Nadeem deserves place in test squad

vaul

Shahbaz Nadeem took 416 wickets in 108 first class matches so far.He has performed consistently for India-A team,especially,on overseas tours.Last year on England tour he took 12 wickets in three matches.On current WI tour he took 15 wickets in two matches.I think he is better option than both Jadeja and Ashwin under overseas conditions.

Check Jadeja's test bowling peformances over the last few years.  Add to that, his test batting average is ridiculously high over the last 2-3 years.  

Nadeem is a quality bowler, especially if conditions assist spin.  But there is no objective way you can make the case for him ahead of Jadeja.

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Check Jadeja's test bowling peformances over the last few years.  Add to that, his test batting average is ridiculously high over the last 2-3 years.  

Nadeem is a quality bowler, especially if conditions assist spin.  But there is no objective way you can make the case for him ahead of Jadeja.

absolutely. people ignore just how amazing jaddu has been over past few yrs both in Ind and abroad. he has been taking close to 5 wkts per match during these 2-3 yrs at a great avg and has a ridiculous avg of around 42. if one factors in his fielding - which in my book is actually some notches higher than other good fielders in the team (e.g. rat) - one can say that he might very well be the most underrated player in the indian lineup.

On 8/11/2019 at 8:23 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Tbh i dont see anything special in his bowling. Better we start giving shreyas gopal n rahul chahar A- games as we need a wrist spinner to win overseas. Neways in indian condition ashwin, jadeja will run through lineups and they both offer batting as well.  

gopal is a true multi-dimensional cricketer whose bowling has suffered due to being in pace-heavy KN attack led by "legend" vinnie.

Edited by Vijy
On 8/10/2019 at 4:01 PM, vaul said:

Shahbaz Nadeem took 416 wickets in 108 first class matches so far.He has performed consistently for India-A team,especially,on overseas tours.Last year on England tour he took 12 wickets in three matches.On current WI tour he took 15 wickets in two matches.I think he is better option than both Jadeja and Ashwin under overseas conditions.

its against WI A side , even Gowtham who just darts the ball picked up lot of wickets . From a little U have seen , I dont think hes anywhere close to Jadeja