Government set to abrogate article 370

Stradlater

4 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Laddhakis will be very happy today they will no longer be called as Kashmiri's and will have their own identity.

Ladakhis never liked to be called Kashmiris? I know it's a Tibetan Buddhist majority region but never knew they disliked being called Kashmiris.

The fears on both (actually all 3 sides):

BJP: 
Muslims don't deserve any autonomy while they will kick out all Hindus from the Valley and impose their Islamic Sharia, even unofficially. Kashmiris are blackmailing India at moment through their special status. 

Pakistan: 
It is a start and if Pak Army does not react, then next step of BJP is to cancel the Indus water treaty and Baluchistan will see a lot of insurgency. Indian army is testing Pakistan at moment. After that, it will go full time against Pakistan. 

Kashmiris:

I don't have full information about Kashmiri politics. 

I assume that insurgency in Kashmir was at low level till 2014, and perhaps a sizeable amount of Kashmiris want to stay with India. That is why Pakistan didn't get much success in Kashmir as it got in Afghanistan while locals were not interested in insurgency. 

But I am very sure that Kashmiri Muslims don't like BJP and it has been perceived as an extreme threat for the Muslims. Thus the insurgency once again automatically increased in form of Burhan Wani during BJP time. 

I don't think BJP could win any elections in Kashmir in near future, while not a single political party has been left which is taking side of BJP. Thus there will be only be presidential rule in Kashmir for the next 30-40 years. 

The most important question is if insurgency is going to increase and will the locals take the arms against the BJP led government? 

Surely, BJP will try to counter it like the Israel-Palestine model. 

Had congress taken such step, then perhaps some Kashmiris would have not been so much worries. But with the present image of BJP, I don't think BJP will get any Kashmiri at it's side. 

3 hours ago, Asim said:

Modi making fool of himself thinking ind can do an israel... the fact is he is going to set whole india on fire...

Entire India is supportive of the move - those who don't support this move in J&K, already didn't support India. 

Kashmiris still have 100% of citizen rights that rest of the country has.  And btw Asim, if this is such a bad move, you really ought to ask yourself why Pakistan did the same thing by splitting Gilgit Baltistan out, selling a part of Kashmir to China, and ruling "azaad Kashmir" with a Pakistan-appointed governor. 

9 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Not the best of decisions. This has the potential to blow up in our faces and our credibility will be shot . However, it's a very bold move I must say 

More issues:

* It is one man (one party) show up till now. Therefore, Congress is not on board. In fact India is not fully united on this decision at moment which could cause more problems. 

* Other States will become fearful too. I don't think they will support BJP on this. 

But just like elections, BJP is hoping to overcome all the opposition at it's own. 

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Entire India is supportive of the move - those who don't support this move in J&K, already didn't support India. 

Kashmiris still have 100% of citizen rights that rest of the country has.  And btw Asim, if this is such a bad move, you really ought to ask yourself why Pakistan did the same thing by splitting Gilgit Baltistan out, selling a part of Kashmir to China, and ruling "azaad Kashmir" with a Pakistan-appointed governor. 

Pakistani held Kashmir has hardly problems of any insurgency or opposition if we compare it to Indian held Kashmir. 

Gilgit/Baltistan seems to be little more troublesome area for Pakistan, but again cannot be compared with the troubles with Indian held Kashmir. 

I don't know how good relations does BJP has with Indian Shia community (especially of Kashmir/Ladakh). If they are going to support BJP?

Regarding Sunnis, there were some moderates who were with Congress's India, but doubt anyone will support the BJP led India. 

Southern Indian states could see this step from BJP as a threat too for them. 

Move may be good, but BJP hard Hindutva face is a hurdle to it. 

38 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

The fears on both (actually all 3 sides):

BJP: 
Muslims don't deserve any autonomy while they will kick out all Hindus from the Valley and impose their Islamic Sharia, even unofficially. Kashmiris are blackmailing India at moment through their special status. 

Kashmiris:

I don't have full information about Kashmiri politics. 

You seem to have info on  a lot of Indian things .. Troll