Modi government likely to bring bill to prevent religious conversion in next Parliament session

vayuu1

Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA government at the Centre is likely to bring a bill to prevent conversion of religion. Sources have told Zee News that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government may bring the anti-conversion bill in the next session of Parliament.

The sources said that the government has already started preparations for the same and discussion are underway to bring the bill that might prevent any kind of religious conversion.

This comes shortly after the conclusion of the Budget Session of Parliament wherein the government passed key bills like Jammu and Kashmir Re-organisation Bill, which bifurcates the state into two Union Territories – Jammu-Kashmir and Ladakh, and Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, which criminalises triple talaq.

Both the bills were passed in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha amid uproar by opposition. While the opposition questioned the manner in which Article 370 was abrogated, it opposed the clause of sending husband to jail in cases of triple talaq.

As the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha were adjourned sine die, Speaker Om Birla and RS Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu said that the recent session was one of the best in the history of Parliament.

Terming it as a “golden session for Lok Sabha”, Om Birla had pointed that as many as 35 bills were passed. According to Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi, “99% government business” was completed during the previous session of Parliament.

The highlights of the Budget session of Parliament were oath taking by elected representatives, election of Om Birla as Lok Sabha Speaker, Motion of Thanks on the President Ram Nath Kovind’s joint address, financial business relating to Union Budget for 2019-20.

The session also witnessed India's first full time woman Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman, present her maiden Budget on the floor of the House. The session was slated to end on July 26.

Apart from Jammu and Kashmir Re-organisation and triple talaq bills, Parliament also passed the National Investigation Agency (Amendment) Bill 2019, which aims at strengthening the central anti-terror agency and empowering its officials.

Jio mere Sher. 

55 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

There is flood in Assam, flood in Kerala, flood in mp, flood in Maharashtra, flood in Gujarat, flood in Bihar. What is so special just about Karnataka to give fund only to them?

They don't like Hindi over there, I think that counts as special :flute:

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

There is flood in Assam, flood in Kerala, flood in mp, flood in Maharashtra, flood in Gujarat, flood in Bihar. What is so special just about Karnataka to give fund only to them?

No, our tax money should be directed to gutka lands, where it can be used for mass breeding. 

9 minutes ago, velu said:

I hope the law is to prevent forced conversion like there are many NGOs in TN coastal areas who have monetary incentives to convert Dalits to Christianity .

There should be no law to prevent  anyone from following their religion of choice .

I think the idea is that people can individually choose whatever religion  they want by doing it in court...something like a registration.

It will most likely ban evangalists and organised conversion. It might ban people trying converting people but if someone wants to change religion ,they will have the option to do it in court...something like a change of name.

That should be cool.

Evangalists and converters should be made to shut shop abd their funding nade illegal, while people still having rights to choose their faith without fear or persecution .

1 hour ago, velu said:

I hope the law is to prevent forced conversion. There should be no law to prevent  anyone from following their religion of choice .

Of course that is what Modi govt will do, otherwise it will violate our constitution.

7 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Evangelists would be most unhappy about it. 

Despite the bad press, Muslims in India usually don't indulge in it. 

Muslims do but in a direct way, not as subtle/cunning as the evangelists so they get caught more easily. Conversions to Islam by dubious means is a big headache in Kerala, you must have seen all that conversion cum flight to IS held areas from there in last few years, a more sinister design there. 

Coming to evangelists, huge problem in South, NE and tribal belt in central India. Current AP CM's family is heavily invested in soul harvesting, Donyi-Polo religion in Arunachal has been under siege from the *ing missionaries since God knows when.What @velu said about TN is true, and the church there is involved in anti-development activities like Sterlite protests, Kudankulam before that. 

I am glad Modi is thinking about this, NGO missionary activities must be targeted relentlessly, let Project Joshua (Sonia Gandhi directly involved, told to me by Tharoor's personal secretary) find some place else. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Ravish is awarded as he exemplifies umbiased neutral fact based journalism as needed  as the fourth pillar of democracy. Do you believe that? He celebrates caste divided electorate that wins elections for the non-BJP parties. Kon jaat ho Rubbish.

I do not follow Indian media or Ravish specifically, to know the facts on this.  

12 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I do not follow Indian media or Ravish specifically, to know the facts on this.  

He was given Magsaysay. During 1990s , if someone was given such award for exemplary servicea , locals used to celebrate like we celebrated Bookers prize of Arundhati Roy. However, after it’s clear that award panel and others are ex-CIA, In this day and age, anyone getting awards must be serving against its own nation