Speech by Ladakh MP on Union Territory Status

sandeep

Lot of people overlook the fact that Ladakh is also part of the Jammu & Kashmir 'dispute'.  Kashmiri Sunnis have been hogging resources illegally and unfairly.  

The crowd of uncles around him come across as a monkey laugh track though.

I don’t understand why no legislature for Ladakh. I know it’s small but it should’ve been given a legislature to further help differentiate it from Kashmir. Ultimately a center rule will never be fully optimized for the locale, that’s why local legislature exist. Since Ladakh is not a separatist threat, I’d have liked to see Ladakh empowered more.

5 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

I don’t understand why no legislature for Ladakh. I know it’s small but it should’ve been given a legislature to further help differentiate it from Kashmir. Ultimately a center rule will never be fully optimized for the locale, that’s why local legislature exist. Since Ladakh is not a separatist threat, I’d have liked to see Ladakh empowered more.

Bordering tibet and china is the strategic reason for permanent UT status without legislature.

5 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

may be state legislature but law and order with Center.