Government set to abrogate article 370

Stradlater

21 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

More issues:

* It is one man (one party) show up till now. Therefore, Congress is not on board. In fact India is not fully united on this decision at moment which could cause more problems. 

* Other States will become fearful too. I don't think they will support BJP on this. 

But just like elections, BJP is hoping to overcome all the opposition at it's own. 

Alam Bhai. I know you do not have much info. BJP has lots of leader. Most of these leaders are very shrewd, They can play top level politics against a lot of well known leaders of International Politics. Only common thing about top BJPites is , they are all nationalist first.

If you sometime get chance, Hear the debates of these BJPites vs other parties on any issue. You will see there is a dayligh difference between them and others. So no. No need to bring Congress on board. Congress is as good as irrelevant

37 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Pakistani held Kashmir has hardly problems of any insurgency or opposition if we compare it to Indian held Kashmir. 

Gilgit/Baltistan seems to be little more troublesome area for Pakistan, but again cannot be compared with the troubles with Indian held Kashmir. 

I don't know how good relations does BJP has with Indian Shia community (especially of Kashmir/Ladakh). If they are going to support BJP?

Regarding Sunnis, there were some moderates who were with Congress's India, but doubt anyone will support the BJP led India. 

Southern Indian states could see this step from BJP as a threat too for them. 

Move may be good, but BJP hard Hindutva face is a hurdle to it. 

Why would other states fear?were they not part of India before?

If J&K is given a normal status what's all the fuss about it? They are coming into mainstream

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Why would other states fear?were they not part of India before?

I may be wrong, but I feel that these states will fear for issues like imposition of Hindi and North Indian hardcore Hindutva by BJP by using power and making all laws/constitution null and void for it's purpose. 

If J&K is given a normal status what's all the fuss about it? They are coming into mainstream

I feel that in no way people (especially Sunni Muslims) are thinking as you are thinking. 

For them it is BJP assault on them, their rights, and BJP will make them 2nd class citizens in their area too as it has made Muslims 2nd class citizens in other parts of India. 

The hardcore Hindutva face of BJP is the biggest hurdle in any peaceful transition. 

Nevertheless, BJP may succeed in forced transition too following the Israel-Palestine model, or Chinese model. 

53 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Pakistani held Kashmir has hardly problems of any insurgency or opposition if we compare it to Indian held Kashmir. 

Yeah, because anybody who wants to stay alive won't dare utter as much as a peep.  And India isn't flooding Pak-admin Kashmir with illiterate murderers and weapons.  

10 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

I may be wrong, but I feel that these states will fear for issues like imposition of Hindi and North Indian hardcore Hindutva by BJP by using power and making all laws/constitution null and void for it's purpose. 

I feel that in no way people (especially Sunni Muslims) are thinking as you are thinking. 

For them it is BJP assault on them, their rights, and BJP will make them 2nd class citizens in their area too as it has made Muslims 2nd class citizens in other parts of India. 

The hardcore Hindutva face of BJP is the biggest hurdle in any peaceful transition. 

Nevertheless, BJP may succeed in forced transition too following the Israel-Palestine model, or Chinese model. 

Had they assaulted any of the states they couldn't have come with a landslide victory,so don't gossip

I see massive agitation in pakistan itself,you must be talking about pakistan more by being oversmart here

28 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

I think, I understand the angle you are coming from. Inherently Indian system is very cohesive. So most of states are down to local culture and admin purpose only. Ie They all believe in India and say someone from Gujrat speaks Gujrati, for general purpose, if visits a Government Adminstrative office (For example Police Satation) , the Government employees there should understand him. In India there are so many languages, How the hell someone from Punjab will undertsannd Assames or Kannada. So Assam will have local Assmese Police man under State Government.

But thats about it. All the laws, all the rights are same in every state. Both Central Government and state Government are supposed to work in development. Central generally controls constitution, tax, laws.

System for Kashmir was unacceptable to Indians, Say abolotion of Tripple Talaq, It became a law as soon as it was passed in all of India except Kashmir where it required Local Assembley to pass it again.  Indian states are more cohesive then Pakistans provincial structure.

Take another example. Shiv Sena and Bal Thakrey made so much voise that Mubai for Marathis. But it was classed as stanadard unlawfull activity at local level as well because Police follows the laws made by centre.

Now you can draw anaology to all that in various other space like Land, Education, Job, Infra, Industry and so on

Edited by mishra

10 minutes ago, Epic said:

What about article 35A?  It is still there? 

States like Himachal, and Uttarkhand also have law which prohibit outsiders from buying land.

35A itself is void now after 370. In uttarakhand, people can't buy agricultural land but commercial land.

5 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

What exactly would blow up? Could you take us through this blowing up that you clearly seem to have worked out?

the muftis and abbullahs wont just let this go and saying nothing of the separatists,they are just not going to keep this a Kashmir issue now.

1 minute ago, sarchasm said:

It's been a few hours already, life in Kashmir is normal. The separatists are in jail. Or in hiding.

Why hasn't riots broken out already?

Even if a well planned riot is on the way, should that be a justification for not revoking article 370? Do you think Kashmir issue will go away on it's own?