Sundar getting praise from Virat Kohli!

nsareen

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/fitter-leaner-outstanding-composure-virat-kohli-identifies-youngster-as-big-factor-for-india-in-t20s/story-y9GO8oz4BgT507gewWepNL.html

“He’s become fitter, leaner and is very handy with the bat as well. He is definitely going to be a factor for us,” added Kohli.

good for the youngster, had to to be on the sidelines due to injury & form, good to see him getting the backing of the captain..

2 minutes ago, Pandya_Power said:

Good prospect for LOIs. I'd still be on the lookout for a proper Test offie to replace Ashwin. Someone who doesn't experiment a lot and gets proper drift and purchase off the surface. Feels like its been ages since India has produced a classical offie. 

Offies are getting obsolete in Indian domestic cricket filled with left arm spinners.  There is no good old off spinner in domestics. Amir Gani I thought could be good but not there yet.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Offies are getting obsolete in Indian domestic cricket filled with left arm spinners.  There is no good old off spinner in domestics. Amir Gani I thought could be good but not there yet.

Yeah I haven't seen any young offies in the IPL either, who could be good Test prospects. Most of them bowl at >90 kph

Atleast the leg spinning stocks are decent.

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

such a sad thing.. you cannot win overseas tests with the existing left arm spinners or wrist spinners who cannot use the rough of a right hander. 

That Jayant Yadav who played a lone test a couple of years ago seemed like an old fashioned offie? Any idea what happened to him?

Sarandeep Singh, who is a selector these days, was another classic offie. There really haven't been too many in the ast couple of decades have their. The kind of ones that succeed on Indian pitches don't get it done abroad!

53 minutes ago, Pandya_Power said:

That Jayant Yadav who played a lone test a couple of years ago seemed like an old fashioned offie? Any idea what happened to him?

Sarandeep Singh, who is a selector these days, was another classic offie. There really haven't been too many in the ast couple of decades have their. The kind of ones that succeed on Indian pitches don't get it done abroad!

Jayant has just come back with injury last three months . He is a good prospect for future 

3 hours ago, Vk1 said:

such a sad thing.. you cannot win overseas tests with the existing left arm spinners or wrist spinners who cannot use the rough of a right hander. 

Rahul chahar is the kind of bowler can win test overseas but we ll need a few years to wait for him to develop as test bowler