Zaheer khan - give the player u identify for no.4 atleast 30 games even if he fails

Zak - give the player u identify atleast 30 games even if he fails
Chopra- remember someone backed yuvraj singh when he struggled for more then 20 games post Icc champions trophy 2000 Spot on by both.......

something i hve saying.....have pateince with youngster for 50 games atleast
Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Problem isn't just giving enough games - its giving enough games to the right guys.  For example, if you gave 15 more games to a karthik or Rayudu, that would suck. 

The right thing to do is to give those games to Iyer/Pant.  I also want to see potential Jadhav replacements auditioned properly.  Better versions of Krunal or Deepak Hooda.  England won the world cup because they had guys like Buttler (Rishabh), Stokes (Hardik), Moeen (???), Archer (???) contributing on multiple sides of the ball.  White ball cricket is an arms race of batting depth and firepower.  Next WC is in India, which means that spin bowling allrounders will be effective.  Guys like Hooda, Nitish Rana, K Goutham etc have a golden chance at making an int'l career.  Although looking at Goutham's batting in the ongoing A series, it looks rank ordinary.

14 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Problem isn't just giving enough games - its giving enough games to the right guys.  For example, if you gave 15 more games to a karthik or Rayudu, that would suck. 

The right thing to do is to give those games to Iyer/Pant.  I also want to see potential Jadhav replacements auditioned properly.  Better versions of Krunal or Deepak Hooda.  England won the world cup because they had guys like Buttler (Rishabh), Stokes (Hardik), Moeen (???), Archer (???) contributing on multiple sides of the ball.  White ball cricket is an arms race of batting depth and firepower.  Next WC is in India, which means that spin bowling allrounders will be effective.  Guys like Hooda, Nitish Rana, K Goutham etc have a golden chance at making an int'l career.  Although looking at Goutham's batting in the ongoing A series, it looks rank ordinary.

With all due respect, Pant = Buttler and Stokes = Pandya? Please....................

12 hours ago, sandeep said:

mooen is not very good in ODIs with the bat or ball. I reckon that krunal is roughly on par with him. finding someone like archer, even just taking his sheer pace into account, is very hard. hardik might be able to takeover the stokes role, but pant really needs to learn to bottle his wild slogs if he wants to emulate and surpass buttler. in indian conditions, seems to me that the best bet is to make pant open and have gill in the middle order.

something like: rohit/rahul/shaw, Pant, Gill, Rat, Mayank, Hardik, Krunal/Hooda/Rana, Rahul Chahar/Jaddu, Kuldeep, Saini, Bumrah.

Team has 6 bowling options and bats till 8. a pity that our 9-11 can't bat, but one cannot have everything.

My only unorthodox choice is putting mayank at 5 and pant at opening, but I feel the latter is more suited for a gilly-type role than buttler. and mayank, based on what I saw in his Ind A games and tests seems to have a very complete game. he can bat calculatedly, he can defend solidly, and he can also score quick when the need arises. so I would like a player along these lines at 5.

11 minutes ago, cricketfan28 said:

30 is too high, should be 10-15. We have many youngsters to try if we stick to 30 it won't work.

no 30 is right....10-15 is to less. Players like yuvraj, rohit took 70-80 games to evolve...so even 30 is less in that way 

U dont have to give every youngster 30 games....identify right player and back them for 30 games 

For eg - Rayudu, DK, rahane were not right players. Players like Rahul, pant, gill are so give them that much of time