Duleep Trophy 2019

20 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

Gill better not blame the selectors again,he has to show consistency before being picked .

Here are Gill's scores for India-A in the last 10 weeks.

List-A

109 not out

FC 

204 not out

Quite consistent I would say.

And, since India-A scores are considered the stepping stones for Team India selection, he is on the right path.

Moreover, a FC average of 79 at a strike rate of 76 is amazing really.

List-A average of 47 at a SR of 88 is good too.

3 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

Gill better not blame the selectors again,he has to show consistency before being picked .

Amusing comment. Can someone have a FC avg of 79 and LIst A avg of 48 without being consistent? He has played 20 FC innings, scored 50+ in 11 of those with 4 100s. Not sure what more can be expected from a 19 yr old youngster.

4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Amusing comment. Can someone have a FC avg of 79 and LIst A avg of 48 without being consistent? He has played 20 FC innings, scored 50+ in 11 of those with 4 100s. Not sure what more can be expected from a 19 yr old youngster.

He will get his chance soon.

4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

selectors have recency bias,you have to so good that they have no choice to pick you.this is the unfortunate fact in shastri-kohli era.

12 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

selectors have recency bias,you have to so good that they have no choice to pick you.this is the unfortunate fact in shastri-kohli era.

Even with the recency bias, I am sure a 204* scored away from home just 2 weeks back would still count. 

Anyways, Gill’s non-selection post WC is more about the captain (and coach) still not being inclined to give a proper run to a youngster(s).

On 8/27/2019 at 1:40 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Good to see him back in form.....hopefully he piles on runs

Totally agree.  While I don't think he was treated unfairly - he didn't exactly light it up in FC cricket after being dropped -  it is good to see him do the only thing he should - score runs and force the selectors to pick him.  

35 minutes ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

Totally agree.  While I don't think he was treated unfairly - he didn't exactly light it up in FC cricket after being dropped -  it is good to see him do the only thing he should - score runs and force the selectors to pick him.  

after being dropped like that anyone confidence can take a beating. No one likes to go back at a low after doing well 

Did anybody mention Avesh Khan’s amazing achievement here or is everyone being ignorant! What a rear guard stance from him
Almost like Stokes 73 run partnership for the last wicket to get his team over the line.. he has bowled well too & if he can hold the bat and score some handy runs it’ll be awesome..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, nsareen said:

Did anybody mention Avesh Khan’s amazing achievement here What a rear guard stance from him
Almost like Stokes 73 run partnership for the last wicket to get his team over the line.. he has bowled well too & if he can hold the bat and score some handy runs it’ll be awesome..

Yes ... amazing innings by Avesh Khan of 64 off 56 balls with 7 sixes.

And picked up 2 wickets.