more than single digit score in KO from someone who is piling up runs at average of almost 100 (In 2018 his average is over 100)

IN T20s, he is without doubt best batsman.

7 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

In Post innings show, 

Bob Willis-You can keep your Virat Kohli, Joe Root and KW to one side but this is batting from different stratosphere.

Alec Stewart-He is modern day Bradman.

Kane should not be understated. He scored runs in the semis and led his team to a WC final tie. Not to forget his masterclass 2nd innings display in the desert last year. He along with Smith is different gravy and clutch, its proven now. The Rat can take all his ODI records and build his brand.

9 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

I wanted to specify ICC ODI Knockouts, He came good only CT final of 2013 which was rain derailed game, and played quite good knock in FINAL of 2011 wc, but one expects more than single digit score in KO from someone who is piling up runs at average of almost 100 (In 2018 his average is over 100)

IN T20s, he is without doubt best batsman.

He's played 10 KO in ICC ODI tourneys, has at best 2 or 3 good knocks. His best was in 2011 finals IMO, the win vs BD in 2017 CT was down to the bowlers on a super flat deck. I'd say given his reputation he has flopped badly, however I'll also add that he got out early each time & that's partly down to vulnerability of new batters at the crease. The point I'm making is that he isn't equipped to handle swing, seam in crunch games & unlike SS he doesn't always put his ego away (unlike his scripted responses when defending a loss) when things aren't going for him. In T20I we rarely see tough tracks, but yeah he's been great in that format.

29 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Kane should not be understated. He scored runs in the semis and led his team to a WC final tie. Not to forget his masterclass 2nd innings display in the desert last year. He along with Smith is different gravy and clutch, its proven now. The Rat can take all his ODI records and build his brand.

Agree. If anyone from fab four has best technique to play in tough conditions then it's Kane Williamson. 

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

I'd say SS' SF knock really moved his all round pedigree to a new level, there were many (including me) who said that Brat was the better overall batter however if you discount T20I SS is right now easily better in the other 2 formats. Even T20I he's been good but not godly, so yeah there's much room for improvement.

In odis Smith is a clutch player but he is not better than Kohli. Just because VVS laxman is clutch test Batsman, does it mean he is better than Tendulkar? 

If you apply the same logic then Gambhir > Tendulkar in Odis because he is more clutch player than Tendulkar.

2 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Knock in a lost cause like Dhoni in 2015 and 2019.