Congrats All Indians !

beetle

3 minutes ago, mishra said:

I doubt anyone will oppose it. BTW, legally , Parliament vote is not needed. Its done and dusted. 

Kudos to Doval Modi and team. They had thought of various angles

Clearly you didn't see the RS proceedings. 

Opposition created a ruckus and wouldn't let Shah speak. 

5 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Clearly you didn't see the RS proceedings. 

Opposition created a ruckus and wouldn't let Shah speak. 

Thats different story, Officially they should and will all support now. Only a Politically naive and a fool will oppose it.

Its Master stroke

Edited by mishra

The transition phase might be challenging. More than Pak army I'm worried about brainwashed Kashmiri youths doing ISIS style suicide bombing in retaliation. Hope the transition is peaceful.

Edited by MechEng

Just now, Pratik77 said:

Congress loved to swing axe on their own feets...lol..they had majority so many times in past but couldn't do a thing in Kashmir

They are opposing it. Because they had to proove the people of India that Chacha Nehuru did samrt thing in Kashmir and was better political leader then Sardar Patel. Dynastic politics got Kashmir where it is today

3 minutes ago, MechEng said:

The transition phase is might be challenging. More than Pak army I'm worried about brainwashed Kashmiri youths doing ISIS style suicide bombing in retaliation. Hope the transition is peaceful.

There are just 4-5 districts. They can bomb themselves. Its game over for them. All of them. Governor has allready done great job.

Edited by mishra

29 minutes ago, mishra said:

I doubt anyone will oppose it. BTW, legally , Parliament vote is not needed. Its done and dusted. 

Kudos to Doval Modi and team. They had thought of various angles

Could you elaborate? Is this move permanent, given it could be challenged in SC?

15 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Could you elaborate? Is this move permanent, given it could be challenged in SC?

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/kashmir-article-370-ladakh-jammu-1577321-2019-08-05

SC can not do anything if its passed in Parliament.

Scrapping would have required 2/3rd majority. But process made it to be scarpped by simple majority. i.e just more than half. Check Mate to Sickular/divisive politics

Instead of scrapping Article 370, the government used the power given by the same Article to the President to make the provision ineffective.

Scrapping of Article 370 would, otherwise, require a constitutional amendment under Article 368. But by invoking Article 370(3), the government has cleverly bypassed the amendment route.

Edited by mishra

28 minutes ago, mishra said:

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/kashmir-article-370-ladakh-jammu-1577321-2019-08-05

SC can not do anything if its passed in Parliament.

Scrapping would have required 2/3rd majority. But process made it to be scarpped by simple majority. i.e just more than half. Check Mate to Sickular/divisive politics

Though they had an inkling about abolisihing art -370, the opposition did not see this coming..