Sign in to follow this  
Stuge

Smithian Fans Unite - Smith's Fan club

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Same here. 

Very grudgingly.  I can't stand cheaters; am not sure how one can so easily forgive a serial cheater.  TBH, the guy should not even be playing the game at this level, his batting talent notwithstanding.  He brought huge disrepute to the game.  But then again, fact that the Ozzie coach is Justin Bailtap Langer shows that they are cheap ba$tards.    

30 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

if Smith was there, Rat would have not won the test series against Australia. Even without Smith, Rat managed to lose a test to Australia. Such a filthy leader!

If Sandpaper did not cheat his a$$ off, he'd have been there.  His own effin doing.  Rat played with the hand he was dealt and won. 

23 minutes ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

If Sandpaper did not cheat his a$$ off, he'd have been there.  His own effin doing.  Rat played with the hand he was dealt and won. 

Rat lost a match to that shite Australia side without Smith and Warner. Rat's true place was shown in the world cup. 

21 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Rat lost a match to that shite Australia side without Smith and Warner. Rat's true place was shown in the world cup. 

And Smith and Warner's true place (talent notwithstanding) is to be mercenaries playing in insignificant T-20 leagues. 

Edited by ExtremeBrainfade

Never Smither here, but SS is ticking more boxes than any other modern day batter. Would be interested to see how he goes in his off peak years, that is what'll define him.

Edited by R!TTER

22 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Never Smither here, but SS is ticking more boxes than any other modern day batter. Would be interested to see how he goes in his off peak years, that is what'll define him.

his peak years are yet to come I feel. of course, after that there will be a decline but I think we will see that from 35 onwards. if he can score at an avg of 60-70 for the next 5 yrs, this will cement his avg and reputation forever.

57 minutes ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

Very grudgingly.  I can't stand cheaters; am not sure how one can so easily forgive a serial cheater.  TBH, the guy should not even be playing the game at this level, his batting talent notwithstanding.  He brought huge disrepute to the game.  But then again, fact that the Ozzie coach is Justin Bailtap Langer shows that they are cheap ba$tards.    

Not necessarily. Just giving credit where it is due, that's all. 

16 hours ago, cricketfan28 said:

Not a fan, but has my respect. 

+1. Admire the man for scoring truck load of runs for his team. off the fab 4 I like Kane Williamson's batting and technique more but Smith is undoubtedly the number 1.

17 hours ago, singhprakash72 said:

Exceptional batsman ...considering he started as a bowler and mediocre batsman his rise is Phenomenal....but remember Talent ≠ Integrity. 

True back back in 2011-12 many considered him as worst player to play for aus. When i saw him first time around 2013 he looked pretty mediocre player to me honestly.

7 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

I used to think Smith was a common name that had nothing special to it. Till I saw this man Steve Smith.

he should be called runsmith, like goldsmith and blacksmith because this guy can manufacture runs like no one (currently around) in test cricket

We saw you cry on the telly. Cry on the teeeeeeeelly. We saw you cry on the telly.

He may think he's winning by scoring heavily despite the taunts of the English fans, but it isn't about trying to put him off, we know that isn't going to happen. It's about reminding him that whatever he does in his career, he will always be a cheat who tried to cheat fellow professionals, and oversaw a bullying culture of fellow professionals both in the opposition and on the same side. 

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

he should be called runsmith, like goldsmith and blacksmith because this guy can manufacture runs like no one (currently around) in test cricket

You can’t teach a player to play this way. It comes from your own ability to withstand pressure. What he did was show a competitors spirit. Never say never attitude with sheer guts to stick it out with the bat. He inherited this fighting spirit from the legends of Australian cricket. 

Awesome player. Remember few posters trying to undermine him saying he has scored in pattas of Australia mostly or bashed weak Indian bowlers on flat pitches. The truth is this guy has so much grit and determination and mental strength atm that technique and quality of pitches and bowlers doesn't really matter.

3 hours ago, cricketfan28 said:

why can;t we have a player like him ?

just poach him like eng does with many of their players :) if we can import smith and kane, our top 3-6 will be super formidable. chepu, kane, smith and rat.

Found this gem in youtube, just look how chubby he looks 10 years ago.Shows that how he has transformed himself and worked on his fitness,too.Our media creates documentary on how chubby Kohli went on to become fitness freak but doesnt give damn about how he pisses in his pants while delivering in crunch matches.

10 hours ago, Pollack said:

Awesome player. Remember few posters trying to undermine him saying he has scored in pattas of Australia mostly or bashed weak Indian bowlers on flat pitches. The truth is this guy has so much grit and determination and mental strength atm that technique and quality of pitches and bowlers doesn't really matter.

My early memory of him is watching him playing in that rubbish CLT20 for NSW in 2010..He debuted in test same year and never knew he will turn out to be the greatest test batsman of this decade.Even I was critical of Michael Clarke who was for some reason stubborn enough to stick with him during 2013 Ashes.