Krunal Pandya has won MOM in every overseas series he has played till now

When he got he cap many said here he will be thrashed overseas - well here is an answer he has won MOM in all the overseas series he has played till now - Aus, WI, NZ 

People says he darts - well no he doesn't . He varies his pace n length brilliantly which is why he has been successful till now and even in IPL. Even imad wasim has done very well whose bowling is very identical......so get out of this mindset that u have to turn the ball miles to be successful . 

Krunal now literally owns a place in T20 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
33 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

better then jadeja in t20 ......if he improves his batting against pace soon he ll be challenging jadeja for ODI place

I don't see him challenging jadeja for odi spot now that jadeja has played such innings in worldcup which i totally consider it as fluke. Jadeja is not going to be match winner for india with bat when we need him the most.

39 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

When he got he cap many said here he will be thrashed overseas - well here is an answer he has won MOM in all the overseas series he has played till now - Aus, WI, NZ 

People says he darts - well no he doesn't . He varies his pace n length brilliantly which is why he has been successful till now and even in IPL. Even imad wasim has done very well whose bowling is very identical......so get out of this mindset that u have to turn the ball miles to be successful . 

Krunal now literally owns a place in T20 

Daniel Vettori hardly turned the ball but varied his pace and trajectory beautifully to deceive batsmen.

4 hours ago, Nikola said:

I don't see him challenging jadeja for odi spot now that jadeja has played such innings in worldcup which i totally consider it as fluke. Jadeja is not going to be match winner for india with bat when we need him the most.

Jadeja is already 31.. don't see him playing 2023.

13 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

Krunal Pandya is good for that spot in T20I..  I do like Jadeja better for ODI and definitely Tests... Wash Sundar has to compete with Krunal.

We would have been served well if Yusuf Pathan came off better. 

I am not old on this forum but have watched enough cricket for 3 decades. I personally don't understand the obsession with people writing off everyone who hits 30. Its just better to select players on Talent, utility, performance and fitness. 30 is nothing for Jadeja and I am sure he will still be one of the fittest guys in the team come 2023.. If he doesn't perform, sure take someone else.

A lot of things can happen between now and 2023. Everyone needs chances. We cant write off anyone from now, specially because they turned 30..  Virat and Jadeja are one month apart in age and I am pretty sure fitness wont be a concern as they will be 34 in 2023. Rohit would be 36 and I wont worry if he bats the way he is batting even though he isn't the fittest guy around.

Try youngsters for sure, give them chances.. be patient with them and give them  chances over a good period of time..But there is simply no guarantee that they will come off at the highest level when it matters. Cant force retire people as soon as they hit 30.

well said.

1 hour ago, Cricspin said:

Krunal Pandya is good for that spot in T20I..  I do like Jadeja better for ODI and definitely Tests... Wash Sundar has to compete with Krunal.

I am not old on this forum but have watched enough cricket for 3 decades. I personally don't understand the obsession with people writing off everyone who hits 30. Its just better to select players on Talent, utility, performance and fitness. 30 is nothing for Jadeja and I am sure he will still be one of the fittest guys in the team come 2023.. If he doesn't perform, sure take someone else.

A lot of things can happen between now and 2023. Everyone needs chances. We cant write off anyone from now, specially because they turned 30..  Virat and Jadeja are one month apart in age and I am pretty sure fitness wont be a concern as they will be 34 in 2023. Rohit would be 36 and I wont worry if he bats the way he is batting even though he isn't the fittest guy around.

Try youngsters for sure, give them chances.. be patient with them and give them  chances over a good period of time..But there is simply no guarantee that they will come off at the highest level when it matters. Cant force retire people as soon as they hit 30.

Great to read such calming n balanced views here......

On 8/5/2019 at 6:22 PM, Cricspin said:

yes, there are many talented players who have been ignored because of age. a real pity since some of them might have served the country well for 5-6 yrs